Vince arrested DWI

ToY

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Two DWI’s in less than three years. Get help, Vince. 

"Most recently Young was in the news for a 2016 DUI in Austin, Texas, where police reported he was driving dangerously. In video of the incident, he was seen getting impatient and belligerent with officers.  After pleading no contest, Young was sentenced to 18 months’ probation."

Not sure Vince gets to keep his job at Texas now??  The University kept him after the 2016 DUI though....... (2016 article below)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14654822/vince-young-remain-employed-university-texas-dwi-arrest

Edited by LTtxfan

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

One of the great things about American's is that we are a forgiving people.  He can bounce back from this, but he's got to admit he has a problem, and then head off to a stint in rehab.  

Sometimes we are, frequently we are not.  We are forgiving of people we have decided we like in advance (Ann Richards, Shrub, Vince) and quite unforgiving of people we know not at all.

• Like 3

Also for the people who always say, "why didn't he call an Uber or someone else" when these things happen. Since when do drunk people make smart and rational decisions. Drunk people always claim they are good and can drive. No matter how drunk. You have to force the keys from them or hide them. Unless he Ubere'd out there and had it planned in advance he was going to drive home, then he was going to be driving home no matter how much he had to drink. If drunk people made smart decisions, DUI's and drunk driving accidents would be non-existent.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Also for the people who always say, "why didn't he call an Uber or someone else" when these things happen. Since when do drunk people make smart and rational decisions. Drunk people always claim they are good and can drive. No matter how drunk. You have to force the keys from them or hide them. Unless he Ubere'd out there and had it planned in advance he was going to drive home, then he was going to be driving home no matter how much he had to drink. If drunk people made smart decisions, DUI's and drunk driving accidents would be non-existent.

nope, it's the posse's responsibility to take the keys and call the cavalry.  fortunately, today, the cavalry is a couple of clicks on an app away.

YOU NEVER LEAVE A MAN BEHIND.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

nope, it's the posse's responsibility to take the keys and call the cavalry.  fortunately, today, the cavalry is a couple of clicks on an app away.

YOU NEVER LEAVE A MAN BEHIND.

Was he out with his posse on this night, though? If he was, then yes, they should have intervened and made sure him and everyone else got home safely. But if he went there by himself, then it's all on him. Either way, it's still his fault so not going to defer blame to his friends even if they were there. He's a grown man.

Vince has been a heavy drinker since college.  This is not news.  I'm not excusing it -- I'm saying he drinks at a level that to an outside observer could reasonably be called a problem.  It doesn't make him any less of a legend on the football field (although it might have played into some of his issues in the pros, I don't know).

Great lawyers and engineers and doctors and teachers who happen to be alcoholics often fuck up their lives.  Maybe Vince is in that club, too.

Just now, Eggo said:

Posses usually exist because one guy pays for all the drinks. Does Vince even have the means to pick up the tab anymore? And if not, does he really have friends who could have gotten him home? 

I mean he did play pro ball for awhile. And he has a cushy TV job with the LHN. I'm sure he isn't hurting for money and can pick up bar tabs of that amount.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

I really haven't. Well not that closely to his financials. Does he have money problems now? 

I don't know if he has money problems now but he basically makes a decent salary off UT and LHN.  I don't think he has much in the bank, based on past information.

• Like 1