Minneapolis is Burning

F250

• 2 weeks later...

BORTAC was authorized to summarily execute rioters at george floyd's funeral.  wtf are border patrol snipers doing at a funeral?

Pearland officials also welcomed a large contingent of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents to the city, including dozens of members of the immigration agency’s militarized tactical unit. Known as BORTAC, it’s equipped with military-grade firepower and commando-style uniforms, and deploys to conflict zones “around the world,” according to the agency.

With the burial occurring in the wake of nationwide protests that in some instances turned violent, city records show that law enforcement prepared for the worst-case scenario in Pearland. The records show local and federal officials were ready and willing to open fire, even as the nation was undergoing a reckoning over systemic racism and excessive use of force by police in the aftermath of Floyd’s death.

The “rules of engagement” outlined in the documents show that CBP’s tactical unit was “geared up ready to deploy” in response to “verbal aggressive language” by protesters, or the throwing of empty water bottles. If the situation escalated to full water bottles or bricks being thrown, agents were authorized to use “less lethal/gas munitions.” If faced with more aggressive behavior that the officers believed could cause them imminent harm, the documents make clear: “deadly force is authorized anytime.”

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dz7zd/border-patrol-snipers-were-authorized-to-use-deadly-force-at-george-floyds-burial

the problem, of course, is that the texas penal code doesn't authorize deadly force any time.  it only authorized deadly force when force is authorized and the kickers present in 9.32(2)(a) or (b) are present, being to protect the actor against unlawful deadly force or to prevent the other imminently murdering, aggravated kidnapping, robbing, or sexually assaulting someone

Edited by elfenix

• 3 weeks later...

This will blow the minds of all those Fox News watchers.

• Minneapolis riots started/escalated by Right Wing Extremists 
  • RWE shot at police headquarters in Minneapolis
  • RWE murdered police officer in California
  • RWE goal was to incite racial tension and violence and make it look like it was BLM protesters
  • RWE trying to kidnap and execute governors and mayors...
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

when alt-righters stopped causing violence and mayhem. Or did you want a fake answer to go along with your incoming fake narrative?

Incorrect. 

Things calmed down pretty abruptly as soon as Biden and Kamala caved and denounced the use of violence. 

If one side can essentially turn it off, then it makes sense that they turned it on. 

Or are you going to tell me the right wing extremists followed the advice of Biden and Kamala? 

• Fuck You 9

30 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

lol this idiot

I thought of a fun although admittedly unscientific way of illustrating my point. 

Biden came out denouncing violence on all sides etc on August 31st. 

The number of pages in this thread from its inception until August 31st

The number of pages in this thread from August 31st until today. 

I guess you’re going to tell me a lot of reasons that explain that disparity. It’s too large of a disparity to dismiss as a coincidence imo. 

Joe and Kamala “turned off” most of the street violence. Who do they have influence over? Right wing extremists? No. Therefore most of the instigators were left wingers. It’s pretty simple really. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

9 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I thought of a fun although admittedly unscientific way of illustrating my point. 

Biden came out denouncing violence on all sides etc on August 31st. 

The number of pages in this thread from its inception until August 31st

The number of pages in this thread from August 31st until today. 

I guess you’re going to tell me a lot of reasons that explain that disparity. It’s too large of a disparity to dismiss as a coincidence imo. 

Joe and Kamala “turned off” most of the street violence. Who do they have influence over? Right wing extremists? No. Therefore most of the instigators were left wingers. It’s pretty simple really. 

image.gif.2f8f63356d847f68fb0b2063180bbf58.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Incorrect. 

Things calmed down pretty abruptly as soon as Biden and Kamala caved and denounced the use of violence. 

If one side can essentially turn it off, then it makes sense that they turned it on. 

Or are you going to tell me the right wing extremists followed the advice of Biden and Kamala? 

Such. Fucking. Bullshit.  Try harder.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-biden-condemn-violence/fact-check-joe-biden-has-condemned-violent-protests-in-the-last-three-months-idUSKBN25V2O1

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Joe has been speaking out against the violence within the protests for months.

He was most emphatic here. This was after the RNC when polling and public opinion were shifting against Ds and their association with the riots. Don’t pretend this wasn’t a more substantial move. 

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/election-2020/biden-to-denounce-rioting-and-looting-amid-unrest-place-blame-on-trump-in-monday-address

Edited by GRHorn
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jesus. You fucking people. @Fud rolls in here, reads this thread, and volunteers that he found it interesting and that he would keep reading for new ideas to challenge his assumptions. And you guys literally can’t get out of your way to try and rip out his throat. 

it’s a Friday night and I’m scrolling through and in the span of the 20 minutes I put my phone down I come back to “47 new messages.” I don’t even know how to describe this behavior. It’s literally like jade showing up and a bunch of thirsty dipshits falling all over themselves trying to get a piece. I realize the migration of chicken sandwich and Johnny Sack and maninblack from this forum have left you guys blue of balls and hard up as hell for someone to crush, but this is the wrong dude, you clowns. 

everyone here is smart enough and recognizes the fact that most younger people identify with their parents and surrounding politics of their youth. I’ve been that guy. Half the fucks here were that guy a few short years ago. Looking at you, @hayden_horn. Yet when another young guy shows up with intellectual curiosity everyone falls all over themselves to show their fucking asses. Maybe next time don’t force someone to drink straight from the fire hydrant...

Wrong thread buddy

On 10/23/2020 at 7:15 PM, Hank Scorpio said:

Fud is the leader of the Boogaloo Bois. 

I'm still blown away this name. First, and I could be misinformed here, but the term Boogaloo was mostly appropriated by non-white people over time. Second, again just my understanding, is that Bois was mostly co-opted by the gay community. Their use of both of those terms together just cracks me the fuck up. Carry on.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

But but but he had a knife 

Both had a knife. One got shot. One didn’t. One got lucky and one didn’t in my book. 

If you come at cops, brandishing a knife, after being warned multiple times, you can’t be surprised at getting blown the fuck up.

Would you agree?

It looked like a suicide by cop to me, but I’m glad they’re rioting over it. Makes a lot of sense. 🙄 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

Both had a knife. One got shot. One didn’t. One got lucky and one didn’t in my book. 

If you come at cops, brandishing a knife, after being warned multiple times, you can’t be surprised at getting blown the fuck up.

Would you agree?

It looked like a suicide by cop to me, but I’m glad they’re rioting over it. Makes a lot of sense. 🙄 

You're deranged. They shot that dude like 12 times.

• Hook 'Em 1

i have to admit, i hadn't really been following this story and then suddenly, i was seeing reports of rioting/looting in Philadelphia and i said to myself  "what happened? Did a white cop shoot and kill a black guy?"

sure enough.

a tragic cause and effect, once again, plays out.

but yeah, go ahead and focus on the effect and ignore the cause. that always works out.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

True.  Pretty fucked up.  Let’s go get some new sneakers for justice and whatnot. 

Hah you dumb bitches love to jack off to the shitty rioting as if it excuses murder. No wonder right wing nut jobs started some of these riots.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, yoladu said:

i have to admit, i hadn't really been following this story and then suddenly, i was seeing reports of rioting/looting in Philadelphia and i said to myself  "what happened? Did a white cop shoot and kill a black guy?"

sure enough.

a tragic cause and effect, once again, plays out.

but yeah, go ahead and focus on the effect and ignore the cause. that always works out.

i wish i could rep this more than once. I will try nonetheless.