Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Chili dog said:

I’ve wondered if those city skylines aren’t supposed to be Urban (city, urban...). Then you have the shell (Shelly) eating dinner and signing the contract prior to going out on the town for music, drinks, dancing and celebration with their daughters. That’s just me. 

i'm pretty sure it's 3 sunsets, then you have a buckeye, dinner setting and a feather.  buckeye's eat crow. imho

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, troph said:

so seriously is this the current status:

former coach of Urban's who gets in trouble says he's not coming.

Squid says he's coming.

Flightaware has undeniable circumstantial evidence that appears positive.

any other tidbits?

FootballScoop (a legitimate non-9.95 site) confirms that CDC and Hartzell flew out to meet with Urban this week.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, RedAustin said:

Just because yall have blind faith that we're getting a guy that we have little to no chance of getting doesnt make me a troll it makes me the most sane person on this site

Given that insanity is generally described as “doing the same thing and expecting a different result” and what UT has done in the last decade, sanity is not a trait of a UT fan. Get out of here.

2 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

giphy.gif

is that supposed to be you?  I’m right.  I’m the smartest person in here.  urban isn’t coming and I’m the only one who knew that from day one.  I’m an omnipotent god presiding over a city of earthworms.  you survive on dirt. 

Edited by futureman
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, RedAustin said:

He's basically a secretary. handles calls and paperwork etc. if anyone would know id think it would be him 

So as tight lipped as everyone in the AD is about this you’re going to call out this guy on social media and risk getting him fired. You’re a great friend. Or, you’re a fucking asshole. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, troph said:

so seriously is this the current status:

former coach of Urban's who gets in trouble says he's not coming.

Squid says he's coming.

Flightaware has undeniable circumstantial evidence that appears positive.

any other tidbits?

That's basically it.  The roller coaster has been doing corkscrews in the late afternoon hours.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, troph said:

at this point if he's out he can say he's out.  if he's in, timing really does dictate (on Thursday) it's best to wait until after Saturday's game is canceled or played.  When a lag time like this occurs after a deal is all but announced, the shit gets eerie silent and weird.  no momentum makes folks think stall and going the wrong direction.  but if he really was a no, plan B would start to surface.  face saving leaks, too much money, Urban too big for his britches, wants to stay in OH, is a family man, loves serving pints, whatever it is.  I don't see that happening yet.  it's still mainstream starting to pick up the rumors and devoting time to the main story line.  It's completely confirmed meetings happened, offers made.  now silent.  Yeah, I'm not buying he's not coming, I think it's just as likely it's done and they all agreed to wait until KSU is played or cancelled.  That's actually the Texas way, we do care about appearances and a mid week firing isn't our style.  And if he said no, we would hear that from someone other than a friend of a secretary and a police evader.  that quality of naysayer has been here all along.  the high quality leaks of a no answer are not here yet.

I'll buy what you are selling.

Edited by CTC2
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

is that supposed to be you?  I’m right.  I’m the smartest person in here.  urban isn’t coming and I’m the only one who knew that from day one.  I’m an omnipotent god presiding over a city of earthworms.  you survive on dirt. 

Man, I hope this guy is wrong, but no matter what happens to his butthole I admire both his steadfastness and haughtiness.  This is a man that can undergo a fisting and keep on ticking, methinks.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, CycleTex87 said:

So, had to put in an actual day of work, I detect no substantive news for the day, correct?

mainstream media reporting facts we figured out a few days ago.  that's probably the only concrete info if you wanted just one sentence on this.  I've been asking these questions the last hour and if you go back to my posts/responses to them you'll see it boiled down.  yes some twitter stuff, flightaware appears to still have very strong circumstantial evidence of a yes, but no nothing definitive.  if he's a yes we will likely stay in a holding pattern until KSU is past us.

7 minutes ago, troph said:

at this point if he's out he can say he's out.  if he's in, timing really does dictate (on Thursday) it's best to wait until after Saturday's game is canceled or played.  When a lag time like this occurs after a deal is all but announced, the shit gets eerie silent and weird.  no momentum makes folks think stall and going the wrong direction.  but if he really was a no, plan B would start to surface.  face saving leaks, too much money, Urban too big for his britches, wants to stay in OH, is a family man, loves serving pints, whatever it is.  I don't see that happening yet.  it's still mainstream starting to pick up the rumors and devoting time to the main story line.  It's completely confirmed meetings happened, offers made.  now silent.  Yeah, I'm not buying he's not coming, I think it's just as likely it's done and they all agreed to wait until KSU is played or cancelled.  That's actually the Texas way, we do care about appearances and a mid week firing isn't our style.  And if he said no, we would hear that from someone other than a friend of a secretary and a police evader.  that quality of naysayer has been here all along.  the high quality leaks of a no answer are not here yet.

Solid info!

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, RedAustin said:

Just because yall have blind faith that we're getting a guy that we have little to no chance of getting doesnt make me a troll it makes me the most sane person on this site

It's not blind faith. We have an expectation that our beloved University can make impact hires for all sports. That being said, Urban is still on the table and will stay there until he gives an answer.

You have completely written off the possibility when it in fact exists. That makes you a fucking moron.

10 minutes ago, futureman said:

You seem like you're intending to raise fisticuffs.  

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic