Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Actually, a remarkable number of his base will lose coverage.  The same people who rant about "I hate Obamacare -- no worries, I have ACA!"

Oh I know. But the republicans don’t give a shit about them because they are morons, as you say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

 

Don't recall seeing any post here about the 8-1 decision the Supreme Court handed down confirming that, yes, the Republican House violated the law defunding the risk corridor provision of the ACA that was designed to foster competition and prevent monopolies in the early implementation of of the quarter-century delayed, repackaged 1993 Republican counterproposal to the Clinton Universal Healthcare Initiative the GOP became apoplectic in opposition to. 

I'm looking into discovering ways to extend my life-span to finally see your Texas GOP Solution To Healthcare Delivery (and the 49 others) that you will eventually be threatening armed opposition to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I'm looking into discovering ways to extend my life-span to finally see your Texas GOP Solution To Healthcare Delivery (and the 49 others)

You'll have to find the key to immortality, because it ain't ever coming.  The GOP has literally zero solutions to the healthcare crisis.  They say some words and shit, but when it comes to actual policies, that can be examined and possibly implemented......nothing....

poof_usual_suspects.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

You'll have to find the key to immortality, because it ain't ever coming.  The GOP has literally zero solutions to the healthcare crisis.  They say some words and shit, but when it comes to actual policies, that can be examined and possibly implemented......nothing....

poof_usual_suspects.gif

 

Goth Butters- "Howeth can thou critique, that which is uncritique...able."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy fuck... Somebody was dumb enough to ask about a "Republican Healthcare Plan". 

Honestly, its been just a few months away for like 3 decadea...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Don't recall seeing any post here about the 8-1 decision the Supreme Court handed down confirming that, yes, the Republican House violated the law defunding the risk corridor provision of the ACA that was designed to foster competition and prevent monopolies in the early implementation of of the quarter-century delayed, repackaged 1993 Republican counterproposal to the Clinton Universal Healthcare Initiative the GOP became apoplectic in opposition to. 

I'm looking into discovering ways to extend my life-span to finally see your Texas GOP Solution To Healthcare Delivery (and the 49 others) that you will eventually be threatening armed opposition to.

The GOP healthcare plan is to keep things as they are so they can therefore outlive you.

Prove me wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to the Bexar County news conference. Bexar County is one of the better off Metropolitan areas in Texas and it still sounds like we are going to get fucked.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The GOP healthcare plan is to keep things as they are so they can therefore outlive you.

Prove me wrong.

The GOP health plan is to figure out as many ways as possible to funnel extra money out of the public sector and into the private sectors they can make more money.  As far as actual health care for the citizens of this country I don’t think they care one way or another as long as the corporations involved and Wall Street make enough money (along with the GOP politicians)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The GOP healthcare plan is to keep things as they are so they can therefore outlive you.

Prove me wrong.

"This is fine" is the essence of conservatism. They just can't be honest about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, F250 said:

Listening to the Bexar County news conference. Bexar County is one of the better off Metropolitan areas in Texas and it still sounds like we are going to get fucked.

 

Considering how lightly people are taking this, that’s what effective leadership looks like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

more than anything this could turn Texas blue sooner than expected, they really really really fucked this up and Texans are going to die because of it

Abbott is a fucking coward. He’s worse than trump. He knows what the right thing to do is but he is so scared of defying daddy he is trying half measures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Hes a fucking moron political huckster

FIFY.  Hes already moved on now that the truth is exposing his bullshit.  Hes all about protecting muh monuments and LAW AND ORDER these days.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

FIFY.  Hes already moved on now that the truth is exposing his bullshit.  Hes all about protecting muh monuments and LAW AND ORDER these days.  

Of course he moved on. It's not like he can keep an eye on two different things at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Niece is a trauma surgeon at Texas Medical Center. She has 12 patients due today and they’ll be full by Sunday. She called us in tears tonight.

Good job, Texas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2020/jun/26/birthday-party-leaves-18-in-texas-family-with-coro/

 

Quote

A surprise birthday party that resulted in 18 people testing positive for the coronavirus has left a North Texas man horrified as his father continues to fight for his life in a hospital intensive care unit.

