The Supremes

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't believe the DMN printed that handbill, which had been circulating in Dallas for days.

jimmyjazz: This is a friendly reply. Thanks for your post. I thought I recalled reading (many years ago) in a JFK assassination book that the Dallas Morning News printed the "Wanted for Treason" ad. I no longer have the book, so I decided to check my memory and look it up. 

It seems the variety of historical sources I checked are not in agreement on the flyers/ads. Some say the Dallas Morning News ran the "Wanted for Treason" (which apparently also was a flyer); see the attached Getty image. Other sources say the Dallas Morning News ran the "Welcome Mr. Kennedy" ad, which was also a flyer. Apparently, even the CIA noted that a newspaper ran an anti-Kennedy ad an they were investigating it in the wake of the assassination.

So, like everything else to do with the JFK assassination, there are conflicting sources. Kinda like the internet!

Note the reference to Anti-Christians in Point 6. 

GettyImages.jpg

Edited by BevoAbyss

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I do have a problem with people who started on third base and claim they hit a grand slam in life. Crow is most definitely one of those people

Nah. Harlan Crow started out in the owner's box of the stadium he owns for the team he owns in the league he owns, thinking everything he owns is a grand slam. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 4

20 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

jimmyjazz: This is a friendly reply. Thanks for your post. I thought I recalled reading (many years ago) in a JFK assassination book that the Dallas Morning News printed the "Wanted for Treason" ad. I no longer have the book, so I decided to check my memory and look it up. 

It seems the variety of historical sources I checked are not in agreement on the flyers/ads. Some say the Dallas Morning News ran the "Wanted for Treason" (which apparently also was a flyer); see the attached Getty image. Other sources say the Dallas Morning News ran the "Welcome Mr. Kennedy" ad, which was also a flyer. Apparently, even the CIA noted that a newspaper ran an anti-Kennedy ad an they were investigating it in the wake of the assassination.

So, like everything else to do with the JFK assassination, there are conflicting sources. Kinda like the internet!

Note the reference to Anti-Christians in Point 6. 

GettyImages.jpg

These people would be so disappointed to learn that their ideological grandchildren have embraced a theory that JFK will return to lead America back to a time of a conservative, Christian, and white rule.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Why shouldn't Hitler's teapot be disposed of and forgotten?  It's a fucking teapot.  It's not a fine piece of china or anything; it's just a run-of-the-mill teapot.  There were many exactly like it that were manufactured.  And many of those have been disposed of and forgotten.

The only thing that is notable about the teapot is the identity of its owner.

But does the teapot help us remember its owner?  Was he some famous tea aficionado?  Did that teapot have some unique link to some world changing event?  

The answer to all these questions is "no."  The only reason to own the teapot is to own something that Der Fuehrer owned.  And that type of relic-hoarding is generally something we do only with saints and heroes.  

I'm not saying owning Hitler's teapot makes Harlan Crow a Nazi.  Harlan Crow's dozens of years as a supporter of racist policies in Dallas city politics tells you that.  The teapot is just another piece of evidence in a pretty damning case for the prosecution.

He should melt it down, just like all the gold that Hitler melted from the teeth and other valuables of the millions of Jews and other undesirables he had slaughtered.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/10/2023 at 4:22 PM, Ghost of LL said:

Why shouldn't Hitler's teapot be disposed of and forgotten?  It's a fucking teapot.  It's not a fine piece of china or anything; it's just a run-of-the-mill teapot.  There were many exactly like it that were manufactured.  And many of those have been disposed of and forgotten.

But does the teapot help us remember its owner?  Was he some famous tea aficionado?  Did that teapot have some unique link to some world changing event?  

The answer to all these questions is "no."  The only reason to own the teapot is to own something that Der Fuehrer owned.  And that type of relic-hoarding is generally something we do only with saints and heroes.  

I'm not saying owning Hitler's teapot makes Harlan Crow a Nazi.  Harlan Crow's dozens of years as a supporter of racist policies in Dallas city politics tells you that.  The teapot is just another piece of evidence in a pretty damning case for the prosecution.

• Hook 'Em 2

but back to the subject at hand - we gotta get roll back Citizen's United. it might be the single most significant piece of legislation that lead us to where we are today. and fucking impeach Thomas. i don't care if it goes anywhere. it needs to be done just like it did twice for dotard. either he is massively corrupt and/or colossally stupid - neither of which should be allowed on scotus

I take issue with this characterization.

Well said.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just a family friend, like most close acquaintances, right?  Is Justice Thomas too stupid to understand how bribes operate? :

https://www.artnews.com/art-news/news/justice-clarence-thomas-undisclosed-gifts-art-harlan-crow-1234663605/

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas Secretly Accepted Gifts of Art from Billionaire Harlan Crow

BY SHANTI ESCALANTE-DE MATTEI

April 10, 2023 11:35am
statueJustice Clarence Thomas and the statue of his eighth-grade teacher.VIA CATHOLIC CEMETERIES OF THE ARCHDIOCESE OF NEWARK

In a damning investigation by ProPublica, journalists uncovered a string of undisclosed gifts that flowed from Republican mega donor and real estate mogul Harlan Crow to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. For decades, Crow has been treating Thomas to luxury vacations, trips on his private jet and his super yacht, and has hosted him at his invite-only resort in the Appalachian mountains. But, notably, Crow also gave Thomas the gift of art. 

