Trump Pardon Watch Thread

Hookah Horns

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Pardons tend to be a sordid business, particularly when you consider there are possibly thousands of draconian sentences in the federal system thanks to the stupid ass guidelines.

Leave it to Trump to take it to 11, though.

On the flip side, it's definitely a sign that Trump accepts that he's out of power come January 20th.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

No, fuckhead, he had evidence.  His best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw the Blackwater guys NOT shoot any civilians at 31 Flavors last night.   And that TOTALLY voids whatever "evidence" you think the "court" may have heard at the "trial."

Thank you, Simone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What big names are left on the already convicted list? I’m interested to see when we get to the names on the to-be indicted list. I have to guess that even trump will avoid family pardons until after Jan 5th and 6th.

WTF do you call Kirshner? 

After overriding every dotard executive order, Biden's first order of business should be to pardon Hunter and Hillary's email machine.  Justification being we don't need the GOP wasting 4 years of your tax payer money on bullshit that you God damn well know is well... bullshit.

You got something else?  Bring it.

• Hook 'Em 1

it’s not playing well, and nobody cares, because everyone expected it, because of course they did. 

everyone gets in trouble for russia, trump dangles pardons, they refuse to turn on him, and now they get their pardons. and as an added bonus, now fox news/oann/etc can act like russia was a hoax, because nothing happened to trump. 

that type of circular logic could only work on, well, exactly who it’s working on. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

Charles Kushner is a garbage person, just a reminder. He hired a prostitute to seduce his brother’s wife and gave a sex tape to his own sister during his nephew’s engagement party. That’s in addition to witness tampering and tax evasion.

Ordinarily I wouldn’t say “the crimes of the father....” But Jared Kushner is a garbage person, too. By all accounts he engaged in a revenge campaign against the U.S. attorney for doing his job and prosecuting crimes.  He could, you know, be a man and say “he’s my dad and I love him, but he did something wrong and has to accept that responsibility.”

But he’s a simpering, smug, coddled pissant in a skinny suit and not a man. I like to imagine the future as a boot, stamping on Jared Kushner’s face, forever.

• Hook 'Em 4

16 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

So now that Manafort and Stone have received pardons they can't take the 5th to avoid testifying against Donald or junior correct?

Although I fully expect them to commit perjury if they are ever called to testify though.

Correct and also correct.

• Hook 'Em 2

In the middle of the night on Sept. 21, 1995, a local Prince George’s County police burglary stakeout unit found two homeless men on the empty roof of a business, eating food they had found in the trash in Takoma Park, Md. Ordered down from the roof, Ricardo Mendez and his friend willingly climbed down. Lit by a police helicopter above and facing a brick wall, the two men were surrounded by police officers, some with guns drawn, and Mohr holding her German shepherd on a leash. Both men obeyed commands and stood facing the wall with their hands up.

It should have been over. It wasn’t.

A police sergeant later testified that he was approached by Mohr’s supervising officer who said, “Hey Sarge, we got a new dog. Mind if it gets a bite?” The sergeant gave consent, and Mohr set her dog to attack Mendez, an undocumented immigrant whose only crime was seeking a safe place to eat and sleep. Mohr testified that she was doing her job as trained, and the victim needed “only 10 stitches.”

Think about that: only 10 stitches. Mohr disregarded her training to give her dog a taste of flesh and blood.

This was no accident or split-second mistake. It was a willful and deliberate act of police brutality. It was also not Mohr’s first — and there was a pattern to the violence. Evidence at trial showed that Mohr had previously released her dog on a Black teenager sleeping in a hammock in his own backyard. She had threatenedthe relatives of a fugitive that she would let her dog attack their “black ass” if they did not tell her where he was. There were other incidents that the jury did not even learn about, including one in which Mohr put her dog into a trash dumpster to attack a man who had fled from police.