Ron Barbosa, who is married to a doctor and refused to attend the May 30 party for his daughter-in-law because of safety concerns amid the COVID-19 pandemic, said those hospitalized included his parents, both in their 80′s, and his sister, who is also battling breast cancer.

 

Quote

Barbosa said his nephew, unknowingly infected with the virus, hosted last month's gathering of 25 people that only lasted a few hours and followed the state’s latest health standards. During the party, he said the nephew interacted with seven relatives, who subsequently contracted the virus and spread it to 10 other family members, including two young children.

“When people started getting sick, we really let everyone have it,” Barbosa told WFAA-TV. “We knew this was going to happen, I mean, this whole time this has been going on we’ve been terrified.”

 

Spoiler

Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday said Texas would halt its aggressive reopening as it deals with a surge in coronavirus cases and hospitalizations that has made the state a virus hot spot. Statewide, the number of COVID-19 patients has more than doubled in two weeks. Texas has reported more than 11,000 new cases in the previous two days alone.

Barbosa's mother, Carole, who stopped by the function to drop something off, tested positive for coronavrius June 6 and was admitted to the hospital a week later.

Barbosa said his father, Frank, who didn't attend the get-together but later contracted COVID-19, was hospitalized June 17. He said his dad is currently “hanging on by a thread” in the ICU while on life support.

“It’s heartbreaking,” Barbosa said, holding back tears.

Frank received a plasma donation Wednesday from a recovered coronavirus patient, according to Barbosa’s Facebook page. Barbosa said he hopes the procedure will save his dad's life.

“Prayers were answered today," Barbosa wrote on Facebook. “Now he (Frank) needs to get well for mom and the Barbosa Family."

Barbosa said his family remains united despite feeling a pendulum of emotions over the past few weeks.

“We were horrified. People couldn’t believe that they took it to a family member,” he said. “But now, we’re holding on together.”

Carole has returned home to recover, according to a Facebook page the family created, which indicated that Barbosa's sister, Kathy, is feeling better and back home to recuperate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paddled from the 360 bridge today. Fucktons of people in their 20s in Bull Creek cove partying, tied up 4 deep and 10-15 people per boat. Spreading that shit. Can hardly blame them. If I had a 100k boat and that talent willing to ride in my 20s I would have said fuck it. Lake Travis has also been a cluster fuck. Buckle up yall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

True. But a lot of the people who will lose coverage are brown, or poor, or both. Maybe a few white trash lose benefits but oh well. So who gives a shit?

Lol. There are millions of poor white people in this state. Just saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If we're going with what the founders intended, then Paxton needs to resign.  This guy has been under indictment since 2015 with no fucking consequences and no trial.  He shouldn't be making claims as to the motivations and beliefs of the founders then telling us that's what we need to follow if he's not willing to fucking follow them himself.  How the fuck did we end up with such pieces of shit in every single elected state wide office?  Mother fucker.
I took Texas History at UT. Our current leaders kind of meet our historical standard for grift, incompetence and general fuckery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HenryJames said:

 

It amazes me this tweet comes out during a pandemic.  When a whole lot of people are going to need healthcare, let's take away their healthcare insurance and replace it with nothing.   They must need to save their donors with big healthcare stock positions some money.  I guess they figure they can get away with murder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

It amazes me this tweet comes out during a pandemic.  When a whole lot of people are going to need healthcare, let's take away their healthcare insurance and replace it with nothing.   They must need to save their donors with big healthcare stock positions some money.  I guess they figure they can get away with murder.

So I guess I should hurry up and get sick so I still have some coverage?   Is that my best strategy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

So I guess I should hurry up and get sick so I still have some coverage access to an ICU bed and respirator ?   Is that my best strategy?

Fixed that for ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HenryJames said:

 

Texans are dying because of a Republican governor's mishandling of a health crisis, and y'all want to bring up Obamacare?  Now?  Go fuck yourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Texans are dying because of a Republican governor's mishandling of a health crisis, and y'all want to bring up Obamacare?  Now?  Go fuck yourselves.

That Republican governor gets cover from a whole lot of well-educated Texans who know better but continue to support a morally bankrupt political party.

