Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Bru's not coming here and never was.  His best friends from high school all play for the blue blood program down the street that he grew up rooting for.  Props to Herman for even being in this position and making Bru think for a split second of going elsewhere.  We had a decent but not great shot if Helton was fired.  Swann retaining him shut the door and hiring Kliff is putting bolts on it.  This was only going to work if he was fired and they hired someone like Fisher or Del Rio.

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Bru's not coming here and never was.  His best friends from high school all play for the blue blood program down the street that he grew up rooting for.  Props to Herman for even being in this position and making Bru think for a split second of going elsewhere.  We had a decent but not great shot if Helton was fired.  Swann retaining him shut the door and hiring Kliff is putting bolts on it.  This was only going to work if he was fired and they hired someone like Fisher or Del Rio.

Avatar checks out. Bc23N9PCQAA-9c_.jpg.9cfa0a36e5654ef2a5ca

EJ update

-Texas hosted offensive line commit Javonne Shepherd for an unofficial visit today. The four-star prospect was able to take in practice ahead of the Big 12 title game and spend some individual time with the staff, including offensive line coach Herb Hand, who has really impressed him with the improvement of the offensive line. Shepherd made the trip with trainer Rischad Whitfield aka Footwork King, who had this to say following their time in Austin: “He’s 100% committed. Coach (Tom) Herman’s main concern was Shep and making sure he’s locked and secure. He’s not going anywhere.”

— Texas safeties coach Craig Naivar had a long talk with four-star defensive back Tyler Owens and his family tonight, and it appears things have changed for the better. Owens now intends to sign with Texas on Dec. 19, and we don’t expect him to visit UCLA. As we reported earlier, Texas will make his official visit to Texas on Dec. 7. Kudos to Naivar for being on top of this and shutting things down. 

— USC fired offensive coordinator Tee Martin today, which should help in the recruitment of five-star Mater Dei (Calif.) athlete Bru McCoy. Martin was part of the group of USC coaches that made an in-home visit with the McCoy family and was his lead recruiter. Despite keeping Clay Helton, there are still plenty of question marks surrounding USC and as I’ve maintained, the McCoy family loves the stability at Texas. McCoy will now make his OV to USC on Dec. 14 as the Trojans continue to work out their staff changes. Again, we are remaining cautiously optimistic about UT and McCoy. 

— Oklahoma is monitoring four-star Texas wide receiver commit Demariyon Houston. An Oklahoma native, Houston has a teammate committed to the Sooners, and an offer would mean a lot to him. Remember, Oklahoma lost four-star wide receiver Arjei Henderson earlier this week and is on the search for another receiver. This is one to monitor.

• Like 1

I been on this site for roughly 2 months now and I’ve quickly learned that the 2019 recruits section is a fucking roller coaster of emotions. I don’t know why I do this to myself week in and week out. 

But fuck it, take my soul Surly and crush it. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

CTJ beat me to it. Kingsbury will almost certainly clean up in LA, but you're not going to hear any stories about him banging Clay Helton's daughter, rolling through co-eds on 2 dollar you call it night at local watering holes, or just generally Joey Freshwatering it up. Bet he ends up at a LOT of Hollywood parties, though. 

So, if he goes to a Thai massage, are you saying that there'll be two Adam's Apples in the room? Even if the masseuse is very slender?

29 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

EJ update

-Texas hosted offensive line commit Javonne Shepherd for an unofficial visit today. The four-star prospect was able to take in practice ahead of the Big 12 title game and spend some individual time with the staff, including offensive line coach Herb Hand, who has really impressed him with the improvement of the offensive line. Shepherd made the trip with trainer Rischad Whitfield aka Footwork King, who had this to say following their time in Austin: “He’s 100% committed. Coach (Tom) Herman’s main concern was Shep and making sure he’s locked and secure. He’s not going anywhere.”

— Texas safeties coach Craig Naivar had a long talk with four-star defensive back Tyler Owens and his family tonight, and it appears things have changed for the better. Owens now intends to sign with Texas on Dec. 19, and we don’t expect him to visit UCLA. As we reported earlier, Texas will make his official visit to Texas on Dec. 7. Kudos to Naivar for being on top of this and shutting things down. 