Crow gave Thomas a portrait of the Justice and his wife, Virginia “Ginni” Thomas, painted by Montreal-based illustrator Sharif Tarabay. The artist also painted Crow and Thomas in conversation with other men, with a large statue of a Native American in the background, though it isn’t clear if it was another commissioned gift by Crow. The works are done in a hyper-realistic fashion, with all of the glare and sharp texture of a photograph taken with a phone.

Included in Crow’s gifts was a $105,000 donation to the Yale Law School, Thomas’s alma mater, which was listed as “Justice Thomas Portrait Fund,” in tax filings accessed by ProPublica.

In a highly personal gesture, Crow commissioned a seven-foot bronze tall statue of Sister Mary Virgilius Reidy, a Catholic nun who was Thomas’s teacher when he was in eight-grade. The statue was unveiled in a Catholic cemetery in the suburbs of New York City. Mounted on a granite base, Sister Mary Virgilius Reidy stands over two young black children, staring deeply into the eyes of the boy. 

One gift that Thomas did disclose was also of a religious nature, a $19,000 bible that belonged to Frederick Douglass. 

In a statement by Thomas, he admits to having enjoyed the hospitality of his close friend and claims he followed ethics rules related to disclosure. However, he did not address the gifts of art or the commissioned and donated statue of Sister Mary Virgilius Reidy.

Batshit crazy painting below: 
image.thumb.png.f5d5e490dbcd520713e216cf4f09ac2c.png
Edited by Mdhorn

Thomas just took and took and thought nothing about it.  Did he think to ask if he didn't have the position of Justice or a high government position, would he still know Crow?  What gifts did his family give Crow in return?  It's enraging that a justice won't call it for what it is, but prefers to act like all this is just regular, normal friendly relations.  Dudes a whore and this art is the definition of kitsch.   

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

He's a bad man.  He doesn't stand for the very things he swore an oath to defend.  He doesn't stand for justice, he doesn't stand for "doing the right thing", he's just another greedy political animal who is only looking out for himself.  Not all SCOTUS justices are this craven, not by a long shot.

Anita Hill gave us all kinds of clues.  "We" didn't listen.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

They keep trying to sell this as a normal type of friendship, where Crow likes Clarence and Ginni so much he just keeps giving them stuff asking nothing in return.  Do you really think those two are the life of any dinner party worth going to?  

I know if I had a friend who gifted me something, then somehow I'm going to figure out a way to gift back.  It's how friendships work, a display of mutual respect.   

So with Thomas accepting all these gifts, then either he repays them somehow, or he's the scummiest friend out there and has no shame in repeatedly accepting such largesse without returning any.    The idea Crow kept doling out the gifts getting nothing in return just doesn't add up.     

MD beat me to it.  

Edited by pyrohornIII
acknowledgement
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Thomas just took and took and thought nothing about it.  Did he think to ask if he didn't have the position of Justice or a high government position, would he still know Crow?  What gifts did his family give Crow in return?  It's enraging that a justice won't call it for what it is, but prefers to act like all this is just regular, normal friendly relations.  Dudes a whore and this art is the definition of kitsch.   

Well you see the supremes dont need ethical guidelines like the rest of us. They are beyond influence, but don’t protest outside their homes.
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

They keep trying to sell this as a normal type of friendship, where Crow likes Clarence and Ginni so much he just keeps giving them stuff asking nothing in return.  Do you really think those two are the life of any dinner party worth going to?  

I know if I had a friend who gifted me something, then somehow I'm going to figure out a way to gift back.  It's how friendships work, a display of mutual respect.   

So with Thomas accepting all these gifts, then either he repays them somehow, or he's the scummiest friend out there and has no shame in repeatedly accepting such largesse without returning any.    The idea Crow kept doling out the gifts getting nothing in return just doesn't add up.      

These gifts are so far above the dollar threshold of trying to get laid.  

Think of it this way, Clarence, you're trying to screw Anita Hill. Would you offer her a $105,000.00 donation in her name to the Yale law school?  How about a bronze sculpture of her teacher?  Too high?  You're thinking a can of soda?  Then what favor would you expect in return for this kind of a repeated monetary threshold?  Because that kind of jack is a lot more than grab em by the pussy harassment.   Somebody's looking to fuck here, Clarence, and if it's too much, it must be ownership money.  Any idea who, especially since you're not the one giving it?    

So, Thomas' mother lived (still continues to, or at least did through 2020) in a property that Crow was the landlord on?

Also, this:

Thomas’ financial disclosure for that year is detailed, listing everything from a “stained glass medallion” he received from Yale to a life insurance policy. But he failed to report his sale to Crow.

