Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

11 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

I'd like to know if the group of Indians were walking/marching or standing still. If they were marching forward and reached the group of Catholic kids then then kids should have moved out of the way. 

Why should they move?  It's not their country.  The white man successfully took it from them! /MAGA

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

I don't honestly care too much about who started what with whom in the Native American/MAGA kid saga.  No one got hurt.  I do know that kids wearing those hats automatically should be scorned and shamed and made to re-evaluate their lives.

Fucking incels just tryin to be edgy.

On this day when we're remembering Martin Luther King, let's remember what Trump said a year ago...

On January 11, 2018, during an Oval Office talk with several U.S. senators about protecting immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador, and African countries in a new immigration package, President Donald Trump unleashed a word that Americans aren't accustomed to hearing from their president.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump reportedly asked. (He later denied having said this.)

Months earlier, Trump had reportedly complained that Nigerian immigrants would never “go back to their huts” and Haitians “all have aids.” He doubled down at the Oval Office meeting. “Why do we need more Haitians?” Trump said. “Take them out.”

In their stead, Trump spoke of taking in immigrants from great European countries like Norway, and also from Asian countries, since they could help America economically.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/01/shithole-countries/580054/?utm_term=2019-01-17T22%3A22%3A35&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=the-atlantic&utm_content=edit-promo

8 minutes ago, retread said:

Neither Trump nor Pence are scheduled to attend any event in MLK's honor/remembrance today. Of course, they probably weren't invited to any and wouldn't be welcome anyway. 

21 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't honestly care too much about who started what with whom in the Native American/MAGA kid saga.  No one got hurt.  I do know that kids wearing those hats automatically should be scorned and shamed and made to re-evaluate their lives.

At this point, I don’t even care what the kids did, even with the tomahawking and all of that.  

I’d like to know what adults thought it would be a good idea to let 16 years decked out in Trump gear attend an anti-abortion rally.  These kids didn’t randomly get their allowances together and decide to buy MAGA hats and shirts to wear to an anti-abortion rally   

I know, the joke is that all of their 80 or so faculty and staff are white, and only a couple of minorities attend any given yearout of hundreds of students,, but still.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
1 hour ago, GRHorn said:
So why ask again?  He’d get it right, but through your mind reading prowess you’d be able to tell that it was luck? 

He hasn't been asked in the first place. Gun to your head do you think he knows he was a red sock or diamondback?

Trump:  let’s see, I like red, and Shilling likes me, so probably Red Sock.  Plus, aren’t diamondbacks those people who smuggle brown people across our border?  Yeah, I’m going to go with New England Red Sock.  

8 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
1 hour ago, GRHorn said:
So why ask again?  He’d get it right, but through your mind reading prowess you’d be able to tell that it was luck? 

He hasn't been asked in the first place. Gun to your head do you think he knows he was a red sock or diamondback?

Do you think Donald Trump knows there's teams besides Yankees and Mets? He probably already forgot hosting the Astros and Red Sox because he's senile.

39 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I was busy all weekend so I don’t know much about this at all, but your first sentence tells me everything. 

17 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

It’s pretty clear it got back to the WH that people were questioning why trump didn’t have any plans to go to a march, rally, etc to celebrate MLK so they just made up this 1 minute gesture to make it seem like he was doing something. 

While i think it’s clear he had nothing planned, what’s not clear is did he not plan something on purpose or was he just not invited anywhere...

21 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

34 Senate Seats up.  22 are GOP.  I could see a Az, Co, Maine pick up.  Maybe NC &  Iowa.  But if we have impeachment and proof of GOP aided cover up, it could go like the post Watergate election.  If Mueller dumps some serious dirt, the GOP Senators will have to rally round Trump or face the wrath of the deplorables in their primaries, which would.piss off everyone  

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

34 Senate Seats up.  22 are GOP.  I could see a Az, Co, Maine pick up.  Maybe NC &  Iowa.  But if we have impeachment and proof of GOP aided cover up, it could go like the post Watergate election.  If Mueller dumps some serious dirt, the GOP Senators will have to rally round Trump or face the wrath of the deplorables in their primaries, which would.piss off everyone  

So .... it's working out well?

