What Is The Most Alcohol You Have Consumed in any 24 Hour Period?

Vic Mackey

Twice.  One I don't remember and one I do.  The one I don't remember I was later told that I drank a fifth of Comfort and about half a fifth of Jack Daniels.  They said that I tried to fight the ground and got my ass kicked.  Felt like it the next day.

Second time five fast tequila shots on an empty stomach and an hour of dry heaves.  Not fun, either.

3 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

One time I had a lot of gin. Like maybe the whole bottle. I woke up like maybe two days later. That was probably the most. 

Also tried to drink two 40s in Vegas. That was a failure. 

Back in my college days I knocked back a half gallon of gin along with God knows what else over a 20 hour binge session.  I was probably legally drunk for at least two days after.  Another consequence was losing feeling in my left pinkie and ring fingers for the following three days.

3 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

There was a place near campus in 1985 called Angles that had an all you can drink happy hour for a cover charge. Watched my friend drink 23 screwdrivers in 2 hours. Fell down on the stairs at the Union later and opened his skull.

Some buddies and I went hogging there one night.  One of the buddies was squaring up with a dude outside and I started to trot over there.  Someone tackled me to the asphalt and had my arms so I couldn't break my fall.  Ten stitches in my eyebrow and a scar that persists to this day.  Also sprained my thumb and couldn't button my jeans for a week.

I distinctly remember trying the first time on Monday morning and looking helplessly at my roommate.  He said "don't look at me, man."

18 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Back in my college days I knocked back a half gallon of gin along with God knows what else over a 20 hour binge session.  I was probably legally drunk for at least two days after.  Another consequence was losing feeling in my left pinkie and ring fingers for the following three days.

This was back in college. I supposedly walked my sister back to Duren from my house near 32nd a red river and I do not remember it at all. 

52 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I don't know but Vic safe to say you're gonna be the champ.  The amount of liquor you would have to pour on one of your girls to do a body shot gives you a clear schematic advantage. 

are you suggesting that most of Vic's girls are shaped like Charlie Weis?

• Like 1

Went to a house party off of MoPac my junior year and woke up on the beach at Padre Island the next morning with three friends. Between the four of us we had a gas card, $17 and a bottle of...

...ouzo.

I was informed that I had driven the second half. 

That was a looooooong drive home.

• Hook 'Em 1

For an entire 24 hours, easily at a country music festival I used to frequent in my prime. Passing out at X AM, waking up at X AM and just drink the entire day, party and stumble around other campgrounds and find more parties. Maybe or maybe not make it into the concert venue. When you arrive home on Sunday, that first shit, shower and fast food meal is heaven.

18 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If you can remember the amount you drank then it wasn’t that much.

I tend to agree although I can recall a tally on some pretty debaucherous drinking sessions. You need some kind of reference point though...  the empty case of beer in the fridge or handle of vodka on the counter in the morning. I feel like it's harder to keep track of how much you've had when you're at a bar and especially if mixed drinks are involved. 

Regardless, I'm guessing one of my more prolific sessions was when I drank in Vegas for 18 hours straight. 35-40 is my guess but I really don't know. Top 5 hangover for sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Worse was actually when I was about 40. Had a client Christmas party on Thursday night and i got pretty hammered. Then Friday was an early happy hour with a few clients, then our company Christmas party. After that, our IT company invited me over for post party drinks. 

Woke up the next morning vomiting and could stop. My wife was with her parents (Her mom is an ER Doc). Finally around 6 PM I called my wife to come take me to the ER. 

Best part, when her and my mom come to pick me up. And her mom said to my wife"I should probably drive rather than you. He's already nauseous enough"

• Haha 1

Not sure of real/ total quantity, but on 25th birthday out with some buddies from college and a couple of fellow Marines; I did my 'Puke and rally routine' after they "made me" do 2 tequila shots followed by chugging a pitcher of beer. Kept all of that down for...um...about 30 seconds, tops.

Then I proceeded to  drink most of a handle of Wild Turkey.  Like some others have described in the thread, I'm pretty sure I was legally drunk for most of the next day.

Of course I swore off tequila.  Still love Wild Turkey...

We owe land in Canada on an island. Beachfront property. It’s absolutely beautiful. 

4 Canadian neighbors and I last Labor Day weekend bought 4 cases of the very, very excellent (and unknown to Americans) La Fin du Monde. 5 hours in I went to grab another cooler and we were out. 

I’ve been drunker but that’s the most I’ve ever drank, I’m pretty sure. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I can't give you exact numbers. I can remember things that happened.

1. Go Home, Dog. An all-day drunk around town concluded at night at a friend's house a block from my house. When I walked out his door, I couldn't remember how to walk home. Like, I was a block away, and couldn't remember. Then I looked down, and there was my dog, grinning at me. "Hey. HE knows how to get home!" "Go home, boy, go home!" And I followed him home.

