Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

33 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

hahahah, holy shit, trump does the white power hand sign.

Totally not the white power hand sign.  It's just Trump showing how he lacks a racist bone in his body by evoking Eddie Murphy's reboot of Buckwheat:

Image result for buckwheat ok sign

Boris of the UK seems to be what we dread will follow Trump. Boris is highly educated and can speak effectively. The buffoon look seems to be a front to endear to those 99.9% of Britons who are of lower class.

I only know about him what I heard on NPR this morning and pieces of a few stories in the past, but this guy is Trump with actual brains. I don't know that he is as malignant as Trump (or that anybody is for that matter).

Edited by RomaVicta

4 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Remember the white paper (appropriately named) the GOP did after 2012 saying they needed a bigger tent, to be more inclusive, etc...?

Didn’t really take.

The GOP is going to have to have a  come to Jesus moment when Texas flips.

People like Mitch give no fucks, because he's old and won't be around when the bottom falls out for the GOP,  but from my time volunteering/working around W's gubernatorial campaigning, there were folks who were looking down the road 10, 15, even 20 years.  They were mapping out demographic changes, etc. and what districts would be impacted, etc.  They fully expected Texas to start  substantially changing in the 2010s (granted, predicting that in the 1990s was not much of a stretch, and it was only 10 years before that Texas was D).

Those are most likely the same people pushing for a bigger tent in 2012 (And I would bet it was some of W's people who worked on that paper), but they are, at least for the short-term, being drowned out by the Stephen Millers who can only focus on doing shit in the here-and-now.

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

"Then I have an Article 2, where I have the right to do whatever I want as President, BUT, I don't even talk about that."

. . . Trump says while talking about Article 2.

He went on to say...

"And it was a really nice article too, not like those hit pieces the media write about me.  They're totally fake news, believe me.  No collusion"

Bet Donnie doesn't realize more than a few Trumpkins benefit from SNAP.
And this is going to be something else to help mobilize a lot of voters.
Do you not think that all he has to do is say that it was actually the Dems that cut SNAP and they'll believe it?
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, tchookem said:
34 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Do you not think that all he has to do is say that it was actually the Dems that cut SNAP and they'll believe it?

He tried, and failed, to pin the budget shutdown on the Dems.   He came away cucked and basically without his precious wall.

The bigger problem for the GOP is that Trump will actually brag about cutting SNAP.   He will probably even claim it’s discouraging illegals from coming here.   GOP consultants will tell him “don’t cut SNAP, it will upset people” and Trump will go into “don’t tell me I can’t do something, I’m Donald Fucking Trump, and I will cut whatever I want.” mode.  

Plus Hannity and Stephen Miller will probably tell him to do it.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

14 minutes ago, tchookem said:
37 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

1 billion percent this.  Anything he or the Rs are responsible for, ANYTHING, can be immediately flipped to just say "it's the Dem's fault" and the cult will believe.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Burning books in a big bonfire seems like something Trump would be all about, even without the white nationalism.

19 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

Once he's colored in all the pages, they aren't much use to him anymore. 

giphy.gif

IDK. Maybe he’d sign the books!

1 hour ago, retread said:

Totally intentional, imo.ezgif-4-ea40e067ab32.gif

As a reminder of the type of people drawn to the organization he was addressing:

Perhaps most troubling for an organization that holds up conservatives as the real victims of discrimination in America, Turning Point USA is also alleged to have fostered an atmosphere that is hostile to minorities. Screenshots provided to me by a source show that Crystal Clanton, who served until last summer as the group’s national field director, sent a text message to another Turning Point employee saying, “i hate black people. Like fuck them all . . . I hate blacks. End of story.”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/a-conservative-nonprofit-that-seeks-to-transform-college-campuses-faces-allegations-of-racial-bias-and-illegal-campaign-activity

Or the woman who effectively replaced her, 22-year-old Shialee Grooman, who tweeted in 2013, “All I get is nigger dick.” 

5addf8cc1800004200384546.png?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/turning-point-usa-racist-tweets_n_5ad65b06e4b029ebe01ed1ac

And, of course, that racist Kid Kyle Kashuv who was barred from Harvard was their director of high school outreach.

5ce69991210000af0ed0ec7c.png?ops=scalefi

I'm sure there's an innocent explanation for Trump using the "okay" sign in front of that audience, and it's just a hilarious misunderstanding.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I was reminded this morning of the time when Trump was running for president, and he promised he would pay off the national debt... totally. Remember that? It's not even a thing now.

Fake news. With that kind of question, you should be forced to leave the country. Commie. 

7 minutes ago, bolverk said:

As a reminder of the type of people drawn to the organization he was addressing:

And, of course, that racist Kid Kyle Kashuv who was barred from Harvard was their director of high school outreach.

I'm sure there's an innocent explanation for Trump using the "okay" sign in front of that audience, and it's just a hilarious misunderstanding.

wow

6 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Wait....I thought black people LOVED Trump, Blexit, all that stuff?  Was that.....a LIE?  I mean....I thought those polls showing 79% black voter disapproval of Trump were FAKE NEWS?

Edited by Brisketexan

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

Except for the fact that he was portrayed as a "smart and tough businessman" for 10+ years, weekly, on a nationally broadcast primetime reality teevee show to erase that image.

do you have any idea how smart and tough you have to be to lose over a billion in a decade?  most people can’t even get their hands on that kind of scratch. 