At trial, in addition to the police sergeant at the scene who pleaded guilty and went to jail for his role, numerous police officer witnesses testified about the incident. The jury convicted Mohr and the presiding judge gave her a significant prison sentence. A unanimous panel of judges on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, one of the most conservative appellate courts in the country, affirmed her conviction. Mohr was released after serving a 10-year sentence.

In early December, Mohr made a direct appeal to the president for a pardon by going on Newsmax. She spewed falsehoods about the case, claiming she had been made a scapegoat. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The White House statement announcing her pardon noted that it reflected her “service and the lengthy term that Ms. Mohr served in prison,” adding, “Officer Mohr was a highly commended member of the police force prior to her prosecution.” Actually, she had been sued at least four times for brutality, was twice found to have made false statements to a superior and was flagged as a potential problem officer by the department’s early warning system.

• Rage+1 5

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

no, silly.

in soviet russia, putin pardons you.

I know you joke and I get the absurdity of the ground we’re treading on with the notion, but if Trump CAN pardon Putin, it wouldn’t shock me to see that happen on his way out the door. Putin would have the ultimate scoreboard pwn of all time (in case owning a US President for 4 years wasn’t enough)

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

11 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Trump released an Israeli spy who sold secrets to Israel in the 80s 

To be fair, Pollard was released from prison on parole in 2015.  Parole travel restrictions prevented him from leaving the country.

It's not even clear to me whether he received a pardon, a commutation, or the DOJ altered the terms of his parole, or if the travel restriction expired of its own terms.

In a lot of ways, 30 years is enough time for about 99% of offenses.  It's an adult lifetime.  "Deportation" to the country you spied for seems fitting.

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

To be fair, Pollard was released from prison on parole in 2015.  Parole travel restrictions prevented him from leaving the country.

It's not even clear to me whether he received a pardon, a commutation, or the DOJ altered the terms of his parole, or if the travel restriction expired of its own terms.

In a lot of ways, 30 years is enough time for about 99% of offenses.  It's an adult lifetime.  "Deportation" to the country you spied for seems fitting.

Nice of Sheldon Adelson to give him a lift.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

To be fair, travel restrictions while on parole are not the same thing as being stuck in prison. Maybe we don’t want him to get a debriefing from the country who he spied on us for?

Let’s not start pretending dotard is being a humanitarian here. He got paid to let this happen. Pure and simple.

• Hook 'Em 1

I mean, he’s no Varg right?

7 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

To be fair, travel restrictions while on parole are not the same thing as being stuck in prison. Maybe we don’t want him to get a debriefing from the country who he spied on us for?

Let’s not start pretending dotard is being a humanitarian here. He got paid to let this happen. Pure and simple.

What?  He was released from prison in 2015.  Trump had shit to do with that.

And, I did some looking, the travel restrictions expired by their own terms in November.

I didn't call Trump a humanitarian.  He had nothing to do with this.

My other comments were general observations on justice.

I'm sure a debriefing, 35 years later, is immensely important to Israel and couldn't have been accomplished here.

Christ on a cracker.

Edited by TwiceHorn

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

What?  He was released from prison in 2015.  Trump had shit to do with that.

And, I did some looking, the travel restrictions expired by their own terms in November.

I didn't call Trump a humanitarian.  He had nothing to do with this.

Well given what you found it looks like we are both talking about and semi arguing over nothing then. Happens on the net. Peace.

• Hook 'Em 1

I get cranky when it appears people think I said or attribute things to me that I didn't say.

I thought I had remembered that Pollard was released from his term of imprisonment some years ago, but didn't remember the circumstances.  And I had seen something about his return to Israel, but nothing about a pardon or commutation or anything.

So there was still federal parole when he was sentenced, so he got out a little early (45 years was a presumptive life sentence back then, resulting in virtually automatic parole if alive) on the watch of the Obama DOJ.  I don't really have a problem with that.

There may be some Trumpian connection to all this, but it's not clear. Just "bad timing."

• Hook 'Em 1