Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

38 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If you are upset one way or the other, or anxious for something to start, sit back, turn on your TV to that commie PBS at 7pm, and watch the Country Music documentary.  Tonight is covering '73 - '83, with a big emphasis on Austin/Texas/Waylon/Willie/Towns van Zandt/etc. with some Dolly Parton and George Jones thrown in.

Oh, and a good serving of Emmylou Harris and a side of Flying Burrito Brothers tossed in.

And then you can go ask armybrat to ask his kids what the Armadillo World Headquarters was like.

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I get you.  But follow me here: Trump says on Twitter "Pence, you're fired.  My new VP is Ivanka."

Who's gonna save us?  Congress?  SCOTUS?  You, Lt. Weinberg?  The only real test will be when new VP Ivanka shows up on the floor of the Senate to fulfill her duties of office.  Will she be seated?  I dunno, let's check with [checks notes] Moscow Mitch.

It's over.  It's been over for a while.  Maybe some of y'all are starting to get that.

I always throw out a like for a good, You Lt. Weinberg, reference.

Still cracks me up that he was just over there chillin and got called out so aggressively.  He was like, Wo wtf what the hell did I do?

• Like 1

An ex-Republican I know forwarded me a fundraising text he got from the GOP this afternoon.   They had everything lined up to capitalize on this.  Even though Trump will act like a total bitch about it, Team R in general is probably thrilled.  The Senate won’t remove him, and it gives them something to fire up the base for 2020.

It still needed to be done, though.

All of this. Had to be done. Because goddamit, somebody should put up a fight.

This will only make him stronger.

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

How did it even get brought to a vote?

Since that has to go through Mitch....

I just have a feeling.  Mitch knows how to read a room.  He's a cocksucker, but he's also a political animal.  He's gonna cast Trump adrift in some weak-ass attempt at saving his own skin.  It might just work.  

• Like 1

Trump must not have a tanning bed available to him the last few days. He went with some self tanner and it's a little too dark. More brown than his usual orange. And Boris may look like an idiot but he's better spoken than Trump.

Capture.JPG.f7aa6666d1776522074b9980263a5c29.JPG
I'm getting tired of trading " hold my beer"stupidity level competitions with the UK.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

who cares about partisanship or political bias of the whistleblower?  the solicitor or whomever labeled it urgent and important is a trump appointee. 

sounds like the right hand doesn’t know what the far right hand is doing. 

Edited by henrygandorf
oh you know

9 minutes ago, kevwun said:

That's not a verbatim transcript.  It says so in the disclaimer.  Unredacted and unedited my ass.

He's also only talking in partial word salad, and there are some complete sentences there.  No way trump was actually that coherent in the phone call.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

WTF does this even mean?  How can a call be "perfect", and then "got them by surprise" is pure jibberish.

Some have theorized that all of this was a ruse to get the democrats to overreact. Not sure what that would accomplish, exactly, since elections are so far away. If this turns out to be nothing, it will be forgotten about by election time anyway. 

11 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Some have theorized that all of this was a ruse to get the democrats to overreact. Not sure what that would accomplish, exactly, since elections are so far away. If this turns out to be nothing, it will be forgotten about by election time anyway. 

Hell, in today’s Trump world, it’ll be forgotten before next week.