Jump to content
cmontexas

My Goddamn Cellphone Doesnt Work

Recommended Posts

Anyone else on T Mobile dealing with this shit? 4G and internet works but cant send or receive calls or messages.

Any tinfoil out there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T customers are experiencing issues placing calls across the US, according to user reports on Downdetector and on social media. While AT&T tells The Verge that its network is “operating normally,” T-Mobile has now confirmed that it’s working to fix “a voice and data issue that has been affecting customers around the country.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This chick Ive been trying to pipe could be sending me the wyd right now and I'll never fucking know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Anyone else on T Mobile dealing with this shit? 4G and internet works but cant send or receive calls or messages.

Any tinfoil out there?

It's coming boys & girls...

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

If Red Dawn happened today, this is how it would start.

WOLVERINES!

giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

ATT here and I could not make a call to another mobile, but to a land line worked.  Glad to know it is not just me.

Edited by Moby Ric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moby Ric said:

ATT here and I could not make a call to another mobile, but to a land line worked.  Glad to know it is not just me.

That is not just you that still has a land line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EuroHorn said:

That is not just you that still has a land line?

I called a land line.  No boomer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only received one text in the last 2 hours and it wasn't in response to anything I had sent. My shit's borked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

This chick Ive been trying to pipe could be sending me the wyd right now and I'll never fucking know

She is going with an eight inch pipe instead of your compact four. But she said it was cute. 

image.png.b20494170e184c794fc85bb2968d8c03.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

Anyone else on T Mobile dealing with this shit? 4G and internet works but cant send or receive calls or messages.

Now you can put the phone down, and be a man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Ya gotdam rubes...

 

My 2020 Bingo card is filling up. DDOS attack - Complete.

I need a super volcano eruption for a bingo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't had to hang up on any robocallers today. 

Profit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

My 2020 Bingo card is filling up. DDOS attack - Complete.

I need a super volcano eruption for a bingo. 

season 10 man GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to call t-mobile with my phone, I couldn't call or text anyone else. All I got was they were having technical difficulties and hung up on me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I was able to call t-mobile with my phone, I couldn't call or text anyone else. All I got was they were having technical difficulties and hung up on me

You are the 1,000,000th customer who's called to complain. I think they know the problem without your having to open another trouble ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

You are the 1,000,000th customer who's called to complain. I think they know the problem without your having to open another trouble ticket.

I wasn't calling to complain, I was bored and curious if my phone worked at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I wasn't calling to complain, I was bored and curious if my phone worked at all.

you wasted your one call for the day. better hope your an earthquake doesn't strike your house so that you'll have to call your kids to tell them you left them no inheritance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RPM said:

I haven't had to hang up on any robocallers today. 

Profit?

Hey man, I've been meaning to talk to you about your car's extended warranty. 

 

In other news, my phone just went off like a firm alarm, I got 25+ texts in about 15 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

You are the 1,000,000th customer who's called to complain. I think they know the problem without your having to open another trouble ticket.

As a former IT support professional,  I disagree. Trouble tickets=$. Sure we hate you when calling but it keeps the Bill's paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use Google Project Fi which swaps between Tmo and Sprint. 

I hate people and never want to talk to any so I never noticed that no one was fucking bothering me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I use Google Project Fi which swaps between Tmo and Sprint. 

I hate people and never want to talk to any so I never noticed that no one was fucking bothering me.

Same

My CEO tried to call me twice today and I was cracking on his lack of technical proficiency because I could call him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cmontexas said:

This chick Ive been trying to pipe could be sending me the wyd right now and I'll never fucking know

Better head over there just in case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happened to us. 3 phones between the family. I would've never noticed if the wife didnt bring it to my attention.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sandman said:

Hey man, I've been meaning to talk to you about your car's extended warranty. 

 

In other news, my phone just went off like a firm alarm, I got 25+ texts in about 15 seconds.

What adult male gets 25+ texts during a few hour outage period? Are you a jiggalo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

What adult male gets 25+ texts during a few hour outage period? Are you a jiggalo?

I would guess a married one whose wife asked a simple question at first, he didnt immediately respond, which resulted in 2 more quick texts asking why he didnt respond... which were ignored, followed by another 20 texts over the next hour demanding he respond to her... all the way up until the point where she realized it was HER phone that wasnt working and she stopped sending them.... but the phones never forget.

 

and dont worry, its still his fault

Edited by AUS-97HORN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

What adult male gets 25+ texts during a few hour outage period? Are you a jiggalo?

I'm working from home, so I text coworkers and also my friends because I'm bored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the technically inclined, the CEO of cloudflare has a pretty good thread of discussion on the event

 

TL:DR - TMobile/Sprint dun goofed while integrating their networks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2020 at 3:46 PM, Homercles said:

Derka last week was posting about problem with his TMobile phone.  Maybe send him a message, privately, to see if he’s having similar problems today.  

cl9NGE.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, crazy that Tmobile operating procedures didn't have a backup protocols to undo the network change. That is standard operating procedure for VZ, at least when I worked there. We had to use it numerous times when network changes borked the network. It was minutes of downtown and usually only affected smaller geographical areas. We never did a ginormous change for the entire network. That was a no no.

It took 6 hours of a catastrophic outage for them to fix the shit. Probably some people at TMO were just fired for this incredible shit show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...