Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

Just now, Lobo said:

chicago P.D.?  

You bet - after that they completely stopped doing 'entertainment district crowd clearing'.  This was around 2004.  Up to then CPD would actually have their uniformed, on duty officers clear nightclubs at closing as well as concerts etc.  They stopped doing that and put it on facilities to provide those services.  I'm a pioneer MF's. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zepol87 said:

Why the fuck does tapa only fuck up with this site

057638dcf81090966d443852d24d376f.jpg

I guess he proved it's possible to not kill someone by putting pressure on their neck. Though it's hard to prove it can't kill you because we have some substantial video proof otherwise, plus common fucking sense.

I mean there's a reason why a standard cliche for have no mercy in sports is to put your boot on their throat.

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Why the fuck does tapa only fuck up with this site

057638dcf81090966d443852d24d376f.jpg

That is definitely NOT the knee placement of the cop. Side of the neck where the jugular/carotid carries blood to and from the brain would be the equivalent positioning, not between the shoulder blades. 

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That is definitely NOT the knee placement of the cop. Side of the neck where the jugular/carotid carries blood to and from the brain would be the equivalent positioning, not between the shoulder blades. 

Yeah somebody misrepresenting what happened is pretty low hanging fruit. Surprised there weren't odds on this already posted.

Fuck it, I can't watch that again.

Fuck those pigs. Don't care what the guy was doing prior. Irrelevant. By the time the video starts, he was handcuffed, restrained, and no longer a threat.

No doubt something like this happens every day, all across the country.

Motherfuckers.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Fuck it, I can't watch that again.

Fuck those pigs. Don't care what the guy was doing prior. Irrelevant. By the time the video starts, he was handcuffed, restrained, and no longer a threat.

No doubt something like this happens every day, all across the country.

Motherfuckers.

Before cameras, the cops just told everyone they feared for their lives and most bought it. Well besides a certain demographic because they knew what was going on but they were silenced by the majority and they were labeled as just low life criminals who had it coming. Rodney King really brought it all to light in the early 90s. But Rodney was just one of countless who got that treatment on a nightly basis and absolutely no consequences. He just happened to be filmed. People in those areas screamed for decades and decades about this treatment but no one gave a shit. 

People are now seeing this treatment first hand with all these videos being released. Had this not been recorded, these cops would have made up some bullshit story and it would have stuck. And no one would really know because we know how corrupt they are starting at the top so the truth most likely would not have been released.

I am legitimately shocked that a full-scale war on police hasn't broken out somewhere in this country by now. The more this shit keeps happening there is going to be an inevitable breaking point where a community just says "fuck it" and starts targeting their local police. I'm talking targeted killings of cops, molotov cocktails through your living room window at 3am, legit death threats to your wife and kids...an entire local police force scared to come outside because the people have had enough of the police failing to police themselves. and when that does happen, all we'll be able to say is, "welp, that was the most preventable/foreseeable tragedy ever." unfortunately, these types of extreme measures are often required before anyone with the power to make change actually gives a shit.  

Edited by Goo Punch

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

I am legitimately shocked that a full-scale war on police hasn't broken out somewhere in this country by now. The more this shit keeps happening there is going to be an inevitable breaking point where a community just says "fuck it" and starts targeting their local police. I'm talking targeted killings, molotov cocktails through your living room window at 3am, death threats to your wife and kids...an entire local police force scared to come outside because the people have had enough of the police failing to police themselves. and when that does happen, all we'll be able to say is, "welp, that was the most preventable/foreseeable tragedy ever." unfortunately, these types of extreme measures are often required before anyone with the power to make change actually gives a shit.  

You'd have to get enough people together willing to face the consequences for this cause. And as of now, this is a lost cause. As one of my friends who served 25yrs for murder, said there is not many out there willing to risk their lives and freedom for this. They will protest and maybe things get out of hand and they get slapped with a piddly charge but in terms of what you are saying, that is on another scale.I mean the average American who has a family and job, they are not going to risk all that for this cause. And I don't blame them. They have their own selves and families to worry about. Even the guys who say fuck the cops and are in a life of crime, are not going to risk it. 

Also, the police are so heavily armed and funded, they would wipe out any militia that tires to stand up to them. Even if they somehow got enough together and get by them, the fucking Army would come out and shut all that down. They stand no chance.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

You'd have to get enough people together willing to face the consequences for this cause. And as of now, this is a lost cause. As one of my friends who served 25yrs for murder, said there is not many out there willing to risk their lives and freedom for this. They will protest and maybe things get out of hand and they get slapped with a piddly charge but in terms of what you are saying, that is on another scale.I mean the average American who has a family and job, they are not going to risk all that for this cause. And I don't blame them. They have their own selves and families to worry about. Even the guys who say fuck the cops and are in a life of crime, are not going to risk it. 

