Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

On 7/15/2020 at 11:49 AM, Vic Mackey said:

My thoughts exactly about Whataburger. Cold bun, lukewarm if you are lucky meat that is already bland. Extremely thin pieces of meat, too. The only ones worth a damn are the Favorites. Their regular burgers are terrible. I enjoy In N Out much more. And now that Whataburger sold to a Chicago company, maybe Texans can drop their weird obsession with this fast food joint. But probably not. It's like sacrilegious to have anything but high praise for this almighty fast food spot. I think it is more of a Texan pride thing more than anything else. Only Texans give a damn about opinions on Whataburger.

Negged

• Like 2

On 7/5/2020 at 11:16 PM, Tom said:

This is the unpopular opinions thread.  Shitting on In-N-Out on this site isn't really unpopular.  

Here is an unpopular opinion that is 100% my own: In-N-Out is better than Whataburger, and it's not even close.  

You should’ve stuck to MySpace 

• Haha 1

HEB donuts are far superior to any chain donut shop's.  Better than Dunkin, Shipley, Krispy Kreme (which is absolute ass). And far better than Round Rock donuts.  In fact all you Round Rockers need to just STFU about your shitty donuts, it's nothing more that an ordinary donut with gross colored glaze.  There's nothing special about it.

17 hours ago, Your Mom said:

HEB donuts are far superior to any chain donut shop's.  Better than Dunkin, Shipley, Krispy Kreme (which is absolute ass). And far better than Round Rock donuts.  In fact all you Round Rockers need to just STFU about your shitty donuts, it's nothing more that an ordinary donut with gross colored glaze.  There's nothing special about it.

The color is not from the glaze.

7 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Whataburger onion rings are the shit and blow their fries out of the water. #5 wth onion rings and an apple pie after a night of drinking and sex.

what makes you think this is unpopular?  I'd take their rings over fries almost every time.

12 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Whataburger fries are as good or better than McDonald’s. I often hear Texans concede that McDonald’s fries are the end all be all of fries, I disagree.

McDonald's fries are a huge gamble depending on when they were cooked.  They can be up there towards the best or garbage.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tom said:

McDonald's fries are a huge gamble depending on when they were cooked.  They can be up there towards the best or garbage.

The turnover is so high 90% of the time I'm getting piping fresh fries.  And McDonalds fries at their peak with the right amount of salt is just Godliness

7 hours ago, 52-80 said:

The turnover is so high 90% of the time I'm getting piping fresh fries.  And McDonalds fries at their peak with the right amount of salt is just Godliness

Man... and when they used to be cooked in beef tallow??? Dayum.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Tired of hearing about professional athletes talk about how they are sitting out of something due to family reasons, as the rest us of go to work and live on. If it's for medical reasons, that's understandable. But because your cousin's BIL got sick is bullshit. You can afford to sit out, when you are getting 1.5/mil over the next 2 years. If you want to sit out that's fine, just STFU, while the grown folks work and not play games.

I agree to a certain extent, but they are given the option to opt out and get paid as if they showed up. If any of us had that option in our profession vs being isolated from your friends and family for 6+ months, I think all of us would take it. But you’re right. They don’t have to play this “we’re risking our lives” BS. They aren’t risking their lives anymore than anyone else. If anything they have the daily testing to stay on top of it as much as you can. Just admit you don’t want to be isolated/bubbled for that long.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

McDonald's hasn't served me fries that were crispy and golden brown in years. And now their burgers suck too. But when they were at their best, McDonald's fries were hard to beat. 

There was one right next to my apartment when I lived in Houston, and they fucked the fries up every single time. I even pulled a Karen one time and went back to the store with my fries. Nothing changed. This management was always going to serve old fries. So I finally started asking for no salt fries. I’ll either salt them at home or ask for salt, but you’re giving me fresh fries mother fucker. That’s LITERALLY the only reason i came to your shitty fast food restaurant.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Agreed on all accounts of McDonalds fries, but i rarely get bad fries when I'm there during peak lunch or dinner time. Any other time of day is a crapshoot.

Perfect whataburger fries with spicy ketchup are better than perfect McDonalds fries IMO. plus you don't have to eat the low grade horse meat burgers served at McDonald’s.

4 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Low bar but Dr Pepper & Cream Soda is the best thing from 2020 thus far. We should probably just stop making the original and replace it.

you posted in the correct thread...

That's not unpopular.  What the fuck is up with their fries?  And they salt the shit out of them and because they serve them in those little short-boats, you can't shake the salt out the bottom like with McDonald's or What-a-Burger. And every fucking time at the drive-thru, with that boat of salt with some soggy fries mixed in, the fucking register kid always puts in just one ketchup packet and six more packets of salt and gives me that grin like he thinks he's my hero.  Big Sodium is behind their fries and I'm gonna expose the truth.  

It's a damn shame too because I used to take my daughter to that one on the drag before UT baseball and we love the burger and shakes (not as good as What-a-Burger iMO, but she likes it better). 

Unpopular Opinion of Mine:  Golf courses are a massive waste of land.