Jump to content

Recommended Posts

To the year of 'the ledge'! 

spacer.png

This'll be the shittiest year this country has seen in a while, and will have consequences for decades. 

Page 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

HER FACE

 

Yep, our country is the talk of the world. Laughing and saying who voted that jack ass, way over his head, idiot con man in office? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

To the year of 'the ledge'! 

spacer.png

This'll be the shittiest year this country has seen in a while, and will have consequences for decades. 

Page 2

With all due respect, sir, I believe this is going to be our finest hour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opinion: 2020 will be the worst year of Trump’s life

Spoiler
By Jon Wiener
Jan. 1, 2020
3 AM

A year ago for this newspaper, I wrote a piece headlined “2019 will be the worst year of Trump’s life.” Lately, I’ve been feeling a bit smug about my prescience. A wiser man might retire from the prognostication game on that high note, but instead I’m going to double down with a new prediction: 2020 will be the worst year of Trump’s life.

Last year’s foresight wasn’t that hard, in retrospect. It seemed likely, given what we’d already seen, that Trump was going to create problems for himself on a scale unmatched in his previous life. No one foresaw the exact nature of his misdeeds — that he’d threaten to withhold military aid from Ukraine in order to pressure leaders there to investigate his campaign rival — but it was pretty easy to see that the year was likely to produce more scandals, failures and defeats.

The coming year presents many more uncertainties. There’s the election, of course, and the Democrats aren’t seen as having a surefire winner.

President Trump, on the other hand, is a strong campaigner and more determined to win than ever. If he doesn’t, he spends the rest of his life as a loser — the worst thing you can be in Trump world. Republicans have worked tirelessly to create new restrictions on voting by Democrats, and the bots and dirty tricks that helped sway the last election will undoubtedly be reprised.

There is also the possibility that the Democrats will self-destruct at their convention. Maybe vote suppression by Republicans will succeed. Maybe Tulsi Gabbard will run as a third-party candidate and draw enough votes in a few key states to give the election to Trump. Maybe Trump will lose the popular vote by millions — again — but squeak through in the electoral college by a few thousand.

But I don’t think he can win this time. Despite being the most powerful political figure in America for the last three years, Trump hasn’t done anything to expand his base. And the Democrats will never again make the mistakes Hillary Clinton made in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.

The starting point for 2020 is the fact that the Democratic base is considerably larger than the Republican base. Almost half of registered voters (48%) say they are certain they will vote against Trump, while only a third (34%) say they are certain they will vote for him.

The Democratic strategist and pollster Stan Greenberg has a whole book about why Trump will lose (with the great title R.I.P. G.O.P.). He asked voters in a 2016 election day poll whether they could handle an unexpected expense of $500. A majority of unmarried women said they could not. They are unlikely to agree with Trump’s claims about his tax cut benefiting everybody, and unmarried women make up a quarter of the potential electorate.

On many of the issues Americans care most about, Trump is consistently on the wrong side. An increasing majority of people, as Greenberg points out, believe “immigration benefits our country,” up from 50% in 2016 to 65% today. An increasing majority — now more than 60% — believe that the government should play a bigger role in addressing our problems, especially in healthcare. Free college tuition and a wealth tax have widespread support.

Of course 2016 showed that we need to look beyond the national polls, and focus on the swing states. But there, too, the news is encouraging. In Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin, since Trump took office, his net approval ratings, which started out on the plus side, have fallen — disastrously. In Pennsylvania they decreased by 17 points, in Wisconsin by 20 points, in Michigan by 22 points. In the midterm voting, those three swing states all elected Democrats in 2018. Wisconsin elected a Democratic governor to replace a Republican, and reelected a Democratic senator; Pennsylvania reelected a Democratic governor and Democrats there took three House seats away from Republican incumbents. In Michigan, which the Democrats lost to Trump by 11,000 votes, the Democrats had a huge victory in 2018, sweeping the elections for governor and senator and flipping two House seats. Voters also banned gerrymandering and created automatic voter registration, which together will bear fruit in 2020. All this explains why I’m quite certain we’ll be free at last from Donald Trump on Jan. 20, 2021.

Honesty compels me, however, to recall another article I wrote in the past. This one was for The Nation in June of 2016, and it was headlined: “Relax, Trump Can’t Win.”

Jon Wiener is professor of history emeritus at UC Irvine and a contributing editor at The Nation, where he hosts the podcast “Start Making Sense.”

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-01-01/opinion-2020-will-be-the-worst-year-of-trumps-life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go Trump! MAGA 2020! Build the wall! Lock her up! 

Here’s to the greatest year in the history of America! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is phase 2 of his physical? Have another hamberder Donnie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HER FACE




I wonder how often she regrets learning English.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm only a fantasy league gynecologist, so I don't know that much about primary care medicine, but isn't it already a bad sign that his physical had to be deployed in "Phases?"  

I've never heard anything remotely medical described as "in phases", and it be a good thing.  

I stand by my 2019 prediction.  Trump dies in office later this summer, shortly after the convention. 

