Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There is no left wing version of Fox News and their competition isn’t moving towards that.

just stopping by to say no, this is not right man. MSNBC and CNN are both very slanted to the 'left'. not as much as Fox is, but thats not really important. Follows the general political culture of America right now really. Its a pooh off and people are still satisfied arguing that their pooh smells less stinky than someone else's. everywhere.

happy Friday homeboys. I am in the future now. I know Thursday doesn't have any nukes, so sleep tight friends

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Not just this.  MSNBC spellllllssssssss it out soooooo fucking slowwwwwllyyyyy...  I hate to say this but it caters to a 'slower' audience.  I actually much prefer MSNBC to Fox (obviously) but it is such a drag to watch Maddow take 7 minutes to close a point that should have been 30 seconds.  But that's what the average Joe needs to get anything through his thick skull. 

This isn't accurate. I posted on Momday during Maddow that the "get to the point" crowd couldn't complain because she had a lot to cover and dove right in. I only caught the first 20-30 minutes of the midnight replay the last couple of nights but it's a busy news week with Cohen and Korea so she got right down to business. Last night she effectively opened with a syllabus of what the show was going to cover. 

I don't know what you're talking about regarding "taking 7 minutes to close a point that should have been 30 seconds." Maybe you could provide an example. It's an hour long show. Maybe sometimes the producer is in her ear telling her to stretch the segment out until the next commercial break. That happens in television and radio. 

It's pretty simple, really. If she's not talking about anything interesting when you tune in, change the channel. If she's giving a history lesson about some finer detail from the McCarthy era or Watergate then she's probably going to relate that to the Trump investigation(s) eventually. 

CNN is IMO unwatchable.  it's a bunch of has been political commentators giving all sides analysis shouting at each other, with little actual news.  It's not biased.  But it's also not really news.  If there's anything to be gained by watching Rick Santorum argue with Gloria Borger arguing with Van Jones, I'm not sure what it is.

MSNBC has actual news on.  Yes, there's some left lean, but what's reported is accurate.  Their guests are not commentators shouting at each other, but reporters or experts with knowledge of what's being discussed, for the most part.  If there's commentary, it's generally not political commentators, but people such as criminal law or foreign security experts discussing the Russia investigation.   The biggest problem with MSNBC (and also true of CNN) is it's just endless harping on the one big news story of the day.  Trump all the time.  No discussion of say, the situation with India and Pakistan, or what's happening in Puerto Rico currently.  

Fox is just Gop propaganda, and isn't even news or true.

• Like 4

like i said in my post, they aren't as bad as fox. the point is not to compare shit and throw it at each other. went right over your heads. 

NONE OF THE MSM IS DOING THE JOB WE NEED THEM TO DO. 

ergo, talking about them in some odd battle royale of online banter for years and years now is really pointless. you ever wonder why you are still here?

anyway, fox is terrible. the worst, yes. thats great. @RomaVictathanks not labeling me a fox apologist. thats great. pay attention man. much love brother. rant on. 

Edited by staboner

47 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

This isn't accurate. I posted on Momday during Maddow that the "get to the point" crowd couldn't complain because she had a lot to cover and dove right in. I only caught the first 20-30 minutes of the midnight replay the last couple of nights but it's a busy news week with Cohen and Korea so she got right down to business. Last night she effectively opened with a syllabus of what the show was going to cover. 

I don't know what you're talking about regarding "taking 7 minutes to close a point that should have been 30 seconds." Maybe you could provide an example. It's an hour long show. Maybe sometimes the producer is in her ear telling her to stretch the segment out until the next commercial break. That happens in television and radio. 

It's pretty simple, really. If she's not talking about anything interesting when you tune in, change the channel. If she's giving a history lesson about some finer detail from the McCarthy era or Watergate then she's probably going to relate that to the Trump investigation(s) eventually. 

Lol.  Ok.  Maybe I’m a fucking genius but the pace seems damn slow to me...and I’m fairly certain I’m no genius and it is slow af.  

But everyone wants to cheer for their team and MSNBC definitely leans hard left.  