Also, the police are so heavily armed and funded, they would wipe out any militia that tires to stand up to them. Even if they somehow got enough together and get by them, the fucking Army would come out and shut all that down. They stand no chance.

there are plenty of entire communities out there with nothing to lose, and a whole lotta anger and guns. can you imagine if the south side of chicago united and turned on the police? if St.Louis wasn't 1,000 different little towns then the Michael Brown incident may have seen more violence after the fact. there are other areas in places like Miami, New Orleans, Memphis, Baltimore, Philly, Cleveland, NJ, etc where it isn't totally unbelievable that something like that could happen under the right (wrong) circumstances. 

and on a somewhat similar note, this is how people get radicalized. i'm sure that anyone with a little charisma and motivation could go recruit a bunch of young people with nothing going for them who want to be a part of something bigger than themselves to form some sort of anti-police militia whose endgame is an actual war on the police, similar to what the taliban has already done here. start a movement online, recruit people, mobilize, and then go to war whenever another egregious police-on-civilian killing occurs.

If the powers-that-be continue to let this bullshit be the status quo then something drastic is going to happen one day, and it's going to be an ever darker and more fucked up time in this country than the one we're currently living in. history has shown that it's not a matter of if, but when the people rise up against this type of shit when the system refuses to correct itself.

We saw in Dallas what an armed protester/assailant on police would get in response. That was a lone actor. You have a coordinated action and it would go full batshit martial law in hours. Posse comitatus might get suspended, especially in this political regime.

Sorry if already posted. But this is the full video. The one in the link was edited way down. This one is the full 10minutes
Also, this is another angle from across the street. Fuck all those fucking cops
Capture.png

My first viewing of this event was the full 10 minutes. I didn’t realize that the edited version was the one referenced in the OP. It really changes the impact, IMO. It’s at lest 4 minutes of the cop just posing on top of a completely lifeless body. Doesn’t even seem real.

I agree with a comment earlier that the main murderer seems to be acting in defiance of the mean words from non-whites without blue stripe American flag bumper stickers.

This other angle shit showing all 4 cops...JFC.
  • Like 1

Surprised this hasn't been on here, but supposedly Derek Chauvin, the officer in question, was front and center at the Minneapolis Trump rally where dozens of officers wore "Cops for Trump" shirts because they were not allowed to show up in uniform.  People are claiming that's him to the left of the older blond lady.

trump-rally-minneapolis.jpg

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.

This pic is fucking hilarious and oozes propaganda. How many people really feel secure when they see the cops? Very little. We have been programmed over time (mainly because of them) to fear the cops. It's a us against them mentality. They love that people fear them and use that to their advantage. They also know they can get away with a lot and have little consequences. I do like that over time, those consequences are becoming more severe. Mainly because a lot of this shit is now on camera. It used to only be their word against yours and guess which the courts are going to believe?
Any time they come on the scene, shit seems to get escalated because cops going to cops. The only times I have ever called the cops in my life is when my car was broken into and when it was stolen. For the only purpose to have the police report on file for insurance. Nothing more. I'd never ever call the cops if some incident went down with family or friends. They are coming there to arrest someone and stir up shit.
I'm honestly to the point of thinking it wouldn't be so bad if we just fucking disbanded the police. At least the traffic and patrol units that end up doing shit like this. Crime probably wouldn't go up all that much. They're a net negative on society.
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

Surprised this hasn't been on here, but supposedly Derek Chauvin, the officer in question, was front and center at the Minneapolis Trump rally where dozens of officers wore "Cops for Trump" shirts because they were not allowed to show up in uniform.  People are claiming that's him to the left of the older blond lady.

trump-rally-minneapolis.jpg

So what?

Thinking about this story last night, and some VERY old memories came flooding back of being a terrified kid, police shenanigans, and seeing the biggest bruises I've ever seen.  I'll tell the whole story later, but it got me wondering: how many of us have either been victims of violent police abuse, or have close family members who have been?

I mean, I know most of us have stories of the police flat-out lying (I'll never forget the cop at Mopac and Enfield who insisted that he had clocked me doing 45 in a 30, and I just stared at him amazed, as I had watched my speedometer from the moment I left the stoplight, and I hadn't even hit 30 mph yet).  But beyond that sort of shit -- how many of us have been touched directly by illegal police violence?  I'd wager it's a lot more of us than you think.  Maybe that needs its own thread.

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Thinking about this story last night, and some VERY old memories came flooding back of being a terrified kid, police shenanigans, and seeing the biggest bruises I've ever seen.  I'll tell the whole story later, but it got me wondering: how many of us have either been victims of violent police abuse, or have close family members who have been?

