Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Re: tax refunds, they don’t care. TexAgs already saying only Dems rely on refunds cuz government handouts, and besides, they’d happily forgo theirs if it funds the wall.

It’s no longer a case of goalposts being moved — they were torn down and thrown out long ago.

These are the same people that nearly took healthcare from 15 million and were going to call it a political victory.
Unless there’s a mass sustained protest I don’t know about, Trump and Mitch couldn’t give a fuck about Joe six pack’s tax returns.

Disagree. Hard dollars will matter. The HC loss is probably worse for middle income and down but costs are less dramatic than the loss of a check.

Re: tax refunds, they don’t care. TexAgs already saying only Dems rely on refunds cuz government handouts, and besides, they’d happily forgo theirs if it funds the wall.
It’s no longer a case of goalposts being moved — they were torn down and thrown out long ago.

Please tell me they don’t think refunds are government “handouts”.

Even though I know they do.

Goddammit people are fucking stupid.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That’s because you and Brisket and others who think this don’t rely on those tax refunds.   

But there is a part of America who does rely on those tax refunds, and if you think they will blindly ignore Turtle refusing to consider a budget vote, or Dotard vetoing it, you don’t know many of them.  

It’s just like Donald assuming that hundreds of thousands of federal employees agree with him and are willing to work without pay.  They may have agreed with him in the past, but the numbers willing to work for free are going to dry up damn fast, and they won’t be voting for him in 2020.

Mitch knows these people very well.  So does Capito in West Virginia, Tillis from North Carolina, Cassidy in Louisiana, Alexander in Tennessee, Graham in South Carolina, Susan Collins in Maine, Roberts in Kansas, Perdue in Georgia, Cotton in Arkansas, and Cindy Hyde-Smith in Mississippi.  Some may step aside and some may be incriminated but they all have 2020 elections coming up.  

10 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Not all, some need their meth, oxycontin and other narcos and funding the wall isn't going to fund their habits/sales.  

Edited by Mdhorn

14 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Disagree. Hard dollars will matter. The HC loss is probably worse for middle income and down but costs are less dramatic than the loss of a check.

Y’all still aren’t getting it.  The only thing that matters are tangible CONSEQUENCES for Trump and the GOP.   We’re way too far out for this shutdown to have any election repercussions. 

The Senate GOP has proven over and over again they are beyond accountability from the American people.  The Kavanaugh confirmation illustrated this the best.  They were able to get their way despite the protests, mobs, and farce of a confirmation process.  They did this by controlling the media narrative and painting the democrats as the villains for wanting more transparency. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 4

On 1/5/2019 at 9:51 AM, 4th&Five said:

I seem to recall in one of my junior high history classes touching on the "opposition party".  And if my recollection serves me, it was a name given to the party that opposed slavery.

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Y’all still aren’t getting it.  The only thing that matters are tangible CONSEQUENCES for Trump and the GOP.   We’re way too far out for this shutdown to have any election repercussions. 

The Senate GOP has proven over and over again they are beyond accountability from the American people.  The Kavanaugh confirmation illustrated this the best.  They were able to get their way despite the protests, mobs, and farce of a confirmation process.  They did this by controlling the media narrative and painting the democrats as the villains for wanting more transparency. 

They didn't control the narrative in losing the House.  I understand what you're stating but that is telling in that it showed that people do care and Republicans ignored it.  They're still ignoring it and Trump said so what, the House doesn't really do anything--the power rests with the Senate since they elect judges.  That's not a group that learned a thing or will change.  Unfortunately, another mass shooting will happen, as will another natural catastrophe, economic crash which always happens, and hopefully, not a war.  But those are all on the table and they all matter.  And so will the investigation.  

Edited by Mdhorn

11 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Now it's a steel barrier which is so much better than the concrete he talked about for 2 years. 

And does he think concrete isn't made in the US?

And thanks to his tariffs, the price of steel has gone up, hence the wall will cost more than it would have in the first place, steel or concrete.

16 D Backgammon being played here, ladies and gentlemen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

The shitter in the Oval Office is going to take a beating.

For all the crap Trump does on Twitter, he still hasn't tagged her with some kind of nickname or whatnot; something like "Nitwit Nancy" or similar.  Anyone else is fair game, but he's kept his distance from her.  We all know it's not because he respects her, or she's a woman and decorum demands he act as a gentleman.

Maybe tomorrow is the big day.