We had all better pray is what happens because the alternative is he loses in November, and organic celebratory celebrations pop up all over the country and nutjob Trumpkins open fire on them.  4 mass shootings in the week following Trump's defeat, all inspired by Trump's rhetoric and failure to properly concede the election.  Dozens dead, hundreds injured, as open political gatherings become outlawed in most U.S. states for public safety concerns.  Several more domestic terrorist activities are planned for inauguration day of a Democrat President.  Most are thwarted proactively by FBI and intelligence officials.  However, one still takes place.   

Edited by Lobo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

 

The perspective on this one makes it look like he left the course to play a round in the Everglades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wapo reporting siege over.  trump will take a victory lap on twitter later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I'd be able to handle a Trump re-election. I'd probably basically remove myself from society. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I don't think I'd be able to handle a Trump re-election. I'd probably basically remove myself from society. 

To be removed, you must first contribute 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tuco said:


I wonder how often she regrets learning English.

She learned English? When did that happen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

 

 

2 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

The perspective on this one makes it look like he left the course to play a round in the Everglades.

1 in 5 days on weekend or holiday(playing golf)
5 working days of 7 for the average American standard work week

7 of 35 days playing golf

10 of 35 not working for the average American standard weekend(not counting holidays)
25 of 35 working for the average American standard work week 

Trump averages less golf than a typical American weekend, not counting holidays.   He has properties he owns that provide him golf at home opportunities unlike any other president in the past.  Going home every weekend is an option just like working as a software consultant for SAP who will fly you home when working on an away project.  

Trump owns his own planes and helicopters.

Not to mention having secret service connected to telecommunications at all times and access to cell phones, Air Force One offices with the latest satellite communications to be able to do what is necessary.  He can be working and playing golf at home or wherever he is.  The modern Presidency,  get used to it.  Especially if someone like Bloomberg or Steyer gets in somehow.(or a billionare to be named later)

Edited by zork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Oh fuck off. He blasted Obama for eight years for golfing (less).

Yeah but Obama was black so you missed the point. 

Zorks post just shows you there is absolutely nothing they won’t try to rationalize/ defend when it comes to orange jesus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, zork said:

 

1 in 5 days on weekend or holiday(playing golf)
5 working days of 7 for the average American standard work week

7 of 35 days playing golf

10 of 35 not working for the average American standard weekend(not counting holidays)
25 of 35 working for the average American standard work week 

Trump averages less golf than a typical American weekend, not counting holidays.   He has properties he owns that provide him golf at home opportunities unlike any other president in the past.  Going home every weekend is an option just like working as a software consultant for SAP who will fly you home when working on an away project.  

Trump owns his own planes and helicopters.

Not to mention having secret service connected to telecommunications at all times and access to cell phones, Air Force One offices with the latest satellite communications to be able to do what is necessary.  He can be working and playing golf at home or wherever he is.  The modern Presidency,  get used to it.  Especially if someone like Bloomberg or Steyer gets in somehow.(or a billionare to be named later)

 

How many times did you complain about Barack Hussein Obama II golfing, Swam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, zork said:

He has properties he owns that provide him golf at home opportunities unlike any other president in the past. 

He profits from every single visit with YOUR money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should either pay for the SS detail to his properties out of his own pocket or not have one.  I’m good either way as long as all his visits without SS are announced well in advance.  That way his fan club can have plenty of time to get ready for his arrival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tom said:

 

How many times did you complain about Barack Hussein Obama II golfing, Swam?

Well, what you have to understand is that Barack Obama was black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the "who could have seen this coming" department, the FED has concluded that Trump's tariffs have been a net negative for the economy.

Quote

“We find that the 2018 tariffs are associated with relative reductions in manufacturing employment and relative increases in producer prices,” concluded Fed economists Aaron Flaaen and Justin Pierce, in an academic paper.

While the tariffs did reduce competition for some industries in the domestic U.S. market, this was more than offset by the effects of rising input costs and retaliatory tariffs, the study found.

“While the longer-term effects of the tariffs may differ from those that we estimate here, the results indicate that the tariffs, thus far, have not led to increased activity in the U.S. manufacturing sector,” the study said.

Tit-for-tat trade retaliation is an idea best relegated to the past, given the presence of globally interconnected supply chains, the Fed researchers found.

Tariffs bad?

FED study

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Zorks post just shows you there is absolutely nothing they won’t try to rationalize/ defend when it comes to orange jesus. 

Republicans are fundamentally dishonest, with themselves and others.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read the 2-3 replies if you really feel like having a ragestroke. 

It should be legal to hunt, assault, and kill anyone wearing Salty Frog Gear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

Go Trump! MAGA 2020! Build the wall! Lock her up! 

Here’s to the greatest year in the history of America! 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'm only a fantasy league gynecologist, so I don't know that much about primary care medicine, but isn't it already a bad sign that his physical had to be deployed in "Phases?"  

I've never heard anything remotely medical described as "in phases", and it be a good thing.  

I stand by my 2019 prediction.  Trump dies in office later this summer, shortly after the convention. 