2. Various Army Near-Blackouts. I call them "near" because I would have forgotten what happened if not for various injuries, usually caused by attempting to fly. Only Superman can fly.

3. Wake up ye fookin bastards. I got drunk in an Irish Bar where I was friends with the Irish bartenders. I was so drunk that the Irish thought I was too drunk. They put me on a couch in the Charles Dickens slum apartment they inhabited above the bar. In the morning I woke up because another Irishman, the Alpha-Mick Boss Irishman, came banging up the stairwell yelling abuse at all of us like it was 1870 and we had a railbed to dig. I was ready to grab me pick and me shovel and me old dynamite. But instead I just stumbled into the bathroom and sorta kinda pissed blood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

We owe land in Canada on an island. Beachfront property. It’s absolutely beautiful. 

4 Canadian neighbors and I last Labor Day weekend bought 4 cases of the very, very excellent (and unknown to Americans) La Fin du Monde. 5 hours in I went to grab another cooler and we were out. 

I’ve been drunker but that’s the most I’ve ever drank, I’m pretty sure. 

This beer is well known, once you get beyond the folks who just drink the Bud/Miller/ Coors Lights of the world.

Good stuff, and that's a shit-ton for 5 hours...LMAO.

Edited by slorch

A 5 liter box of Franzia Merlot in about 8 hours, at home. Had a night job, next day was rough. Done a handle of 101 Turkey in about 12 hours, but with about half an ounce of llello to keep going.....I loved college...thirty years ago.

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF
box not bottle

Last August, I drank a full bottle of Old Forester 1910 over the course of 6 hours or so. 

I also had a half capsule of molly for the first time, so my friend said this must have counteracted some of the liquor.

The next morning when we all went for breakfast, I felt okay, but they all said I was still high/drunk.

One night when I was seventeen, I drank a fifth of vodka, on an empty stomach, then drove over to a friend's house. And I backed my car between his parent's Cadillac's without a scratch. Then crawled to the back door and slithered threw the key hole, and sneaked up the stairs and puked in the toilet.  I passed out and nearly drowned but his sister, DD, pulled me out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Shot: Sr. year (fall '88). 37 kamikaze's at the Gourdhead annual Kamikaze tag team  competition.   My tag team partner tapped out at around 20 and I finished the last 17 myself (so 27ish for me).  Came in second place and work up in Brackenridge (the hospital not the the ski resort) the next morning(stomach pumped and general observation).   Total bill was just under $380.00, which was about what tuition was back then.  So today same stunt wound be $7,000ish using transitive property of tuition and medical care.  Parents never found out.  I want to say BAC was not too bad, something like .27

Chaser:  Went in to get my knee scoped last month and Seton (system)still had my college address on my bio from that incident.  Told my wife that that was from when my first son was born from when I knocked up my college gf.

Double chaser: That first son was born about a month after my second place finish in Kamikaze contest .  Good times. I do not drink vodka to this day.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Ten Bears said:

One night when I was seventeen, I drank a fifth of vodka, on an empty stomach, then drove over to a friend's house. And I backed my car between his parent's Cadillac's without a scratch. Then crawled to the back door and slithered threw the key hole, and sneaked up the stairs and puked in the toilet.  I passed out and nearly drowned but his sister, DD, pulled me out.

Not really a drinking story but one time I dropped acid at Blue Oyster Cult concert when I was fourteen years old, and I thought them lasers were a spider chasing me. On my way home, got pulled over in Rogersville Alabama, with a half-ounce of weed and a case of Sterling Big Mouth. My buddy Gene was driving, he just barely turned sixteen. And I'd like to say, "I'm sorry", but we lived to tell about it. And we lived to do a whole lot more crazy, stupid, shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/2/2021 at 11:47 PM, RDCanecutter said:

2. Various Army Near-Blackouts. I call them "near" because I would have forgotten what happened if not for various injuries, usually caused by attempting to fly. Only Superman can fly.

This is not true. Only Superman can LAND. Anyone can fly.

• Like 1

I drink a lot of vodka. If I'm just drinking the usual day-to-day after dinner drinking, I can maybe make a bottle last two days. I keep it in the freezer and just pour it in a glass cold. I don't even really feel it unless I get into the second bottle in a night. Over the course of a day I could probably drink three bottles if I started early and paced myself. Probably can't drink as much whiskey, but numbers are similar. I do not like gin since the time I drank a handle of warm Beefeater in South Boston on St. Patty's Day and had to go to work the next morning after sleeping underneath a car. In college, I drank mostly beer, and the numbers of beer I drank were incalculable until my fraternity assigned a pledge to count my drinks. I think they did this to shame me but we made it a competition to see if I could beat the prior day's number. It was great fun. The number got very large. On a bet I chugged 15 beers in two minutes (these were the small Solo cups so it's like 10oz pours or whatever) and then drank 30 beers in three minutes the next day. I puked after the 30, so I don't think that counts.