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

For all the crap Trump does on Twitter, he still hasn't tagged her with some kind of nickname or whatnot; something like "Nitwit Nancy" or similar.  Anyone else is fair game, but he's kept his distance from her.  We all know it's not because he respects her, or she's a woman and decorum demands he act as a gentleman.

Maybe tomorrow is the big day.

It’s because she can really hurt him.  

She could impeach Trump in the House with a snap of her fingers or go hard enough to the paint on the investigations to possibly cripple him politically.

Why doesn’t she do this?  Leverage.

Nancy probably calculates the senate isn’t in a place to successfully remove Trump from office so any premature impeachment effort would result in an acquittal.  She’s going to slow bleed him with the investigations.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

No, they did it by having more people from their team in the Senate.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Y’all still aren’t getting it.  The only thing that matters are tangible CONSEQUENCES for Trump and the GOP.   We’re way too far out for this shutdown to have any election repercussions

These are tangible consequences for the people who were expecting, even relying upon, their tax refunds being delivered in a timely manner.   

Right now, the shutdown has affected very few Americans, relatively speaking, outside of the hundreds of thousands of federal employees, and certain contractors.  

But when tens of millions find out their shit is getting delayed while Trump is shitter-tweeting about how he won’t open the government if he doesn’t get his $5 billion, it’s going to leave a mark.  

Hell, two months ago,  Trump lost Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Arizona, even after personally campaigning in those states, followed by Republicans shitting all over the voters in some of those states.  And he has to retake at least three of those states in 2020 to win   

Now throw in a delayed tax refund.

How does that help Trump retake at least three of those states?  (hint: it doesn’t). 

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Queen Bitch said:

TexAgs: a sports forum that loves and worships QAnon  

They are full of shit, as usual.  If their tax returns are delayed, there are going to be a lot of sheep being hate-fucked, more so than usual.

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The consequence is uneasiness sinking the market/economy further.  Trump/R’s needs a humming economy for any chance at all. 

Every day they fuck around is one day closer to D day.  

So keep playing games, assholes.  

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

The consequence is uneasiness sinking the market/economy further.  Trump/R’s needs a humming economy for any chance at all. 

Every day they fuck around is one day closer to D day.  

So keep playing games, assholes.  

And imagine the stock market if tax refunds are delayed.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

How does that help Trump retake at least three of those states?  (hint: it doesn’t). 

Yeah, Trump has mismanaged EVERYTHING.

Does.

Not.

Matter.

Charlottesville, Helsinki, Kavanaugh, Child Seperation Policy, Comey, Mueller, North Korea, Trade War, Boy Scouts, Omarosa, NATO, Stock Market, Khashoggi, Paris Accord, Iran Deal, Individual 1, Stormy Daniels, Giuliani, Mattis, Flynn, McMaster, Kelly, Trump Organization, Manafort, Sessions, Pruitt, Zinke, Price, Obamacare.

But Gorsuch I guess.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, Trump has mismanaged EVERYTHING.

Does.

Not.

Matter.

Charlottesville, Helsinki, Kavanaugh, Child Seperation Policy, Comey, Mueller, North Korea, Trade War, Boy Scouts, Omarosa, NATO, Stock Market, Khashoggi, Paris Accord, Iran Deal, Individual 1, Stormy Daniels, Giuliani, Mattis, Flynn, McMaster, Kelly, Trump Organization, Manafort, Sessions, Pruitt, Zinke, Price, Obamacare.

But Gorsuch I guess.

None of those things you mentioned required them to work without pay or took money from Trumpkins who were expecting a check from the Treasury

I swear, some of you have never been in a position where going without a paycheck or having a tax refund delayed was a serious issue.   There are a shitload of Americans for whom these are serious issues.  Mock them for being in the position they are in, or even pull a Trump and pretend like they don’t exist, but it doesn’t change the fact that this is a very serious issue for these people.  

Many of them supported Trump, because they believed he would protect them, and take care of them.  Bring better jobs back,  lower their taxes, etc.  

The jobs haven’t arrived and the tax cuts went to the upper classes  

And he’s putting many in financial jeopardy over $5 billion he wants out of trillions of dollars.  

They will put up with a lot of shit.  They will forgive Trump for his lack of morals.  But he’s going to push them to their limit if they have financial issues over what looks like a temper tantrum.   They won’t sit there and nod their heads at how it’s the Democrats fault, because they know Turtle isn’t pushing it through and Trump proudly proclaims he won’t sign it.  

