Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

*there are

#raiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I am quite dogmatic myself that data are plural. However I think it is generally accepted in literary circles that data can be singular or plural.  They are of course wrong. But none the less. The guardian style guide, for example. https://www.theguardian.com/guardian-observer-style-guide-d 

Edited by Anastasis

I'm pretty sure if you're writing a headline about intelligence you should probably stick to the more widely accepted historical norm.  I know you agree.

I'm an Oxford comma, two-space guy as well.  55 and counting.  No going back.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm pretty sure if you're writing a headline about intelligence you should probably stick to the more widely accepted historical norm.  I know you agree.

I'm an Oxford comma, two-space guy as well. 55 and counting.  No going back.

Oxford comma, fucking yes. Rolling eyes at double sentence spacing. Let's all act like we are working on 1970s typewriters with fixed fonts. 

• Like 1

So he's inforcing a tariff in an attempt to curtail people fleeing Mexico, yet he's bragging on how the tariffs against China are destroying the infrastructure of said country causing their residents to flee? His nex book is going to be amazing. 

He even said that some Chinese are coming to America, and that’s good. Which is odd, because I thought we were full.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Wait, there are people that don’t double space after a sentence?  

Indeed.  It’s the same group of people who wear skinny jeans, have Civil War Confederate General throat beards, drink cold brew by the gallon, and ruin the world with electric scooters. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Indeed.  It’s the same group of people who wear skinny jeans, have Civil War Confederate General throat beards, drink cold brew by the gallon, and ruin the world with electric scooters. 

And are prone to indulging in avocado toast.

• Like 1

When your life as a North Korean diplomat apparently depends on successful negotiations, it can't be a heartening sign to look across the table and see that bloated, orange buffoon. I'd probably start by drafting a joint statement mutually decrying Hillary, Obama, and presidential candidates of low IQ, and finish  up by agreeing to pay for a wall on the Korean border. After that, Trump would sign any fucking document you want dealing with those missile thingies.

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Wait, there are people that don’t double space after a sentence?  Fucking savages. 

3 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

You are both wrong and antiquated. Wasting your life away with unnecessary punctuation. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Well, the iPhone automatically inserts a period when you double space at the end of a sentence, so not that antiquated.

Team Double Space and Oxford Comma 4 Lyfe

iOS turns a double space entry into a period followed by a single space. The phone accounts for the poor typography of luddites automagically.  

Edited by Anastasis

14 hours ago, horn4life said:

So no need to say anything more than our President is a liar and a felon (unindicted co-conspirator).  And we wonder how so many people we thought were principled embrace Trump despite the clear truth of his wrong doings.  We honestly thought our friends on the R side of the aisle had some degree of non-hypocrisy in their prior criticisms of Obama's Presidency.  NOT ONE OF THEIR PRIOR CRITICISMS was based on principles... it was and is always politics for the GOP. 

I used to honestly believe that the vast Majority of the GOP would put the country first.  Clearly from a budget, debt, legislative, moral, and principled point of view this is simply not the case.

You just now saw that?

Have you been a fucking moron for the last 40 years? 

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

You are both wrong and antiquated. Wasting your life away with unnecessary punctuation. 

waking up to find i'm on the other side of this is a great way to start my day.

double space after a period is fucking muscle memory.  i don't have a choice.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

You’re not on the wrong side.  Period.  Two spaces.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Yeah, I'd have to train my right pinky finger to hit the backspace key, because I'm sure never gonna get my right thumb to not double-tap.  That isn't gonna happen.

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

You’re not on the wrong side.  Period.  Two spaces.

Almost every single modern style guide disagrees with you.

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

double space after a period is fucking muscle memory.

I will still inadvertently mix a wasted space in every once in a while. 

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Trump must be full of despot envy.  Being able to kill an underling to scapegoat them for your own failures?  Now THAT'S a country which knows how to treat Dear Leader.

180614-trump-salute-screengrab-1160.png

did they find a general with tiny hands in order to flatter trump?

23 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

this debate has a chance to be the biggest hot-button-divisive-issue this community has faced since the hotness ranking of any photo featuring 3 or more women.

#team jt til i die

I never even understood the damn argument.

29 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Trump must be full of despot envy.  Being able to kill an underling to scapegoat them for your own failures?  Now THAT'S a country which knows how to treat Dear Leader.

Its crazy that this assclown gets votes from military personnel.  Saluting NK generals, dishonoring McCain and disrespecting the sailors on his namesake boat, and wishing Japan a Happy Memorial Day.  Obama would have been rightfully destroyed for even one of those things had he done them.

• Like 4

not sure where to put this, but cuomo had kimberly guilfoyle on last night, and as per usual when he has on someone like this, it was entertaining.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/05/31/cnn_chris_cuomo_vs_kimberly_guilfoyle_mueller_never_used_the_word_guilty_like_starr.html

entire segment in on youtube (first 12-13 minutes is the interview) so i can embed:

1 hour ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

One of the top 10 displays of Trump's dumbassery. The guy literally has no idea what he's doing in any scenario unless it involves lying, or yelling at clouds during pep rallies.

Also, he's so fucking fat that his fucking tie is just about pointing to 4 o clock. Fat slob.