2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Sounds right.  Can't use Snell first since he figures to only go 2 or 3 innings and they can't burn up the bullpen on Friday with another game Sat.

Looking at their stats and they're #2 in the majors in team ERA, but 18th in runs per game.  Only two guys hit over .280 and only one hit over 30 homers.  And they just burned up CFM, and Snell's far from 100%.  We should really sweep these guys.

Edited by TexArcher

Oh y'all are the same douchebags that think someone in nebraska talking about a no hitter going on in Houston actually makes the no hitter end.

Suck a dick!

Btw the loses in Cincy and the 2 in NY were the first time I have ever seen the astros lose on the road. I will shit in your trucker cap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Telegraph_it said:

I had a budget meeting scheduled for 10 am tomorrow that I know will go long. I had it moved to 7:30 am. 

I'm not going to be able to make the meeting.  Tailgating.  Reasons.

44 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

And 3Putt...
Didn’t he goes to the opening series?
The one where, when we left we were 1-3?

We did win the first game though.  Take the first two at MMP, win the first in the Trop and call it done and dusted.

Ideal state to me is...

Win Rays in 4 that way Urquidy gets postseason experience early

Win ALCS in 7 while NLCS ends in a sweep

Win World Series in sweep with the rookie getting the final dub.

Since the national league starts a day early they get an extra day off than the AL by default so if they can sweep the NLCS that would be 6 days off so rust can accumulate while the Astros would be on normal rest and leading off with JV on the hill.

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Astros hitters had a .322 xwOBA against Rays pitching in 2019 while Rays hitters had a .254 xwOBA against Astros pitching.  That's a total ass kicking and yet the Astros went 2-8 against the Rays.  

Astros were 3-4 against the Rays in 2019.  The 2-8 number is over a 2 year period in Tampa alone.  This year that road series was the opening series.  Astros didn't score much and went 1-3.  In the August home series, the Astros went 2-1 while scoring 15, 8, and 8 runs.  Cole and Greinke had rough starts.  We won Cole's start 8-6 and lost Greinke's 9-8.

I don't really care much about last year's performance or the opening series' performance.  If anything, that late August poor pitching performance at home would have me more concerned.  Still, I'm not all that concerned with that either.  Outside of Greinke and a handful of other players, the Astros are pretty well playoff tested.  Astros should win this series 3-0 or 3-1 unless they just shit the bed.  Shitting the bed is always possible so I'm not counting chickens yet anyway.

4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Astros were 3-4 against the Rays in 2019.  The 2-8 number is over a 2 year period in Tampa alone.  This year that road series was the opening series.  Astros didn't score much and went 1-3.  In the August home series, the Astros went 2-1 while scoring 15, 8, and 8 runs.  Cole and Greinke had rough starts.  We won Cole's start 8-6 and lost Greinke's 9-8.

I don't really care much about last year's performance or the opening series' performance.  If anything, that late August poor pitching performance at home would have me more concerned.  Still, I'm not all that concerned with that either.  Outside of Greinke and a handful of other players, the Astros are pretty well playoff tested.  Astros should win this series 3-0 or 3-1 unless they just shit the bed.  Shitting the bed is always possible so I'm not counting chickens yet anyway.

2-6.

Hinch’s name already being floated for the Mets job. From a Mets blog

The Astros manager is Brodie Van Wagenen's close friend, and industry speculation has swirled for months that the Mets might try to trade for him. This one is likely to remain an interesting rumor, though. Folks familiar with the situation say that while Hinch might be ready for a new challenge, a manager trade would simply be too complicated, and too much of a longshot.