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I agree with you but still think they’ll put all their anger on the dems because he’ll tell them to and they’d rather be Russian than side with a democrat. 

Here it is.  Welcome to 2019 where nothing fucking matters and facts are bullshit and we are all on fire.

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I agree with you but still think they’ll put all their anger on the dems because he’ll tell them to and they’d rather be Russian than side with a democrat. 

If Trump would stop saying stupid shit on twitter and completely owning the shutdown, then I would agree that they would put it on the Dems for a while longer   

But Trump keeps owning this and bragging about refusing to sign it.  That takes a hollow victory against the libtards and turns it into a pyrrhic victory.

9 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This may be true for some, but Maslow still applies.  

Mess with people’s money and they’ll care less about Trump and the wall and more about getting what they need.  The wall can wait. Open the damn government. 

Trump keeps saying those who aren’t getting paid understand and will work through it. I don’t think he understands that you can’t just call your creditors and bank and say “I’m sorry, I can’t pay my bills this month but I promise I’ll pay when I start getting a paycheck. Ok. Thanks Bye.” And that you can stay in your house without paying your mortgage or that they won’t turn off the lights when you do today the light bill. Trump in his life has never had to write a check to pay for electricity or water, he doesn’t know they’ll shut that shit off and your mortgage company don’t give a fuck why you can’t pay. He’s always had Daddy’s cushion.

And look, I’m going to irritated if my tax return is late. I need a new TV.

This tax season is going to be a cluster fuck. It's not just the people waiting on returns but others that are adjusting to the new tax code and are trying to avoid paying higher taxes. I expect a lot of people across the spectrum to be pissed off about the shutdown.

36 minutes ago, sachick said:

Trump keeps saying those who aren’t getting paid understand and will work through it. I don’t think he understands that you can’t just call your creditors and bank and say “I’m sorry, I can’t pay my bills this month but I promise I’ll pay when I start getting a paycheck.

Trump’s divorce from reality and danger for our country is in the red zone.

1 hour ago, triplehorn said:

Trump’s divorce from reality and danger for our country is in the red zone.

Most people have no idea the kind of serious shit Trump and his family are in with the law.  Anyone could see if the heat got turned up too high he would lash out on innocent people and make them suffer.  

There isn’t anyone he will not hurt to save himself.  Well, maybe one person.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

On 1/5/2019 at 2:38 PM, bolverk said:

Will Hurd at least seems somewhat decent. I haven't bothered to look up his voting record, but he was on NPR the other day talking about how we don't need this stupid wall. Plus, he talks a good bipartisanship game - of course, he has to if he wants to continue to represent that particular district.

I think you should check his voting record. 

Lets just say that Hurd's brow is very furrowed. 

Trump's tax cut and stab at snatching away healthcare are abstractions to his moronic base, but when that IRS check doesn't come in the mail, that's gonna be some real shit. And it's gonna be some real shit if you have to wait in a TSA line for six hours because those dudes left to find other jobs. Shit, Trump's doing his level best to cripple air travel in this country period -- that's gonna leave a mark with the white collar idiots who voted for him too when they can't make it to their golf retreat in Palm Springs. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Trumpty Dumpty, definitely.

The Dumpty part sounds fat and slovenly. Perfect for Trump.

So as Trumpty dumpty takes stand on his wall, let’s push his ass off & watch him fall.  So all the wannabe king’s horses and men, can get a fucking paycheck again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Michael Bolton, John Bolton, really, the Venn diagram for “Boltons” and “no-talent assclowns” is just two overlapping circles.

Chances are, it was a typo.

Michael Bolton has a sense of humor - and his work with Andy Sandberg was great.

6 hours ago, sachick said:

Trump keeps saying those who aren’t getting paid understand and will work through it. I don’t think he understands that you can’t just call your creditors and bank and say “I’m sorry, I can’t pay my bills this month but I promise I’ll pay when I start getting a paycheck. Ok. Thanks Bye.” 

Why not? It worked for him?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

You’re not getting it.  Trump and the Republicans will blame all of that on the Democrats, and it will work.  These people are either not smart enough to understand that the reason that their refunds aren’t coming is squarely and undeniably on the shoulders of Trump and the R’s, or they are too brainwashed to ever accept it.  Or both.  

Yes Republicans are going to blame Democrats for the shutdown, 100%. It doesn't matter that Trump took the blame for the shutdown.