2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Real tough pose for someone who got homesick and bailed after one spring, bud

I'm quickly moving from the "who cares" camp to having a real dislike for him.  Make whatever decision makes sense for you, but at this point both he and USC should just sthu and keep their collective heads down.  

• Like 3

Couldn't crack the UT depth chart so he went home to save face.
Either that or Austin doesn't quite have the extensive collection of prospective starlets/models that are drawn to Socal from all over the country and world..

1 hour ago, Stampeder said:

I'm quickly moving from the "who cares" camp to having a real dislike for him.  Make whatever decision makes sense for you, but at this point both he and USC should just sthu and keep their collective heads down.  

Solidly in this camp as well.

4 hours ago, ousux said:
4 hours ago, Scholz said:
Couldn't crack the UT depth chart so he went home to save face.

Either that or Austin doesn't quite have the extensive collection of prospective starlets/models that are drawn to Socal from all over the country and world..

The hell you say

I still call bullshit on three 5 star players suddenly all returning to USC. It has to be more than ex high school teammates wanting to play together. USC has proven themselves a cheat in numerous sports at numerous times. They are on the hot seat already in basketball so it would not surprise me to discover it rolls over to other sports. The NCAA would never do more than wrist slap them anyways. This whole situation stinks of dirty money. (Putting my tin foil hat back on and going back to my corner now).

• Like 1

Bru will make some plays and have some nice moments. USC will win some big conference games and thump some OOC slugs. I feel confident in saying the Bru won't be an elite WR and USC won't make the playoffs while he is on the roster. 

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

Bru will make some plays and have some nice moments. USC will win some big conference games and thump some OOC slugs. I feel confident in saying the Bru won't be an elite WR and USC won't make the playoffs while he is on the roster. 

Agreed.  Given his recruiting ranking I was expecting a Julio Jones type player.  Physically, he's not on that level.

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

Bru was pushing for starting reps here after one spring on campus at two different positions. Don't be a dumbass in saying he won't be elite, all signs say that he will. There are plenty of elite college receivers that don't have the mental makeup to be great in the NFL. No playoffs is a fair statement. 

25 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Bru was pushing for starting reps here after one spring on campus at two different positions. Don't be a dumbass in saying he won't be elite, all signs say that he will. There are plenty of elite college receivers that don't have the mental makeup to be great in the NFL. No playoffs is a fair statement. 

No one ever reported that. He was solidly a backup at both spots and was probably third on the depth chart for both.  That’s not to say he won’t be good but you’re just making shit up with that statement.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 2

Helton is going to be fired after this year. McCoy is going to redshirt. Urban or whoever they hire may very well get them to the playoffs in the subsequent two years. It's not entirely far fetched.

This whole thing has been one of the oddest recruiting sagas I can remember and he obviously has a lot of growing up to do. Whatever. This program isn't for everybody.

25 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Helton is going to be fired after this year. McCoy is going to redshirt. Urban or whoever they hire may very well get them to the playoffs in the subsequent two years. It's not entirely far fetched.

This whole thing has been one of the oddest recruiting sagas I can remember and he obviously has a lot of growing up to do. Whatever. This program isn't for everybody.

I'm hoping that USC wins just enough for Helton to stick around at least a couple more seasons after 2019.  Make Urby stay at FOX...

• 2 weeks later...