8 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Trump showed up. So what if it's for two minutes. 

Really. Jeff Mason needs to find better to bitch about.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/10877377/ns/us_news-life/t/president-marks-martin-luther-king-jr-day/

Now, Democrats have always had a focus on MLK Day, but the pre-Trump GOP response was different.  Moose out front...

13 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

Didn't say they had good taste.  Just they didn't start anything or harass anyone.  They got approached and taunted.  Then they stood there laughing about it as kids are wont to do.

One of the kids was black and repeatedly got called the N-word.  

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/20/us/covington-kentucky-student-statement/index.html

Anyone acting like they were victimized by these kids is a fucking joke.  Anyone pretending these kids started shit is a fucking moron.

I think you are making some good points until your last couple of lines.  You weren't there and I wasn't there and thus the only truism is that none of us know the full story.   I do think it impresses upon us that its never good to jump to conclusions based on the first reports of incidents like this. 

That being said, I'll report the first intelligent words I hear out of someone wearing a MAGA hat when I hear them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

It would help if you posted the video, and not what people commented about the video. Hell, Swam could have made the observations.

That reddit post has links to all the video of the situation.  It got gilded five times over.  In the larger thread there is another guy who does the same thing this dude did which also got gilded multiple times, except the dude that made that post makes it a point to say he hates Trump supporters, is a hardcore leftist, and yet that the kids didn't do anything.  You can interpret w/e you want from it I guess, but the video is all there and it completely explains the situation.  There are links to the full, unedited video if you take two seconds to look.  What more exactly do you need? 

Color me not surprised that when presented with clear evidence that the media manipulated the video clips they showed to rile the mouth-breathers up, said people in this thread doubled down on not admitting they got played.

It's obvious that a) the kids were minding their own business until some Black Israelites started saying awful shit to them b) the kids responded by laughing and doing school chants c) Native American protestors inserted themselves into the situation and also provoked the kids and acted kind of shitty to them d) kids again responded not in a hostile way but playing along and goofing off.  Are they assholes for being Trump supporters and wearing those dumbass hats?  Sure.  Did they start and/or escalate this situation and deserve to be made out to be harassing the poor, innocent Native American vet and likened to white kids harassing blacks from the civil rights era?  No.  That would be patently obvious to anyone with common sense, but we live in the hyperbolic age of Trump, so I guess not.

5 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

The was a 10 swing in house races from 2016 to 2018. There are 74 Republican congressmen in R+10 or closer districts.

1 hour ago, SpiralOut said:

That reddit post has links to all the video of the situation.  It got gilded five times over.  In the larger thread there is another guy who does the same thing this dude did which also got gilded multiple times, except the dude that made that post makes it a point to say he hates Trump supporters, is a hardcore leftist, and yet that the kids didn't do anything.  You can interpret w/e you want from it I guess, but the video is all there and it completely explains the situation.  There are links to the full, unedited video if you take two seconds to look.  What more exactly do you need? 

Color me not surprised that when presented with clear evidence that the media manipulated the video clips they showed to rile the mouth-breathers up, said people in this thread doubled down on not admitting they got played.

It's obvious that a) the kids were minding their own business until some Black Israelites started saying awful shit to them b) the kids responded by laughing and doing school chants c) Native American protestors inserted themselves into the situation and also provoked the kids and acted kind of shitty to them d) kids again responded not in a hostile way but playing along and goofing off.  Are they assholes for being Trump supporters and wearing those dumbass hats?  Sure.  Did they start and/or escalate this situation and deserve to be made out to be harassing the poor, innocent Native American vet and likened to white kids harassing blacks from the civil rights era?  No.  That would be patently obvious to anyone with common sense, but we live in the hyperbolic age of Trump, so I guess not.

FFS enough with this thread drift already.