The hangovers have cured me of sport drinking. Reading the story about having to go to the hospital at 40 made me dry heave a little. But I can still put some booze away if I just get into the rhythm of doing it. 

20 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Shot: Sr. year (fall '88). 37 kamikaze's at the Gourdhead annual Kamikaze tag team  competition.   My tag team partner tapped out at around 20 and I finished the last 17 myself (so 27ish for me).  Came in second place and work up in Brackenridge (the hospital not the the ski resort) the next morning(stomach pumped and general observation).   Total bill was just under $380.00, which was about what tuition was back then.  So today same stunt wound be $7,000ish using transitive property of tuition and medical care.  Parents never found out.  I want to say BAC was not too bad, something like .27

Chaser:  Went in to get my knee scoped last month and Seton (system)still had my college address on my bio from that incident.  Told my wife that that was from when my first son was born from when I knocked up my college gf.

Double chaser: That first son was born about a month after my second place finish in Kamikaze contest .  Good times. I do not drink vodka to this day.

Did you marry a Mormon? Why lie about stupid college drinking?  Seems like something most folks would shrug off with a laugh while jokingly calling you a dumbass.

22 hours ago, Ten Bears said:

I never saw Lynyrd Skynyrd either.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

Did you marry a Mormon? Why lie about stupid college drinking?  Seems like something most folks would shrug off with a laugh while jokingly calling you a dumbass.

She knows about the incident from conversations over the years, but I am pretty sure she has forgotten about it.  I didn't feel like rehashing it right before surgery and when I was going to be dependent on her loving and tender care for a few days. So, in her eyes, I 'm the guy who stood by his gal and raised a son under difficult circumstances, and not the college drunk dumb ass, I really am...er was. 

1 hour ago, BHMCruiser said:

I drink a lot of vodka. If I'm just drinking the usual day-to-day after dinner drinking, I can maybe make a bottle last two days. I keep it in the freezer and just pour it in a glass cold. I don't even really feel it unless I get into the second bottle in a night. Over the course of a day I could probably drink three bottles if I started early and paced myself. Probably can't drink as much whiskey, but numbers are similar. I do not like gin since the time I drank a handle of warm Beefeater in South Boston on St. Patty's Day and had to go to work the next morning after sleeping underneath a car. In college, I drank mostly beer, and the numbers of beer I drank were incalculable until my fraternity assigned a pledge to count my drinks. I think they did this to shame me but we made it a competition to see if I could beat the prior day's number. It was great fun. The number got very large. On a bet I chugged 15 beers in two minutes (these were the small Solo cups so it's like 10oz pours or whatever) and then drank 30 beers in three minutes the next day. I puked after the 30, so I don't think that counts.

The hangovers have cured me of sport drinking. Reading the story about having to go to the hospital at 40 made me dry heave a little. But I can still put some booze away if I just get into the rhythm of doing it. 

Not sure if you're serious, but my last friend who drank that much vodka died.

I sure saw Molly Hatchet.

There have been a few bachelor party weekends, tailgates, boys weekends, etc where we start drinking beer first thing in the morning and just carry on all through the day until bar closeish where I'm sure I've downed a 30 box of beer myself.  I'm not a big liquor drinker other than the customary Bloody Mary to kick things off.  That's a different thing than going to blasted drunk because a slow, prolonged pace of beer with food interspersed just doesn't flood your blood stream with enough booze to truly pickle you.

The most liquor I've ever drank/drunkest I've been was my freshman year at ISU when I drank close to 1.5 liters of UV flavored vodka in about 3 hours.  Truly passed out on the floor, RA busted the party, threatened to call the cops/ambulance if my buddies couldn't get me up.  They woke me up, I puked all over dorm room when they got me back there, and all hungover in the morning I took off late for class grabbing a hoody, and I was sitting in the back corner of the lecture hall before I could smell the dried puke on the shoulder of the hoody.  Shit like that is the reason I don't get drunk on liquor any more.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

2 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

So did mine. But everything checks out with the doctor

Specify size of "bottle" and type of "doctor."

Went on a family camping trip 15 years back and took an unopened 750ml bottle of vodka. We had lots of OJ,  so I started doing screwdrivers around 3 PM and finished the bottle around 10 PM.  I was surprisingly functional that evening, but felt like crap the next day.  The older I get, the less I can handle heavy drinking.  No way I could do that today.

Used to have a kegerator, and the danger of that is that you dont have a growing pile of empties to gauge your intake.

One mack brown ou shit house special weekend I have no memory between half time to finally waking up in the yard Sunday night. Keg started fresh for Friday and was near empty when I checked it Sunday night.

Also a a couple of well drained bottles of whiskey and tequila.

Couple of friends swung by and drank a bit but I'm sure I did the bulk of the work.