I mean, I know most of us have stories of the police flat-out lying (I'll never forget the cop at Mopac and Enfield who insisted that he had clocked me doing 45 in a 30, and I just stared at him amazed, as I had watched my speedometer from the moment I left the stoplight, and I hadn't even hit 30 mph yet).  But beyond that sort of shit -- how many of us have been touched directly by illegal police violence?  I'd wager it's a lot more of us than you think.  Maybe that needs its own thread.

When I was doing medical malpractice defense law, the two plaintiffs I caught clearly and repeatedly perjuring themselves were both cops.  One of them lied about anything and everything, and just perjured his way through his deposition, even about little, pointless nonsense that had next to nothing to do with his case.  And the lies were obvious at the time.  He clearly was used to perjuring himself in court and thought he'd never be called on it.

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Probably not great to have someone who just participated in a murder to be (literally) elevated on a national stage and represent police as a whole. Sort of sends the wrong message, ya know?

I mean, I just don't see how the connection is at all relevant, except for the fact that he was (apparently -- I still want some confirmation that's him) front and center at a rally for a person who LITERALLY SAID THESE EXACT WORDS:

when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just see them thrown in, rough, I said, please don't be too nice. Like when you guys put somebody in the car and you're protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over, like, don't hit their head and they've just killed somebody. Don't hit their head. I said, you can take the hand away, okay?

The culture of, and endorsing, police brutality, is a lot deeper and broader than just the LEOs themselves.  We've got a serious social sickness.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 9

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I mean, I just don't see how the connection is at all relevant, except for the fact that he was front and center at a rally for a person who LITERALLY SAID THESE EXACT WORDS:

The culture of, and endorsing, police brutality, is a lot deeper and broader than just the LEOs themselves.  We've got a serious social sickness.

That combined with the fact that George Floyd wasn't even officer Chauvin's first kill,  and the fact that the officer had been the subject of about a half dozen complaints makes the connection more relevant, IMO.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

When I was 17, some friends and I went driving down a dirt road right behind one guys house. It was just behind the fence line of an old neighborhood but close to where they were starting a new development. As we were heading home after about 20 minutes, we were swarmed by four or five cop cars. We stopped, thinking they would tell us to head on home.

Cops jump out of their vehicles, guns pointed at us, screaming for us to get on the ground. They chain us together and accuse us of all types of strange things. They said that we were trespassing on an environmental preserve for an endangered species, which was a felony, and the department would soon own our trucks. Talked all types of shit to us for hours while they waited for wreckers to impound the trucks. It was 20 yards from a construction zone so that made no sense. 

They took us DT and booked us on all types of charges that had nothing to do with driving down a dirt road. They all got dropped but I always wondered what that would have played out like if we weren’t clean cut white kids from the burbs with college educated parents.

/csb 

51 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

More than one would probably think, but way too few to make any difference. Change will only happen if enough people can empathize with those who are treated so poorly by police. That number also is way too low.

8 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I am legitimately shocked that a full-scale war on police hasn't broken out somewhere in this country by now. The more this shit keeps happening there is going to be an inevitable breaking point where a community just says "fuck it" and starts targeting their local police. I'm talking targeted killings of cops, molotov cocktails through your living room window at 3am, legit death threats to your wife and kids...an entire local police force scared to come outside because the people have had enough of the police failing to police themselves. and when that does happen, all we'll be able to say is, "welp, that was the most preventable/foreseeable tragedy ever." unfortunately, these types of extreme measures are often required before anyone with the power to make change actually gives a shit.  

They have fucking tanks, and make no mistake that today's leaders would deploy the national guard against them with fighter jets and unlimited ammunition. Even the bazooka wielding 2A snowflakes wouldn't stand a chance, and they all "back the blue" when it comes to police executions of blacks--er, sorry "thugs". A bunch of angry, poorly armed citizens aren't going to get far with any sort of "war" in the streets. Under the current leadership, the protesters would likely be lined up and publicly executed, and 60 million voters would cheer. That's our reality and why this keeps happening and won't change any time soon, probably ever.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

there are plenty of entire communities out there with nothing to lose, and a whole lotta anger and guns. can you imagine if the south side of chicago united and turned on the police? if St.Louis wasn't 1,000 different little towns then the Michael Brown incident may have seen more violence after the fact. there are other areas in places like Miami, New Orleans, Memphis, Baltimore, Philly, Cleveland, NJ, etc where it isn't totally unbelievable that something like that could happen under the right (wrong) circumstances. 

and on a somewhat similar note, this is how people get radicalized. i'm sure that anyone with a little charisma and motivation could go recruit a bunch of young people with nothing going for them who want to be a part of something bigger than themselves to form some sort of anti-police militia whose endgame is an actual war on the police, similar to what the taliban has already done here. start a movement online, recruit people, mobilize, and then go to war whenever another egregious police-on-civilian killing occurs.

