Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
Sign in to follow this  
Parliament

The Snyder Cut! #itshappening

Posted (edited)

After years of protests, petitions, often vicious pile-ons, and Twitter hashtags, what once seemed impossible is actually happening: WarnerMedia announced on Wednesday that HBO Max would “#ReleasetheSnyderCut,” and be home to a new version of the 2017 superhero film Justice League, overseen by director Zack Snyder. The “Snyder Cut,” if you will, is expected to cost upward of $20 million in order to become a very different movie from the one that Joss Whedon had a hand in cobbling together in reshoots.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/5/21/21266527/zack-snyder-cut-justice-league-changes-differences-darkseid-new-scenes

Edited by Parliament

Snyder has the wrong philosophy for a superhero movie.

I watched a really good breakdown of Man of Steel vs Iron Man. Two very similar movies and Man of Steel didn't work and Iron Man kicked off the biggest movie franchise in history.

It explained how Snyder's handling of Superman was all wrong from the beginning.

1 hour ago, Hawndoh said:

Snyder has the wrong philosophy for a superhero movie.

I watched a really good breakdown of Man of Steel vs Iron Man. Two very similar movies and Man of Steel didn't work and Iron Man kicked off the biggest movie franchise in history.

It explained how Snyder's handling of Superman was all wrong from the beginning.

From what I've read, Snyder didn't care much for Superman, and wanted to do Batman instead, but took Superman as a way to get into DC and do the Batman movie(s) he wanted.

Favreau and company loved the character of Iron Man.

48 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

From what I've read, Snyder didn't care much for Superman, and wanted to do Batman instead, but took Superman as a way to get into DC and do the Batman movie(s) he wanted.

Favreau and company loved the character of Iron Man.

This explains a lot. I liked the part in Man of Steel where Superman allowed Pa Kent to die, so that no one would see him using his superpowers. Because that's totally something Superman would do. 

On 5/22/2020 at 11:19 AM, Red Five said:

This explains a lot. I liked the part in Man of Steel where Superman allowed Pa Kent to die, so that no one would see him using his superpowers. Because that's totally something Superman would do. 

The Donner movie from 1978 handled this in the best manner. Glenn Ford dies from a heart attack after running with Clark. No matter what powers Clark has, he still can’t save his father. Clark even says as much at the ensuing funeral. 

What a powerful moment in the character development for Superman. Not to mention John Williams’ score during the funeral and Clark leaving home shortly after. 

No one has ever really “gotten” Superman since, at least in live action. Paul Dini came closest in the animated series. Snyder certainly didn’t. That’s why Donner and Reeve’s 1978 film is the best. The graphics are hokey, and they could’ve found a better Lois Lane, the character development was spot on.

Posted (edited)

Lol @ anyone clamoring for a longer Zach Snyder movie. That’s like demanding your dentist drill in your mouth longer.

Edited by CurlyDumps

I know it's cool to shit on Snyder, but 300 and Watchmen were solid adaptations. Yes, even with the changed ending to Watchmen.

With that said, yes, everything he's done related to Superman/Justice League/DC since then has been terrible.

The Justice League was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.  Snyder has been good and bad but I'm confident the Snyder cut will be a 1000% improvement. I can't see how it can't be.