Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Guest Lobo

You want us to hide a 500 foot long Burke-class destroyer?  In Japan?  Because your boss might get sad if he sees it?  Uh-huh?  And whom Am i speaking with again?   

Tell you what, I’ll have valet move it over there with the Japanese vehicles and maybe it’ll just blend in after he takes all the stuff off the outside.  

19 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You want us to hide a 500 foot long Burke-class destroyer?  In Japan?  Because your boss might get sad if he sees it?  Uh-huh?  And whom Am i speaking with again?   

Tell you what, I’ll have valet move it over there with the Japanese vehicles and maybe it’ll just blend in after he takes all the stuff off the outside.  

I got a guy

david-copperfield2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I would feel better about the McCain story if trump himself had made the request. The other option is worse. His people, who we pay for with our tax dollars, actually think they need to protect trump from seeing the name McCain, even to the extent of asking for our naval ships to delay repairs while trump is near. 

On a related note, is there anything stopping trump from naming a new aircraft carrier after himself? Or renaming a current one? I know there would be a cost but that isn’t a consideration.

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would feel better about the McCain story if trump himself had made the request. The other option is worse. His people, who we pay for with our tax dollars, actually think they need to protect trump from seeing the name McCain, even to the extent of asking for our naval ships to delay repairs while trump is near. 

On a related note, is there anything stopping trump from naming a new aircraft carrier after himself? Or renaming a current one? I know there would be a cost but that isn’t a consideration.

'Member when they were gonna Trumpify Air Force One?

36 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I'm surprised the Navy would admit that while Trump is in office. Someone is tired of the CIC and is going to be in some shit.

They had to.   The WSJ and CNBC got ahold of the actual email with instructions to hide the ship. 

Screenshot-2019-05-30-Amanda-Macias-aman

Screenshot-2019-05-30-Amanda-Macias-aman

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 2

"A request was made to the U.S. Navy to minimize the visibility of USS John S. McCain, however, all ships remained in their normal configuration during the President's visit," Rear Admiral Charlie Brown, chief of information, said in a statement to NBC News.

Image result for charlie brown

38 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump said he didn't order it and knew nothing about it. I figure there's at least a 50% chance that he's lying. 

Guest Lobo

Wow, a member of the Peanuts gang made Flag Officer.  Which to me, after reading this shit, is far more plausible than the fact that I'm looking at a printed copy of an official communique between the White House and the U.S. Navy that asks for a Burke-class Destroyer to be "Out of Sight."  I can't fucking believe I'm seeing that.  

Guest Lobo
17 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Hard pass

58013bea8957a.image.jpg

That photo looks like every frat guy in the 1980s at one of those cross-dressing parties they had up at the Omega house.  

13 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's nice that Texas only does roughly double the importing and exporting from Mexico over any other stare so the Texas economy is about to get fucked. Great job Texas republicans. 

13 hours ago, Zombie said:
14 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:
Franklin Graham threatens civil war if Trump is impeached for any reason:

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/05/31/franklin-graham-civil-war-trump-impeached.html

I'll happily put a bullet in Graham's head when the war starts.

I'll let you do the shooting only if you let me fuck the hole in his head and come inside his braincase.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Trump said he didn't order it and knew nothing about it. I figure there's at least a 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 (repeating of course)% chance that he's lying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/30/2019 at 2:19 PM, Brisketexan said:

Intelligence does not have a negative correlation with stupidity.  In fact, a certain level of intelligence (higher) is even more dangerous.  Dunning Kruger and all that.  Stupid people know they're stupid.  Smart people generally know they are smart, AND know the limits of their knowledge and information.  It's that group in between -- smarter than idiots, but not smart enough to know how dumb they still are -- that will kill you.  And that is the essence of America right now.

if everyone in young adulthood spent some time working with people who are very different from them socio-economically, and spent some time working in a field that they don't know anything about (with a team of people who are professionals in that area), we'd have a lot fewer high iq jackass idiots.

why bother doing anything about the boat at all?  it's not like he knows the number or what a destroyer looks like.  and if he asked "oh, no mr. president, that's not the arliegh burke class john mccain, that's the henry j. kaiser class patuxent"

Edited by elfenix

Great Village Voice article:  "Meet the Medicaid cheats, coke dealers, mobsters — and those who may have gotten a touch too friendly with mobsters — who call Trump Tower home."   This is from 1991:

From the beginning, the tower was an international project. The demolition contractor, William Kaszycki, won the job with a bid of just $775,000, a price he was able to propose because most of his work­ers were illegal Polish aliens working at rates one-half to one-third those of union scale. Kaszycki’s wife recruited the work­ers in Poland, promising housing (they slept in groups of eight in slum apart­ments or motel rooms) as well as $4 to $6 an hour in wages. On Trump’s job 200 of them worked 12-to-18-hour shifts hauling asbestos-covered piping and other materi­al out of the building virtually unprotect­ed, with no days off or overtime. Labor department agents eventually raided two New Jersey motels where Kaszycki had Pol­ish workers holed up, and he was convicted of importing and exploiting Polish aliens.

https://www.villagevoice.com/2019/05/09/donald-trumps-tower-of-trouble/

Almost 30 years ago and nothing has changed. 

From what I can tell, STAFFERS requested the McCain measures, but the Navy denies acting on them (blocking sewage barge always there, no sailors denied admission). Is that current?

I get the whole point that Pres. Snowflake has to be handled. I would just feel better knowing that our Navy isn't wasting resources on the effort.

17 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This is the crux of the problem for Democrats, and Nancy Pelosi knows it. She knows she holds a winning hand if she lets the bet ride, but she doesn't know what will happen if she bets the house (so to speak). 

If they don't impeach him, they are saying what he did is OK.

That position is going to become untenable for Democrats.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, woohorn said:

From what I can tell, STAFFERS requested the McCain measures, but the Navy denies acting on them (blocking sewage barge always there, no sailors denied admission). Is that current?

I get the whole point that Pres. Snowflake has to be handled. I would just feel better knowing that our Navy isn't wasting resources on the effort.

He's too fat to be a snowflake. He's more like a giant snow cone made out of snow from the corner of the block that every dog in the neighborhood has pissed in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

The Democrats need to fire everyone in charge of their messaging, because they are fucking it up royally. The GOP is not operating in good faith and the Dems need to start acting like it and start pointing it out to the rest of the public. Independents will move when they hear a cohesive narrative. Right now the only one they are getting is from right wing media.  

Dems are setting themselves up to get dunked on by McConnell when they finally do impeach Trump, rather than plainly showing the public that there is nothing so low that a McConnell led Senate will remove a GOP president, especially Trump. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, woohorn said:

Anytime this administration gets caught doing something reprehensible, the lies and coverups begin, pretending it never happened.  So, who can say?

Is this tarp covering the name of the ship?:

social

1 minute ago, TexLonghorn said:

Anytime this administration gets caught doing something reprehensible, the lies and coverups begin, pretending it never happened.  So, who can say?

Is this tarp covering the name of the ship?:

social

afaik ships don't have their names painted on them in big letters that some observer might be able to see.  there's a bow number and that's about it.  the ship's store has hats available with the ship's name, and i'm sure there's a plaque in the bridge with the ship's name, but i don't think it's readily visible anywhere.