Patriot Party meta-thread

Beau Vine

8 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

This would brilliantly force the republicans into the full moderate zone, finally giving Americans a choice between the SJW left and batshit crazy right.

Yeah no. Fuck the Republican Party forever. They don't get to brand themselves as a moderate party after what they've enabled. Not sure they would anyway. 

Edited by Bevo14

My take: Trump is floating this idea to intimidate the GOP, possibly to remain relevant.  It’s a flex and will never come to fruition. Trump has plenty of experience with 3rd parties as he was a member of the Reform Party 20+ years ago.  It will never be anything more than a giant grift. 

Just want to thank Trump and his band of loons for completely destroying the word "patriot", ensuring that it will have a negative connotation for all of eternity. It was already on life support after the Patriot Act, but Don went ahead and smothered it with a pillow.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Just want to thank Trump and his band of loons for completely destroying the word "patriot", ensuring that it will have a negative connotation for all of eternity. It was already on life support after the Patriot Act, but Don went ahead and smothered it with a my pillow.

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

This would brilliantly force the republicans into the full moderate zone, finally giving Americans a choice between the SJW left and batshit crazy right.

Yes, Joe Biden, noted SJW left member 🙄

25 minutes ago, Js1 said:

You didn't get the memo, man? Starting today, every kid gets a free sex change to the gender of their choosing courtesy of the U.S. Government.

...well, the ones who don't get aborted in the new drive-thru clinics, obviously.

26 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Where did I mention Joe Biden? Do you think the house isn’t full of extremists on both sides of the aisle?

The point I was making is that both parties are getting more extreme. If one party’s extremist base broke off to form a new party, I think that party might actually be better off by being able to fill the vacuum that currently exists in the center.

9 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

Why is SJW being used as a pejorative here? 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, NoRagrets said:

Where did I mention Joe Biden? Do you think the house isn’t full of extremists on both sides of the aisle?

The point I was making is that both parties are getting more extreme. If one party’s extremist base broke off to form a new party, I think that party might actually be better off by being able to fill the vacuum that currently exists in the center.

The Democratic Party is Joe Biden’s party right now, as much as you want to both sides both parties as too extreme. 

Three parties.

Republican - Mormony and lip service to conservative economics and libertarianism and furtive John Updikey sex and closeted gay sex.  35%

Progressive/Dem/Green - Healthcare and climate change and racial justice and hot pachuoli/barre sex (straight and gay).  45%

Patriot/Populist:  Nickname - The Wall-Eyes.  Guns and Incest. 20%

Edited by tantric superman
  • Haha 2

Not unless instant runoffs are instated, and then maybe not even then. Splitting the right into two parties would guarantee control by a unified left.

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

Not unless instant runoffs are instated, and then maybe not even then. Splitting the right into two parties would guarantee control by a unified left.

Hey, I'm in a good mood today so I'm going to pretend a "moderate Republican party" could attract some folks who freak out at the black man AND the nazi.

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I agree. I was contemplating a more long-term impact starting with the midterms.

I honestly believe that a third party is needed to save us from ourselves. The election conspiracy theory challenges broke the seal on the unsaid agreement to honor our election results.

17 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

You guys are missing the point.  This isn't about getting Trump into office so it doesn't matter if they convict him or not.

It's about grifting.  It lets Trump raise money and funnels it to his family and himself.  Keep your eyes on the ball, people.

The problem for trump is after the insurrection and republican party affiliation all the billionaires to take from in exchange for 3+ trillion in tax corporate welfare is gone. Now the grift is reduced to po white trash. Not going to be nearly as fruitful and he'll have to run elbows with people he despises not the billionaires he's been used to over the last 5 years

• Fuck You 2

26 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

The problem for trump is after the insurrection and republican party affiliation all the billionaires to take from in exchange for 3+ trillion in tax corporate welfare is gone. Now the grift is reduced to po white trash. Not going to be nearly as fruitful and he'll have to run elbows with people he despises not the billionaires he's been used to over the last 5 years

And that's the only way he can grift.  There are a ton of $50 donations to be made from the rubes.  Just look at the people who contributed to that stupid wall fund.  Those rubes can't afford to golf at his resorts but they'll watch his YouTube channel and send him some of their Social Security money.

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

Three parties.

Republican - Mormony and lip service to conservative economics and libertarianism and furtive John Updikey sex and closeted gay sex.  35%

Progressive/Dem/Green - Healthcare and climate change and racial justice and hot pachuoli/barre sex (straight and gay).  45%

Patriot/Populist:  Nickname - The Wall-Eyes.  Guns and Incest. 20%

I was thinking along the same lines, and there would definitely be some positive to come from it. The Republicans would have to claw the suburban white vote back from the Democrats which would mean some moderation and a shift left on a lot of policies. We could end up with both R/D getting pushed left a bit, with a progressive D party, a shitlib/centrist R party, and the lunatics in the Patriot party. 

I'm not sure it's worth it though, just for the risk that the Patriot party gain traction and get real footing. They'd almost certainly put some numbers on the scoreboard in the House, and they'd have a not-insignificant number of senators as well. That can't happen.

I also wouldn't vote for any existing Republicans (minus the very small handful that didn't enable Trump) even if they did moderate the party, because fuck them.

Edited by BradInATX

11 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

And that's the only way he can grift.  There are a ton of $50 donations to be made from the rubes.  Just look at the people who contributed to that stupid wall fund.  Those rubes can't afford to golf at his resorts but they'll watch his YouTube channel and send him some of their Social Security money.

There's still some money to be made off of them but for someone with trump's narcissism who has been used to President of the US level grifting for several years it's gotta feel like a top MLB star reduced to schlepping $20 a pop autographs in grungy minor league parks for a couple hundred rubes. No way he isn't miserable doing it and that's a fantastic thing. 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Wanker Bob said:

There's still some money to be made off of them but for someone with trump's narcissism who has been used to President of the US level grifting for several years it's gotta feel like a top MLB star reduced to schlepping $20 a pop autographs in grungy minor league parks for a couple hundred rubes. No way he isn't miserable doing it and that's a fantastic thing. 

He'll be miserable but he'll need the money.  He'll end up like OJ.  Florida is a fitting location for both of them.

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

C'mon Hannity, help a Trump out and make it happen.  Ditch that weak establishment Republicanism, go with America First!

The English were always wrong to be so prejudiced against the Irish. but sometimes you get a flash of how it might have started.

• Haha 2