If the powers-that-be continue to let this bullshit be the status quo then something drastic is going to happen one day, and it's going to be an ever darker and more fucked up time in this country than the one we're currently living in. history has shown that it's not a matter of if, but when the people rise up against this type of shit when the system refuses to correct itself.

But the thing is, do they want to do deal with the blowback? It's easy to protest and talk on social media but they know taking on the cops in this country is almost a deathwish. Or life in prison because we know the justice system does not take any crime against a cop lightly. The sad thing is, it has gotten so far out of control, they almost just have to deal with it. Middle class America does not give a damn what happens in the impoverished areas of town or what the cops do to them. Most still have this idea they all deserved it because they are criminals. But school shooters and other mass murderers are lightly cuffed and made sure they don't receive a scratch on them. 

I honestly don't know what the tipping point would be. Because they have been dealing with this forever now. As many say, racism is not getting worse, it's just getting filmed. Now all of the world sees what is going on and what has always been going on.

And as someone said earlier, does the police really need to be armed like the damn military? It's almost like they are another branch of the military and they patrol the streets trying to induce fear. They thrive off being feared.

1) improve standards for recruitment and screening of prospective cops.  Don't hire fucking moronic psychos.

2) impose real standards on use of force, including clear prohibitions on certain acts that are overly harmful (chokes, etc.)

3) make damages awards payable out of police pension funds, and such deductions are not deemed a "shortfall" in funding.

Just a few ideas.  Which will  never happen.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 'stache said:

They have fucking tanks, and make no mistake that today's leaders would deploy the national guard against them with fighter jets and unlimited ammunition. Even the bazooka wielding 2A snowflakes wouldn't stand a chance, and they all "back the blue" when it comes to police executions of blacks--er, sorry "thugs". A bunch of angry, poorly armed citizens aren't going to get far with any sort of "war" in the streets. Under the current leadership, the protesters would likely be lined up and publicly executed, and 60 million voters would cheer. That's our reality and why this keeps happening and won't change any time soon, probably ever.

Yep. That is what I was saying. It is a lost cause to them. They know they can't win. If they try it, they will get blown away. Normal people do not have the weapons and fleets they have. They would drive tanks into the crowd and shut that down in a second.

But something has to be done. Like for real. And it all starts from their side. Mainly at the top. But it's engraved from the academy that you never turn on your "brother in blue". Doesn't mean if you see your own partner beat and rape a woman, you help cover it up. And turn it against the victim. Hell, these fucking cops were suspended with pay at first. Until this shit blew the fuck up and there was no way that was going to fly. So they were fired. But will the cops speak out against this behavior? Absolutely not. They turn a blind eye to it.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

1) improve standards for recruitment and screening of prospective cops.  Don't hire fucking moronic psychos.

2) impose real standards on use of force, including clear prohibitions on certain acts that are overly harmful (chokes, etc.)

3) make damages awards payable out of police pension funds, and such deductions are not deemed a "shortfall" in funding.

No way they improve the standards of recruiting. This is how they get so many to apply. Because anyone with any brain waves can apply and get through the academy. Many want to be a cop to make up for some insecurity they have. They want a badge and gun and want people to fear them. So many are moronic mouthbreathers who have very little intelligence.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

4.  Prosecute them.

This asshole is on video murdering someone, and three others as accessories to murder.  They need to be in jail now.  And the enhanced penalties for killing cops, well cops that abuse the power we give them should also be subject to those enhanced penalties.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

No way they improve the standards of recruiting. This is how they get so many to apply. Because anyone with any brain waves can apply and get through the academy. Many want to be a cop to make up for some insecurity they have. They want a badge and gun and want people to fear them. So many are moronic mouthbreathers who have very little intelligence.

What's sad is a ton of people don't make it through the academy, because they are seriously that fucking stupid, or are that fucking unstable mentally that even the cops turn them away. Those that make it are seriously kings among mental midgets.

Edited by 'stache

The only way to reduce incidents like these is to ensure that there is punishment.  The only way to ensure that there is punishment is to take the punishment/review out of the hands of the police and DA. Every shooting and excessive force claim needs to be reviewed by a completely independent civilian board with the power to suspend, fire and recommend prosecution. All prosecutions should be handled by a office that is completely independent of the district attorney.

• Like 4

The cops are well armed. Armed citizenry won’t deter them, they will ramp up and win with an overpowering show of force. At the same time, any and all protests whether peaceful, destructive, or violent will reinforce the us vs them mentality the police have. 
it’s a no win situation for creating change. It’s like trying to change the culture at aggy, all attempts are seen as hostile threats and eschewed immediately. 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Again, I want verification that these are actually photos of that cop (the Trump rally picture, etc.).  I don't want to bite on it without verification.

Even if it’s not him, and we all look alike, it still begs the question as to what the fuck that nasty looking shit is in his hand.

• Haha 1