2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep, don't know if he ever played but Stoops put out a statement to the media defending the decision to let him enroll and join the team.

(referring to Chaisson)

He would have played. Ā He just turned out not to be that good. Ā So he was let go. Ā He was a national 100 recruit and that year OU very desperately needed front 4 guys. Ā 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Yes. He enrolled and was on the roster. I couldnā€™t remember his name or I would have added that one. Thereā€™s legitimately like 30 that donā€™t need embellishing. Oklahoma is a pathetic shithole of an institution that puts football ahead of everything besides cheating and moral turpitude.Ā 

My favorite, which just involve do good old OU lying their asses off and the NCAA accepting it was Jalen Saunders. Ā  FresnoĀ State has a coaching change. Ā Tim Deruyter was hired and changing the offense. Ā Saunders was interviewed by espn and said he was going to transfer because he didnā€™t like the offense. Ā I mean you can still see this interview on espn where he says why heā€™s going to transfer Ā 

He transferred to OU. They applied for a waiver of the one year sit out rule. Ā Because of his allergies. Ā Apparently Norman is a lot more hypoallergenic than Fresno. Ā NCAA bought it. Ā The bullshit Ou gets away with. Ā Ā 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Richter said:

Iā€™m kinda thinking Bru is doing something similar to when Ricky disappeared from the Dolphins to ā€œfind himselfā€ inĀ India. Ā Maybe itā€™s a Californian thing. Ā He must be a very mature young man to do that at this age.

Went all Kerouac on everyone's ass

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Yes. He enrolled and was on the roster. I couldnā€™t remember his name or I would have added that one. Thereā€™s legitimately like 30 that donā€™t need embellishing. Oklahoma is a pathetic shithole of an institution that puts football ahead of everything besides cheating and moral turpitude.Ā 

Josh Jarboe was arrested with a loaded stolen gun at his high school.Ā  Guess who thought that was NBD...

11 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

Ā Not thatĀ I expect itĀ or anything but what if the kid transferred back to Texas? Ā Personally that would be the weirdest recruitment Iā€™ve seen in the 10-15Ā years Iā€™ve followed recruiting. Ā Anybody know of a story weirder than that hypothetical scenario?Ā 

I would be for this only if he counts on our 2020 rankings, just to watch the Aggy heads explode.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

And who knows what kind of mental issue heā€™s dealing with. Major anxiety issues it sounds like. That and he realized he royally screwed up this football thing.

I get that.Ā  It's a big decision.Ā  Problem is, he's compounding this by acting like he's such a dainty little bitch.Ā  No one player is above the process.Ā  Chose your school.Ā  Embrace your team and your coaches and get out there and bust your ass.Ā 

5* or not, players flaming out in college happen all the time.Ā  His success is far from guaranteed - and I get the feeling he's looking for "the perfect fit" to showcase all these amazing talents he supposedly has.Ā  At this point he needs to put his head down and get to work.Ā  Hard work.Ā  Quit looking for someone to kiss your ass and take some accountability.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Brandywine said:

And who knows what kind of mental issue heā€™s dealing with. Major anxiety issues it sounds like. That and he realized he royally screwed up this football thing.

He sounds bipolar to me;Ā  anxiety disorder is just one of the chemical land mines of manic depression.Ā  Wild mood swings, indecision followed by erratic actions.Ā  He needs to be on Seroquel and latuda.Ā  Or he's just a big pussy, which means there's nothing wrong with him that a little Prozac and a polo mallet won't cure.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cafe society said:

He sounds bipolar to me;Ā  anxiety disorder is just one of the chemical land mines of manic depression.Ā  Wild mood swings, indecision followed by erratic actions.Ā  He needs to be on Seroquel and latuda.Ā  Or he's just a big pussy, which means there's nothing wrong with him that a little Prozac and a polo mallet won't cure.

He sounds like an entitled pussy to me. He was coddled and now he's among peers that can play and nothing's being handed to him and he's shitting himself. You guys diagnosing mental issues beyond that are reaching.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nope said:

He knows heā€™s not playing this year, and Helton isĀ a dead man walking. WhyĀ show up to practice for a coach whoā€™s never gonna actually get a chance to put you into a game?

I mean, lots of reasons. But they all involve work ethic and motivation and self-respect.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

I mean, lots of reasons. But they all involve work ethic and motivation and self-respect.

Heā€™s clearly never going to be a team guy. I agree with those who said Texas dodged a bullet in a big way.