Crow purchased the properties through a recently formed Texas company called Savannah Historic Developments LLC. The company shares an address in Dallas with Crow Holdings, the centerpiece of his real estate empire. Its formation documents were signed by Crow Holdings’ general counsel. Business records filed with the Texas secretary of state say Savannah Historic Developments is managed by a Delaware LLC, HRC Family Branch GP, an umbrella company that also covers other Crow assets like his private jet. The Delaware company’s CEO is Harlan Crow.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

So, Thomas' mother lived (still continues to, or at least did through 2020) in a property that Crow was the landlord on?

Also, this:

Thomas’ financial disclosure for that year is detailed, listing everything from a “stained glass medallion” he received from Yale to a life insurance policy. But he failed to report his sale to Crow.

Crow purchased the properties through a recently formed Texas company called Savannah Historic Developments LLC. The company shares an address in Dallas with Crow Holdings, the centerpiece of his real estate empire. Its formation documents were signed by Crow Holdings’ general counsel. Business records filed with the Texas secretary of state say Savannah Historic Developments is managed by a Delaware LLC, HRC Family Branch GP, an umbrella company that also covers other Crow assets like his private jet. The Delaware company’s CEO is Harlan Crow.

And THAT may be where Thomas got a bit too cocky. If he got overpaid for the land, that’s a risk. If Crow didn’t charge real rent, that’s a risk.

But…even if shameless and blatant, ain’t nothing gonna happen.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And THAT may be where Thomas got a bit too cocky. If he got overpaid for the land, that’s a risk. If Crow didn’t charge real rent, that’s a risk.

Certainly have to--Clarence has no credibility.  Now, it's up the other Justices to show that they still have credibility.  

Party of law and order, corrupts law and order.

Edited by Mdhorn

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

im sure everything was on the up and up !

Unclear if he paid market value?

"The Crow company bought the properties for $133,363 from three co-owners — Thomas, his mother and the family of Thomas’ late brother, according to a state tax document and a deed dated Oct. 15, 2014, filed at the Chatham County courthouse."

That doesn't seem unreasonable. Still should have been disclosed.

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Obligatory:

Aint Nothing Gonna Happen Nothing Happen GIF - Aint Nothing Gonna Happen  Nothing Happen Kenan Thompson - Discover & Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

That doesn't seem unreasonable. 

Based on what? Are you familiar with real estate in that part of the country? Serious question. The article implies it was not FMV:

It’s unclear if Crow paid fair market value for the Thomas properties. Crow also bought several other properties on the street and paid significantly less than his deal with the Thomases. One example: In 2013, he bought a pair of properties on the same block — a vacant lot and a small house — for a total of $40,000.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

im sure everything was on the up and up !

Just a close dear friend, in between providing private jet service and 50k vacations, buying property from another dear friend for at least twice FMV.   My dear friends apparently suck ass.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Some might ask why a billionaire real estate mogul might want scrap property worth roughly their low-risk investment gains PER DAY.  I'm pretty sure Crow is way past the "buying up low income rental property" stage of his career.

This is so fucking obvious.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 4/11/2023 at 9:36 PM, pyrohornIII said:
14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Some might ask why a billionaire real estate mogul might want scrap property worth roughly their low-risk investment gains PER DAY.  I'm pretty sure Crow is way past the "buying up low income rental property" stage of his career.

This is so fucking obvious.

Pretty sure this is headed to the big reveal that Harlan is a cuck and Clarence has been fucking his wife in front of him for years. 

While dressed as Hitler. 

While Ginny ate.

And ate. 

And ate.

And ate. 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

On 4/12/2023 at 8:02 AM, Nivek said:

Another flaw in our system of government attacked and exploited by the republican-oligarchy,  lifetime appointments.    

I'm sorry, but it's not just another.  It's THE biggest fucking flaw.  What a colossal fuckup.  Oh and I haven't said it in a while...fuck RBG.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You want to play hardball—sic the IRS on Mama Thomas for all those years of unreported gift income.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So I guess we’re going to have to live with billionaires brazenly buying Supreme Court justices because there is clearly no backstop here. 

Alito is probably shopping for yachts right now. 

Alito was hand picked by the Federalist society. I’m not sure that he hasn’t received dark money benefits. I mean does anyone know who paid Kavanaugh’s credit card debts?

10 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I'm sorry, but it's not just another.  It's THE biggest fucking flaw.  What a colossal fuckup.  Oh and I haven't said it in a while...fuck RBG.  

Lobbyists, superpacs, 'dark money', and gerrymandering are worse IMO.    Given what we have seen from republicans in office, even if RBG resigned, I doubt they would have let that appointment go through.  The only shitty part is the dumbass democratic party let it happen.   

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Lobbyists, superpacs, 'dark money', and gerrymandering are worse IMO.    Given what we have seen from republicans in office, even if RBG resigned, I doubt they would have let that appointment go through.  The only shitty part is the dumbass democratic party let it happen.   

I mean going back to what the founding fathers put together.  Many of the concepts and definitively the terms you listed didn’t exist back then.  This one they should have seen coming as a potential disaster.  

‘The Judiciary Act of 1789 is passed by Congress and signed by President George Washington, establishing the Supreme Court of the United States as a tribunal made up of six justices who were to serve on the court until death or retirement.’

Edited by ChiTownDoc