Those people have no shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It amazes me this tweet comes out during a pandemic.  When a whole lot of people are going to need healthcare, let's take away their healthcare insurance and replace it with nothing.   They must need to save their donors with big healthcare stock positions some money.  I guess they figure they can get away with murder.

And not just losing their health insurance now.

We have no idea what the long term effects are of this virus. What if it leaves survivors with permanent lung or kidney damage? Y’all think insurance companies won’t throw them in the “preexisting condition” category and deny them health insurance forever?

It’s going to fuck those poor people till they die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

It’s going to fuck those poor people till they die.

That is the whole fucking point. These people are utterly loathsome without any qualification.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

It’s going to fuck those poor people till they die.

Isn't that always the end goal with the GOP. We can bitch about racism all we want, but separation of wealth is really their main goal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, David Dennison said:

That Republican governor gets cover from a whole lot of well-educated Texans who know better but continue to support a morally bankrupt political party.

It depends on how you define: "well-educated"

These are the same Texans who chortle at liberal arts degrees. They have no idea how to identify systemic issues in governance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

It depends on how you define: "well-educated"

These are the same Texans who chortle at liberal arts degrees. They have no idea how to identify systemic issues in governance.

Wait just one cotton-pickin' minute, people are chortling at my liberal arts degree.  Man, that stings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I took Texas History at UT. Our current leaders kind of meet our historical standard for grift, incompetence and general fuckery.

License plate motto?

Come to Texas
eee4bfb32c1d41c3f04a0eafa48d21fe.jpg
For Grift, Incompetence and General Fuckery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Isn't that always the end goal with the GOP. We can bitch about racism all we want, but separation of wealth is really their main goal. 

Oh, yes.  They hate poor white people as much as they hate poor black and brown people.

They use poor white people to win elections, but only because they have to.

But make no mistake: if you're in the bottom 80% of wage earners, Republicans hate you and don't care if you die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

But make no mistake: if you're in the bottom 80% of wage earners, Republicans hate you and don't care if you die.

This isn't true. They can't make money off of you if you're dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, trauma babe said:

If y'all are AT ALL able to donate blood in Travis County, please please please please do so ASAP.

O-Negative here.  Will book something at the South Austin Center next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bookman said:

This isn't true. They can't make money off of you if you're dead.

There's a sucker born every minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

O-Negative here.  Will book something at the South Austin Center next week. 

Thank you. The trauma wave I mentioned several days ago never stopped, and we pretty much ran out of PRBCs last night (Packed Red Blood Cells—just the red goop, no plasma/platelets), so the sooner the better.

Keep yourselves safe, all of you. Or get yourselves hurt but not that hurt so you can go to Hays or Wilco or really anywhere else would be cool. It's a bad time to be in the hospital right now (duh).

Edited by trauma babe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

O-Negative here.  Will book something at the South Austin Center next week. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: 7 of our facilities now have staff that have tested positive. Including the one im currently at now. All 7 had staff that tested positive this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Thank you. The trauma wave I mentioned several days ago never stopped, and we pretty much ran out of PRBCs last night (Packed Red Blood Cells—just the red goop, no plasma/platelets), so the sooner the better.

Keep yourselves safe, all of you. Or get yourselves hurt but not that hurt so you can go to Hays or Wilco or really anywhere else would be cool. It's a bad time to be in the hospital right now (duh).

does treatment of COVID require transfusions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

does treatment of COVID require transfusions?

We are doing some convalescent plasma transfusions, as well as every other type of transfusion, as indicated by the patient's condition. With some quick math from my personal experience, I can tell you roughly on average that if you're middle-aged or a senior in Austin, you probably have around five comorbidities, most of which make it harder to treat COVID. I can't give you any numbers on blood transfusions for COVID+ patients, as I don't work primarily in that ICU. I just get floated there every other week or so. I know they are close to having thirty ICU COVID beds full, which is their capacity (so they start coming to me, sigh).

We ran out of PRBCs (sort of, it's complicated) last night because people in Austin are very much not chill right now and keep seriously injuring themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Niece is a trauma surgeon at Texas Medical Center. She has 12 patients due today and they’ll be full by Sunday. She called us in tears tonight.

Good job, Texas. 

She single?

And pics plz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...