27 minutes ago, bolverk said:

if that's the case, it's entirely possible that he was returning the hand signal to someone in the crowd.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

either way, i do not doubt that kellyanne told him absolutely not to do it.

kind of like, "hey donald, don't look directly into the solar eclipse, it could damage your eyesight permanently."

source.gif

I seriously don't know. They might just be trying to ratchet this shit up to drive racist turnout to the polls next year.

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait....I thought black people LOVED Trump, Blexit, all that stuff?  Was that.....a LIE?  I mean....I thought those polls showing 79% black voter disapproval of Trump were FAKE NEWS?

This assumes that the NAACP is the end all-be all entity that represents the collective will of the entire US African-American population.

"You know...this darn White House Bank, I can't...I have to.  Just hold on, wait.  The thing is, we have to wait for a switch over.  I mean, they have to send over the tax money,..once it's released...it goes into a savings.  But I have to convert to checking before the returns can be shown.  Okay, they can show them.  But you have to wait.  I have to wait.  We all have to wait.  It's unfair, but that's how it works when you're trying to be a man of the people.  We'll be waiting while the bank converts, or..I'll tell them to convert it.  They listen to me, I'm the President.  They'll switch it to checking.  And then the returns are done.  And the American people can see them.  I mean, nobody wants to see them.  They all know I've been very successful.  So there's nothing new here, really.  But the Democrats want to play their games.  And the media...you're all in it with them.  But you'll see.  And then everyone sees, there's a lot of money there that I've made.  And it's been tremendous.  And the returns are done and they're out there.  And I can get back to what I'm good at, making this economy even stronger.  So that's that.  And let's get it done."  

12 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

This assumes that the NAACP is the end all-be all entity that represents the collective will of the entire US African-American population.

Well, its vote seems to be in line with the vast majority of African Americans, so seems pretty on-target.  But, I mean, if continuing with the charade of "black people LOVE Trump" helps you sleep at night, you do you.

18 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

How do you get to co opt the the "OK" sign? 

That would be like copyrighting the "12th man"  or using the "thumbs up"  as a school hand sign.

To further your point that a hand gesture can mean more than one thing, in ASL, the "okay" hand sign can also mean the number 9 or the letter F. But, of course, the hook'em sign has different meanings too depending on context.

Edited by bolverk
comma

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

To further your point that a hand gesture can mean more than one thing in ASL, the "okay" hand sign can also mean the number 9 or the letter F. But, of course, the hook'em sign has different meanings too depending on context.

True.  I've seen it used as a secret devil sign.  

Deathtongue.jpg

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Perhaps most troubling for an organization that holds up conservatives as the real victims of discrimination in America, Turning Point USA is also alleged to have fostered an atmosphere that is hostile to minorities. Screenshots provided to me by a source show that Crystal Clanton, who served until last summer as the group’s national field director, sent a text message to another Turning Point employee saying, “i hate black people. Like fuck them all . . . I hate blacks. End of story.”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/a-conservative-nonprofit-that-seeks-to-transform-college-campuses-faces-allegations-of-racial-bias-and-illegal-campaign-activity

"That person did not say she hated people with black skin, she could have been referring to people who wear black clothes, or drive black cars."

-Texashammer

• Like 1

Well fuck, I guess I can scratch England off the list of places we'll move to when Trump gets re-elected.

When we were in Vancouver in 2017, I got dragged into a few political conversations with randoms. I fully expected to get accosted about him and told everyone my thoughts on him which are well documented here. Of course I hate him; I'm not a greedy prick, a racist, an idiot, or scared of change. To my surprise, a lot of them looked at him as a cult of personality that they were envious of. Several comments along the lines of "I wish our government stuck up for us  like Trump does", yada yada. Got the same thing with an Uber driver that took us to Heathrow.  Older black guy. And you're seeing Trump-like figures get elected here and there with increasing frequency all over the world.

This stuff is pretty frightening. Not sure where is safe from the wave of anti-intellectualism that is en vogue right now. Germany and France were pretty staunchly anti when we went, I guess.

It will pass. Eventually.

Edited by BradInATX

15 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

If it was so easy (putting a hat on) why would illegals be the only ones to vote over and over? He’s such a dipshit. 

Why do all these illegals come over here in the first place?  Two reasons: (1) there’s no wall and (2) they hate our country and want to vote in our elections, for Democrats.  

Think about it.  If there was no wall around Disneyland and you wanted to ride Splash Mountain, would you sneak into the park and only ride it once?  No!  You’d ride it over and over again, as many times as possible so that no matter how many natural-born American citizens lined up to ride, they wouldn’t be able to.  And the next thing you know, the illegals would be in charge of Disneyland and Mickey Mouse would be forced by MS13 to turn It’s a Small World into a combination abortion clinic / warehouse for guns confiscated from law abiding citizens.  

Is that what you want?

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Red Five said:

No. Only illegals vote 19 times apiece. And only for democrats. Trump supporters could vote 19 times if they wanted to, but they don't, so they only vote once. 

Fucking imbecile. 

What ever happened to that voter fraud commission he started when he became president?  Oh yeah, it was disbanded when the only voter fraud they found was on the GOP side.  Oops.

• Like 1