2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

49 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Yes dotard, based on crowds and enthusiasm, it seems to you that you have more fans (higher ratings).  This is how his reptile brain works.  Nevermind that Biden isn't having rallies because he isn't a cult leader that doesn't believe in a virus. More to the point though, it's just stupid how he lives in a bubble of his own creation.  Seems like this might not be a great quality for the leader of the free world. 

28 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Any chance you missed the part that most of that land is federal?

22 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I know road atlases aren't popular anymore, but somebody get Fozzz one and show him all those green shaded areas that dominate much of the state.  Those are National Parks, National Forests, National Recreation Areas, National Monuments, National Preservers, National Lakeshores, National Seashores, National Historic Sites, etc.  We call those vast areas of land "National"...because you know...the Federal Government manages them.  

I would think the giant fucking "U.S. Forest Service" Flag behind Trump would have been your first clue, but I guess since Trump wasn't fellating it before the press conference, you probably didn't notice it.  Does your junior high geography teacher know you're this fucking stupid?  

Stop responding to Fozzz.  He's a troll, and a dumb one.  Block his idiocy and move on.

• Hook 'Em 1

I must have missed something, because apparently Trump supporters have gotten huffy regarding Biden's comments about natural disasters with respect to Trump and I just read a comment about "I'm still waiting for Biden's response regarding Hurricane Katrina."

He was in Senate in 2005, but I don't get their point?

7 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

lol look up the Good Neighbor Authority and kindly shut the fuck up. 

Yeah but it has to be initiated by the feds to help the states.  Not the other way around. 

oh Christ, we gotta start with the federalist papers with this dipshit and work our way forward through 250 years of forest caselaw.  This should be a fucking hoot

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah but it has to be initiated by the feds to help the states.  Not the other way around. 

oh Christ, we gotta start with the federalist papers with this dipshit and work our way forward through 250 years of forest caselaw.  This should be a fucking hoot

It’s weird how the state’s LAO review of CA’s wildfire management situation doesn’t mention anything about CA wishing to treat those lands but being blocked by the feds while it does mention decades of state inaction. 

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I must have missed something, because apparently Trump supporters have gotten huffy regarding Biden's comments about natural disasters with respect to Trump and I just read a comment about "I'm still waiting for Biden's response regarding Hurricane Katrina."

He was in Senate in 2005, but I don't get their point?

You know the answer.

Hey, I lived there for two years.  They run that state like a shitshow.  But their natural lands are gorgeous and I am thankful for every day I spent hiking and fishing those lands.  California government sucks but much of their state is on fire.   Texans didn’t mind getting federal assistance in 2011 when a huge chunk of our state was on fire.  

Feds are dragging their asses because of one guy playing politics with fires.  I can deal with politics on health insurance, wars, taxes, even education.  But I can’t accept the politicization of fire.  

8 hours ago, MidTexHorn said:

A little positive anecdote this morning for ya. My co-worker and I are some of the few non-Trumpists that we know of in Midland and accordingly aren't really able to wear our allegiances on our sleeves for business reasons. She was out with friends this weekend, all white young oil professional types. In a conversation which she did not prompt, she said every one of them admitted to having voted for Trump in the last election and they all said they were either sitting out this election or voting for Biden. She was quite pleasantly surprised by the conversation, especially since one does not just casually speak against Trump in this industry or this part of the state. I'm sure at the end of the day, some will likely vote Trump, but just hearing those sentiments expressed was a positive step.

Not sure what the deal is, but on my rural dairy route where 100.00% of all political signs and flags as far as presidential candidates go have been Trump, I just drove by my 4th or 5th Biden today.

• Hook 'Em 1

Received my first election related direct mail piece today from Nancy Pelosi herself. Kind of pissed me off that the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is using the same bullshit pitch as Dotard in teasing a 5-1 match on donations. The wording is "this request is so urgent that a group of dedicated Democrats will match each $1 you give by Oct 15th with $5 of their own.." That's where we are,  so fucking stupid as a country that both parties think the majority of us believe that there are huge SuperPACS out there waiting to kick in more money,  but only if we donate first? If we don't donate, I guess they will just save all their cash for the next election, or maybe splurge on the  19 inch alloy rims on their next car .

I'll give to individual candidates, but fuck throwing money at the DCCC. That just seems like a waste. The entire "economy" behind the election cycle is a fucked up phenomena and needs to be gutted/reworked. Would love to see an actual audit of both parties lying about this bullshit, but that will never happen. 

• Hook 'Em 4

It's almost like he knows what he's doing. Like he's had some sort of experience in the past leading people and getting shit done. 

This might be the most encouraging piece of national news I have read in 10 months.

Love love love this. Yes. This is it.

Except he needs 10X that many lawyers. I’m serious. The TRO applications need to be drafted and ready to file in every county of any significance in the entire country.

4 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

As we enter the final days of this tumultuous Summer, this race...hasn't really moved much, if any, the past 3 months. 

6/14/20: Biden national lead of 8.4 (RCP), 75% chance to win according to 538 (pop vote projection of 53.1-45.6), and Biden/Trump shares on PredictIt were $0.58/$0.44. 

9/14/20: Biden national lead of 7.4 (RCP), 76% on 538 (52.8-45.9), $0.60/$0.45.