— USC fired offensive coordinator Tee Martin today, which should help in the recruitment of five-star Mater Dei (Calif.) athlete Bru McCoy. Martin was part of the group of USC coaches that made an in-home visit with the McCoy family and was his lead recruiter. Despite keeping Clay Helton, there are still plenty of question marks surrounding USC and as I’ve maintained, the McCoy family loves the stability at Texas. McCoy will now make his OV to USC on Dec. 14 as the Trojans continue to work out their staff changes. Again, we are remaining cautiously optimistic about UT and McCoy. 

— Oklahoma is monitoring four-star Texas wide receiver commit Demariyon Houston. An Oklahoma native, Houston has a teammate committed to the Sooners, and an offer would mean a lot to him. Remember, Oklahoma lost four-star wide receiver Arjei Henderson earlier this week and is on the search for another receiver. This is one to monitor.

But...but... Asian girls???!!!

8 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

There seems to be an alternative narrative being peddled that Shepherd is not a flake. I’m willing to buy cause why not. 

I think Hookfin and the 2020 fat guys are plenty of Shepherd insurance. Get him to campus, and hope Yancy and program culture go to work. 

2 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

Well I think it’s official bru is lost. If a kid wants to go play for James Franklin of the west, let’em. 

He still wants to go there after all the coaching staff is fired. I say lets get Kennedy Lewis and move on. 

Helton is more like the Butch Jones of west, no racist.

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

If Kingsbury has many nfl and colleges interested in hiring him, as reported, it seems unlikely he'd take a position on USC's sinking ship with a head coach who everyone wants to fire and at least 3 new assistants on staff.

We just went through this with Charlie Strong. Wouldn’t be surprised if Lynn Swann has to hop on a plane to seal the deal with whomever they hire. 

Edited by destroya

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

If Kingsbury has many nfl and colleges interested in hiring him, as reported, it seems unlikely he'd take a position on USC's sinking ship with a head coach who everyone wants to fire and at least 3 new assistants on staff.

Maybe, but I could see him taking it. Look, the guy just got fired and paid a decent buyout. He doesn’t seem like the type who is going to stray too far from Texas for too long, so this is a chance to live the good life in LA for a year with the expectation that it’s just for a year.

Probably a good paycheck without terribly high expectations on his part. 

I don't get why people are just conceding Bru to USC. They're a dumpster fire. Why would he go to a program that has no OC, a coach that's going to be fired, and no DC? Not to mention the Floyd's are in his ear, which to me is the most important thing. This reminds me of the bitchassness of Malik and Brandon Jones. Everyone was saying they're going to aggy, only for them to pick us. Have some faith, man. 

Bru may choose usc, but if we've learned anything it's not to doubt Herman's ability to land elite kids. Year 2 and we're playing for a conference championship. That's fucking awesome, and kids are taking notice of that. Half of our class is oos commits, so why the gaping vaginas about Bru? Trust Herman. He's already able to sell stability, the chance to play for conference championships, NY6 bowls, CFP next year, and beyond. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I don't get why people are just conceding Bru to USC. They're a dumpster fire. Why would he go to a program that has no OC, a coach that's going to be fired, and no DC? Not to mention the Floyd's are in his ear, which to me is the most important thing. This reminds me of the bitchassness of Malik and Brandon Jones. Everyone was saying they're going to aggy, only for them to pick us. Have some faith, man. 

Bru may choose usc, but if we've learned anything it's not to doubt Herman's ability to land elite kids. Year 2 and we're playing for a conference championship. That's fucking awesome, and kids are taking notice of that. Half of our class is oos commits, so why the gaping vaginas about Bru? Trust Herman. He's already able to sell stability, the chance to play for conference championships, NY6 bowls, CFP next year, and beyond. 

The satyanash effect.

26 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Having a little common sense here is different than needing to flush with a douche.  The fact that he's still even considering USC, given that they fucking suck ass and their coach is now on a perpetual death watch, is pretty telling.

It just tells that he really wants any reason to go to USC. They haven't given him a reason yet and they might not. Maybe they will. If we were going to get him, it was always going to be by a razor thin margin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

It just tells that he really wants any reason to go to USC. They haven't given him a reason yet and they might not. Maybe they will. If we were going to get him, it was always going to be by a razor thin margin. 

Este. Other schools won lifelong UT fans when we were ass doing this - now it's our turn to be that sensible voice in SoCal kids' heads all the way until signing day.

Edited by texifornia