We had a kid a couple years ago, Mique Juarez, who was the top LB in the country.Ā  But he had head case issues from day 1- anxiety, vaginitis, you name it.Ā  Saw the field a little after sitting out a year to get his head straight.Ā  Then got his bell rung a few times and UCLA's medical staff refused to clear him (UCLA is notoriously cautious in this area).Ā  Transferred to Utah, so we'll see.Ā  But Bru seems to be cut from a similar cloth.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

We had a kid a couple years ago, Mique Juarez, who was the top LB in the country.Ā  But he had head case issues from day 1- anxiety, vaginitis, you name it.Ā  Saw the field a little after sitting out a year to get his head straight.Ā  Then got his bell rung a few times and UCLA's medical staff refused to clear him (UCLA is notoriously cautious in this area).Ā  Transferred to Utah, so we'll see.Ā  But Bru seems to be cut from a similar cloth.

howā€™d he do as a Ute?

Having "mental health issues" is not a whitewash excuse to conduct yourself however you please. Unless you are a batshit crazy schizophrenic or are diagnosed with a legitimateĀ disability.Ā 

I think it's perfectly acceptable to question the kid's decision making regardless of any homesickness/anxiety/depression etc. He isn't the only football player in the country that struggles with mental health issues (assuming he even does in the first place).Ā 

40 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Why, exactly?Ā 

Just an opinion. If it is something more severe on the mental health side, that supersedes football. Ā Itā€™s speculation both ways, so maybe ā€œbenefit of the doubtā€ before ā€œcoddled, entitled pussyā€? Just spitballing here. To each their own, et al.Ā 

• Like 1

I would assume that there would at least be a comment about a "medical issue" keeping him from practice, rather than USC coaches/officials saying nothing. I lean more toward entitlement, etc than mental illness at this point but I'll also acknowledge that I'm not connected in any way to either Texas or USC so I wouldn't know.Ā 

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is one of the more bizarre cyberbawling episodes Iā€™ve seen in a while. I didnā€™t send the guy hate mail. I didnā€™t angry twitterbomb him. I didnā€™t light a bag of poo on fire on his doorstep. I opinedĀ that he looks like an entitled pussy. He was born rich and he was coddled. His dad has admitted as much but the mom is ... well ... the mom.Ā 

The premise that thereā€™s any real sign here of a mental issue is fucking silliness. He was viewed as entitled and pompous by teammates at Texas. He wasnā€™t shy, holed up in his room all semester, having paranoid seizures about all of the monsters in his head.Ā He missed mom and his girlfriend, soĀ mommy told him to come home. He was mad that Tom Herman wasnā€™t buddies with him and complained in a pleading manner to other teammates. He actually impacted Whittington for a bit with that bullshit. LMFAO withĀ you guysĀ white knighting for this clown.

I understand mental illness is a real thing in this world, but you fucking guys donā€™t even know that heā€™s skipping practice. He might have a bad case of turf burn and heā€™s sitting out. Heā€™s a thunder douche quitter until proven otherwise at this point.Ā 

Also, heā€™s not a ā€œkidā€. Heā€™s an adult who has contemporaries dying for their country right now. I was raising a kid at his age. Many others do as well. Others are working in plants or laying concrete or digging ditches. Heā€™s not a fucking ā€œkidā€ and that bullshit is part of his problem.Ā You sound like a bunch of snowflake enablers.

Bru McCoy doesnā€™t even need to show up to get it all handed to himĀ by the likes of people bemoaning his sweet needsĀ on this thread. Well, the rest of us do, so fuckĀ him and fuck you too.Ā 

Youā€™re nothing if not hyper reactive and utterly predictable. Have a Snickers.Ā 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Youā€™re nothing if not hyper reactive and utterly predictable. Have a Snickers.Ā 

Iā€™m responding to the ā€œhyperreactorsā€, like you,Ā honking about mental health with this guy before they even know what in the fuck the claim is regarding why heā€™s missing practice. Iā€™m calm as a bomb and have repeatedly mocked the overreacting on this very subforum.Ā 

As to being predictable? Itā€™s nice to hear someone tell me that.Ā 

Anyway, Dr. BigBenBamboozle,Ā let us know when youā€™ve been able to give sweet Bru a full work-up and diagnosis. Weā€™ll all keep firing our thoughts and prayers his way. I might organize a candlelight vigil for him tomorrow evening on the West Mall if heā€™s not practicing again by then.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Iā€™m responding to the ā€œhyperreactorsā€, like you,Ā honking about mental health with this guy before they even know what in the fuck the claim is regarding why heā€™s missing practice. Iā€™m calm as a bomb and have repeatedly mocked the overreacting on this very subforum.Ā 

As to being predictable? Itā€™s nice to hear someone tell me that.Ā 

Anyway, Dr. BigBenBamboozle,Ā let us know when youā€™ve been able to give sweet Bru a full work-up and diagnosis. Weā€™ll all keep firing our thoughts and prayers his way. I might organize a candlelight vigil for him tomorrow evening on the West Mall if heā€™s not practicing again by then.Ā 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1