Edit:  Let me be clear...there's nothing wrong with viewing actual news from the viewpoint of someone on the left and opine based on that viewpoint.  This is not FOX bullshit where they lie and make up whatever as they go.  So, I don't have a problem with MSNBC...I probably watch it as much as CNN and much more than Fox which is hard to stomach even 5 min at a time...unless it's Shep.  Love me some Shep. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Ok.  Maybe I’m a fucking genius but the pace seems damn slow to me...and I’m fairly certain I’m no genius and it is slow af.  

But everyone wants to cheer for their team and MSNBC definitely leans hard left.  

Taking 7 minutes on something that should've taken 30 seconds seems oddly specific. Genius or not, I'd think you could expound on that.

Monday night's show was divided into 7 segments. Because the topic had come up (again) on here, I took notes. I didn't time stamp any of it but I could detail the breakdown of the show. The meat of it was an interview with John Brennan in the 2nd and 3rd segments. Apart from that she talked about Cohen's impending testimony, Trump's summit with Kim, how Trump sought Putin's advice on N. Korea, how Sergey Lavrov was in Hanoi, there was an update on Maria Butina's status and some discussion about Konstantin Kilimnik. Just before the show aired, Manafort's legal team submitted their reply to his sentencing memo so she had a reporter from the NYT on to provide details on that. 

At no time did she take 7 minutes to resolve a point that should've only taken 30 seconds. 

As long as we're on a cable news tangent, I'd like to share something funny Al Sharpton said on Morning Joe today. I'm not much of a fan and have never quoted him before but this was pretty good. They were talking about Lynne Patton being used as a prop in Cohen's hearing to prove Trump isn't racist. Al commented that he'd been to Trump Tower scores of times and the darkest thing there was the lighting in the elevator. I got a chuckle out of that. 

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Taking 7 minutes on something that should've taken 30 seconds seems oddly specific. Genius or not, I'd think you could expound on that.

Monday night's show was divided into 7 segments. Because the topic had come up (again) on here, I took notes. I didn't time stamp any of it but I could detail the breakdown of the show. The meat of it was an interview with John Brennan in the 2nd and 3rd segments. Apart from that she talked about Cohen's impending testimony, Trump's summit with Kim, how Trump sought Putin's advice on N. Korea, how Sergey Lavrov was in Hanoi, there was an update on Maria Butina's status and some discussion about Konstantin Kilimnik. Just before the show aired, Manafort's legal team submitted their reply to his sentencing memo so she had a reporter from the NYT on to provide details on that. 

At no time did she take 7 minutes to resolve a point that should've only taken 30 seconds. 

I was exaggerating for effect.  Like her pauses 

42 minutes ago, staboner said:

like i said in my post, they aren't as bad as fox. the point is not to compare shit and throw it at each other. went right over your heads. 

NONE OF THE MSM IS DOING THE JOB WE NEED THEM TO DO

ergo, talking about them in some odd battle royale of online banter for years and years now is really pointless. you ever wonder why you are still here?

anyway, fox is terrible. the worst, yes. thats great. @RomaVictathanks not labeling me a fox apologist. thats great. pay attention man. much love brother. rant on. 

Of course not. They can't, because they're for-profit corporate-owned businesses. Further, most people for a variety of reasons aren't particularly interested in really understanding our political and economic systems. Expecting the mainstream media to effectively educate the general public given these constraints is foolish.

I was being flippant.  And I'm generally not a fan of MSNBC.
But as I said earlier: other stations are guilty of spin, selective coverage, and editorializing; Fox News is guilty of creating an entirely false narrative.  Fox News is not a reliable source of information on any level.  They're just making shit up.  MSNBC cannot be fairly accused of anything remotely similar to what Fox News is doing.

Fox News viewers are less informed about issues than if they has watched no news at all. They are unique in this regard.

23 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

this is a very alarming aspect to trump's presidency, honestly. i think the reason he doesn't mind murderous autocrats is because he wants to be one himself. this is worse than all the graft crimes and russian collusion. he really wants to be able to murder people with impunity. i really think he wishes he could have jim acosta dragged screaming from the press pool to some dungeon somewhere for torture.

he just is a terrible human being. you have to think: if you were in the presence of a known murderer, would you be cool with that? i know being president means you have to rub shoulders with some unsavory characters, but you do not have to heap lavish praise on the shoulders of known killers. but he does, with kim, with putin, with MBS. our president wants to be like those people. or maybe he is already like those people, he just cannot act as they do, and it infuriates him. 

think about that for a second, because it really transcends politics.

• Like 8