2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

On 6/1/2019 at 12:11 PM, futureman said:

this is a very arrogant and misinformed.  bru leaving is a devastating blow to our offensive game plan in 2019 and a searing indictment of not only herman’s ability to relate to his players but also his ability to retain them.  the transfer portal is going to hurt us a great deal in the coming years as long as herman is the captain of this sinking ship. 

Couldnt disagree more.  Based on what I saw in the spring game, if he played at all as a receiver during the 2019 season, it would have served only to satisfy his ego.  The Horns bring back three very good senior receivers; then there's Eagles, Moore, Pouncey; Epps, Woodard and that's even before you get to Whittington, Washington, and Jake Smith.  Pouncey looked better than Bru did during the spring game. 

During the spring game, I didnt see Bru throw a single block, he didnt create any separation with the DBs even though he went on quite a few mid to deep routes. He got a lot of reps; played both on the orange and white team and at both left and right wide-outs as well as slot positions. He caught three passes and none were particularly noteworthy. At the end of the first half, he got one step behind Boyce (?) but the throw by Thompson was a little high and out front.  If Bru hadnt stutter stepped for 5 yds, he might have been able to make a play on the timing pass. 

Bru looked like a linebacker wanting to play a 7 on 7 game, IMO

Edited by Soldierhorn
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

Couldnt disagree more.  Based on what I saw in the spring game, if he played at all as a receiver during the 2019 season, it would have served only to satisfy his ego.  The Horns bring back three very good senior receivers; then there's Eagles, Moore, Pouncey; Epps, Woodard and that's even before you get to Whittington, Washington, and Jake Smith.  Pouncey looked better than Bru did during the spring game. 

During the spring game, I didnt see Bru throw a single block, he didnt create any separation with the DBs even though he went on quite a few mid to deep routes. He got a lot of reps; played both on the orange and white team and at both left and right wide-outs as well as slot positions. He caught three passes and none were particularly noteworthy. At the end of the first half, he got one step behind Boyce (?) but the throw by Thompson was a little high and out front.  If Bru hadnt stutter stepped for 5 yds, he might have been able to make a play on the timing pass. 

Bru looked like a linebacker wanting to play a 7 on 7 game, IMO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

So the two best players in this class, will likely never see the field as a Longhorn....noice. 

Never go full Satya.

17 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Is it more embarrassing to be Futureman'd or Hank Scorpio'd?

Futureman'd def. Mainly because it exposes you as NOT having him on ignore, which exposes your stupidity.

Edited by irishtexan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Again, as mentioned, why is this thread continually get bumped. (Yes I'm doing it now)

The WR room is really full with some athletes. That is likely part of the reason for bru leaving but also homesick is the other.

Let it go. Hopefully he gets his 1000 yards a season in the pac12.

I mean let’s be honest, best of luck to the kid and all (and we wish him well and all) but don’t we all want to be able to later say:

Bru chose...poorly

6a188d844c13f25743d2126e787476bd.jpg
He most certainly did..

Comdom is headed in the same direction we were in 2014. It may not reflect as poorly in the w/l column, and may not last as long, but same direction nonetheless.