Landomatic

Frozen Pizza - Because sometimes is just sounds good.

tell me about these heb deli pizzas.  you make your own pie?  they give you the dough, you smash it, you pound it, you fling it up in the air, and then you get to put your sauce and you get to sprinkle your cheese and THEN you slide it into the oven?  it’s all supervised?

The Crav’n pub style 4 meat pizza is surprisingly good.  It’s got cheese toppings then another layer of cheese and the sauce is pretty flavorful.   

50 minutes ago, futureman said:

tell me about these heb deli pizzas.  you make your own pie?  they give you the dough, you smash it, you pound it, you fling it up in the air, and then you get to put your sauce and you get to sprinkle your cheese and THEN you slide it into the oven?  it’s all supervised?

16" of par-baked dough with deli sized pepperoni, cheese, and sauce is what's sold here. 

002139801-1.jpg.4271e7c8b1431d737c0a398563c81243.jpg

1 hour ago, AustinMT said:

Bola, a local Austin product sold in teh frozen pizza section at HEB and Central Market

spacer.png

spacer.png

This intrigues me

32 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

This intrigues me

Interesting back story.  Husband and wife, started with a food blog in Austin that I used to read.  They built a pizza oven in the back yard, and started having pizza parties.  Expanded to catering and then farmer’s markets in Austin, then commercial.  They make a high end dough, par bake the crust, add ingredients and flash freeze it.  It’s as close to an “artisan” frozen pizza as I’ve had.  More expensive, but worth it

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, elfenix said:

16" of par-baked dough with deli sized pepperoni, cheese, and sauce is what's sold here. 

This!   You will never, ever want a frozen pizza again.   The Margehertia is the best. 

Edited by Nueces River Rat

We don’t even get that at the gimp
H‑E‑B on Burnet. We only have the HCF version which is very good.

Posted (edited)

delete post/ban user.  Responded to a post from December.

Edited by dcbc
I'm dumb.

7 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I've tried many of the suggestion on here.  If I can't get my hand on the above mentioned fresh HEB pizza for HEB PLUS,   this is my standby

7192147763_box.jpg

This is not a bad choice — you just have to get the crust very crispy because it is so thin

Still get one of these from time to time for nostalgia purposes. Put some valentina black label on it before consuming. 

spacer.png

14 hours ago, AustinMT said:

This is not a bad choice — you just have to get the crust very crispy because it is so thin

Yep.  And that’s how like my frozen pizza if I have to go that route. Can’t find any others who have a crust that does this unless you over bake it. 

On 7/16/2020 at 9:44 PM, elfenix said:

I used to make these when I worked at the Riverside HEB back in 90-91. I can't eat them to this day.

Not frozen, but refrigerated. Pretty damn good from Walmart. One person could demolish one if so desired ($5). 

a58425ed-ed2f-4e4b-8a2b-3035281e6689-2-5

Hamburger, chicken, pepperoni, japs 

17 minutes ago, ss13 said:

Not frozen, but refrigerated. Pretty damn good from Walmart. One person could demolish one if so desired ($5). 

a58425ed-ed2f-4e4b-8a2b-3035281e6689-2-5

Dang that could almost drive me to go to a walmart. Crazy!

a58425ed-ed2f-4e4b-8a2b-3035281e6689-2-53fd346fe0f6d62047decf6cc5049d64.jpg

I demolish those on occasion. Walmart makes a damn good pizza.