We had all better pray is what happens because the alternative is he loses in November, and organic celebratory celebrations pop up all over the country and nutjob Trumpkins open fire on them.  4 mass shootings in the week following Trump's defeat, all inspired by Trump's rhetoric and failure to properly concede the election.  Dozens dead, hundreds injured, as open political gatherings become outlawed in most U.S. states for public safety concerns.  Several more domestic terrorist activities are planned for inauguration day of a Democrat President.  Most are thwarted proactively by FBI and intelligence officials.  However, one still takes place.   

Are you from the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Red Five said:

I don't think I'd be able to handle a Trump re-election. I'd probably basically remove myself from society. 

Don't forget to take a special someone with you.

Edit: With extreme prejudice.

WhimsicalSkeletalLeafhopper-size_restric

Edited by RomaVicta
[Nixon]To be clear that violence would be wrong. [/Nixon]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

"Trump is a lying, traitorous, psychopathic narcissist who poses a threat to our republic and the values for which it once claimed to stand. And he plays golf instead of actually working."

"Hey! He doesn't really play too much golf! That's unfair!"

Fuck you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

his net approval ratings, which started out on the plus side, have fallen — disastrously. In Pennsylvania they decreased by 17 points, in Wisconsin by 20 points

Yeah, speaking of Wisconsin, we have a couple of friends who grew up there, and visited over the Christmas break.    They've seen a lot more anti-Trump and anti-GOP sentiment than they did last Christmas.  People are extremely bitter about Scott Walker and the Republicans and the bullshit they pulled, including with the Foxtconn bullshit, and it sounds like the Democrats will keep reminding them of the GOP's fuckups and fucking around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lobo said:

We had all better pray is what happens because the alternative is he loses in November, and organic celebratory celebrations pop up all over the country and nutjob Trumpkins open fire on them.  4 mass shootings in the week following Trump's defeat, all inspired by Trump's rhetoric and failure to properly concede the election.  Dozens dead, hundreds injured, as open political gatherings become outlawed in most U.S. states for public safety concerns.  Several more domestic terrorist activities are planned for inauguration day of a Democrat President.  Most are thwarted proactively by FBI and intelligence officials.  However, one still takes place.   

It will be the end of the GOP if that happens.  We are talking early 1850s Whig Party collapse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

The perspective on this one makes it look like he left the course to play a round in the Everglades.

Actually, that's the normal course - it's what happens when your company has to start firing illegal immigrants after being caught red-handed with them.   Eric can't drive all of the lawnmowers and do all of the landscaping on his own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Read the 2-3 replies if you really feel like having a ragestroke. 

It should be legal to hunt, assault, and kill anyone wearing Salty Frog Gear. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HenryJames said:

 

LMAO.  Is there anywhere this lazy fat motherfucker will not take his golf cart?  God damn fool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

With all due respect, sir, I believe this is going to be our finest hour. 

b3db31a9-4bd6-407d-969e-1fb803821065_tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This still isnt getting near the coverage that it should. 

Farmers Got Billions From Taxpayers In 2019, And Hardly Anyone Objected

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2019/12/31/790261705/farmers-got-billions-from-taxpayers-in-2019-and-hardly-anyone-objected

"For one thing, it's an enormous amount of money, more than the final cost of bailing out the auto industry during the financial crisis of 2008. The auto industry bailout was fiercely debated in Congress. Yet the USDA created this new program out of thin air; it decided that an old law authorizing a USDA program called the Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC) already gave it the authority to spend this money."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, zork said:

 

1 in 5 days on weekend or holiday(playing golf)
5 working days of 7 for the average American standard work week

7 of 35 days playing golf

10 of 35 not working for the average American standard weekend(not counting holidays)
25 of 35 working for the average American standard work week 

Trump averages less golf than a typical American weekend, not counting holidays.   He has properties he owns that provide him golf at home opportunities unlike any other president in the past.  Going home every weekend is an option just like working as a software consultant for SAP who will fly you home when working on an away project.  

Trump owns his own planes and helicopters.

Not to mention having secret service connected to telecommunications at all times and access to cell phones, Air Force One offices with the latest satellite communications to be able to do what is necessary.  He can be working and playing golf at home or wherever he is.  The modern Presidency,  get used to it.  Especially if someone like Bloomberg or Steyer gets in somehow.(or a billionare to be named later)

Bitch please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's 2020 in America, our President is an immoral, corrupt failed-businessman, and our First Lady is a Euro-trash whore.

This is what Republicans wanted for our country.

Edited by Bookman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Does he think they don't know the truth?

We're talking about a guy who's told over 15,000 lies in 3 years. The truth is whatever Cheeto believes it to be at that particular moment. The facts are irrelevant to him, just as the beliefs of others. Unless we're talking about the big, strong, better looking than Tom Cruise warfighters who tell him with tears in their eyes that they have to flush 10 - 15 times to get rid of a turd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Does he think they don't know the truth?

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Does he think they don't know the truth?

he isn't speaking to them and he doesn't care if they do or do not know the truth. he's speaking to the 40%. always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...