Biden for a while jumped out to landslide territory, but then Trump showed some signs of life towards the end of August. Neither of those really stuck around. Worth noting that Biden's 76% chance on 538 is up from his low mark of 67% just 2 weeks ago.  Trump was far enough behind that the models really needed to see a larger and more sustained polling bounce following the conventions, and he came up well short. 

I’m hoping the polls don’t narrow like republicans assume they will. I’m also watching the models to see if as the days dwindle by, will Biden’s odds to win go up because Trump will then have less time to turn it around?

I’m hoping the polls don’t narrow like republicans assume they will. I’m also watching the models to see if as the days dwindle by, will Biden’s odds to win go up because Trump will then have less time to turn it around?

Silver has said his will. Every day with “more of the same” in the polls is a good day for Joe.

They won't. Because it hasn't been the same for three months. They've been polling Trump v Biden essentially since Trump was inaugurated and the results have been very consistent.

Turnout is the name of the game.

Of course California is gonna have more percentage of national forests because we’re testing more forests.  You test more forests, you’re gonna have more national ones.  And you have more forests, you’re gonna have more fires.  We are doing tremendous forest fire testing.  

12 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

As we enter the final days of this tumultuous Summer, this race...hasn't really moved much, if any, the past 3 months. 

6/14/20: Biden national lead of 8.4 (RCP), 75% chance to win according to 538 (pop vote projection of 53.1-45.6), and Biden/Trump shares on PredictIt were $0.58/$0.44. 

9/14/20: Biden national lead of 7.4 (RCP), 76% on 538 (52.8-45.9), $0.60/$0.45.

Biden for a while jumped out to landslide territory, but then Trump showed some signs of life towards the end of August. Neither of those really stuck around. Worth noting that Biden's 76% chance on 538 is up from his low mark of 67% just 2 weeks ago.  Trump was far enough behind that the models really needed to see a larger and more sustained polling bounce following the conventions, and he came up well short. 

At this point, who can really be swayed? Maybe the 10 undecideds across America? It’s really a question now who is going to vote and   if their vote will count.

i do know a few weak republicans voters who want affirmation that they’re not alone in switching from trump to Biden. I would encourage any Biden supporter to quietly tell someone like that while you like trumps policies and hate liberals,  you think Trump is hurting America so you’re voting for Biden.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

At this point, who can really be swayed? Maybe the 10 undecideds across America? It’s really a question now who is going to vote and   if their vote will count.

i do know a few weak republicans voters who want affirmation that they’re not alone in switching from trump to Biden. I would encourage any Biden supporter to quietly tell someone like that while you like trumps policies and hate liberals,  you think Trump is hurting America so you’re voting for Biden.

Republicans seem to be assuming that Trump will dominate the debates and make independents come back to their side after Biden is exposed as mentally unfit.

6 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Republicans seem to be assuming that Trump will dominate the debates and make independents come back to their side after Biden is exposed as mentally unfit.

In their eyes, Trump will dominate and in Democrats eyes, Biden will win the debate. Short of Biden having an on stage seizure, none of his voters will be deterred by any debate performance. And I think he’ll do ok. He’s not the showman that trump is but nothing wrong with that.

The public even considered Clinton thr winner of the debates by a huge margin, and that's with seething hatred of her, fair or not, baked in. Biden will be considered the winner by similarly large margins.

It will not matter. No one's mind will change or be made up by what they see in a debate. They're essentially pointless in the current climate.

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

I wonder what the polls would be like if Trump had been able to successfully concoct the Biden/Ukraine corruption conspiracy.

He got impeached and should have been removed from office for that.  Sadly, I think if the Dems were to hammer that point in the next few weeks, it would actually backfire, because SOMEHOW the impeachment is seen as a partisan witch hunt.  It's fucking insane.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've seen some other posts that there may be a shy Biden effect out there in pink states.  People who are going to vote Dem for the first time in their lives.

The GOP feeling that the debates will save them almost seems like they didn't watch the 11 billion democrat debates in which Biden did fine, and they just thought the Harris busing punch was the way it was the whole time.  News flash:  It wasn't. 

Edited by Bateshorn

7 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

It’s the rare thing that actually gets resolved in Wisconsin in a civilized manner. I was SHOCKED!

it seemed like the Wisconsin GOP’s goal was to get the Green Party candidate on the ballot. The reason for this is that it would’ve forced the state to reprint ballots. It was uncertain if the state would’ve had enough time to reprint the ballots, mail them, and receive them back in the next 50 days. Adding the Green Party candidate could’ve wiped out mail in voting in Wisconsin all together. 

of course, Wisconsin republicans don’t care. Those people are the meanest and nastiest republicans out there. They wanted to force everyone in their state to vote at the polls during a pandemic. Similar to what Indictment Paxton is doing here in Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

I wonder what the polls would be like if Trump had been able to successfully concoct the Biden/Ukraine corruption conspiracy.

Barr and McConnell aren’t done with this yet.  I fully expect to see Biden perp walked a few weeks before the election for some bogus charges.  It would be totally in line with Trump’s win at all costs strategy.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Barr and McConnell aren’t done with this yet.  I fully expect to see Biden perp walked a few weeks before the election for some bogus charges.  It would be totally in line with Trump’s win at all costs strategy.  

I think you need to temper your TDS.  We've all got it bad, but let's not go all Q on this shit.

image.png