UT's next basketball coach - discussion/debate

alphahorn

9 hours ago, pacman said:

That's the issue for any coach who finds success with his system, trying to find big time recruits who will buy in. Fans want 5 stars but yhey aren't always willing to play the style coach has implemented successfully.

Jay Wright has talked about this quite a bit.

We’ve had 6 years of Shakas 5 stars... give me a team that wins meaningful games 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I believe there's a good chance Beard is very interested and I don't think it has much to do with being an alumni. He is probably not going to be at Tech forever like a Coach K or Izzo. Counting his time as an assistant, that's already 15 years in Lubbock. Sure he could hold out and wait for a UNC/Duke/Kentucky/etc. to open but he's spent most of his career coaching in TX so maybe this is where he will be most comfortable. UT will be the best opportunity in the state and outside of Kansas, the best program with resources in the conference.

• Hook 'Em 1

Dallas Mavs reporter, honestly not that much of a big scoop guy imo, but also is not the type to just put bullshit out there for attention.

Brad Townsend is a Texas Ex who has been one of the best sportswriters in Texas for nearly 30 years.
  • Hook 'Em 3

I'm just so ecstatic about being rid of Shaka that it's hard to think straight about a replacement at the moment. 

It's like we've been wandering in the desert for 40 years. Anything looks sweet by comparison. 

Just think - we may actually have an offense with purpose again instead of the random dartboard shit we've been watching. Hot damn!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Outside of LeBron, players are absolutely terrible GMs and should have zero say in picking a coach.  

or even players choosing players.

I give you...David LeFleur, Troy Aikman special.

9 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

$8mil would give you a great townhome in Brentwood, as long as you don’t mind AirBNBing the 2nd room out.

simpson061014_008_64823616.jpg

7 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Calling Tim Brando a dildo is an insult to dildos everywhere

it is an insult to butt plugs too

53 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

We should hire Beard without paying the buy out, then claim sovereign immunity when Tech tries to sue us. 

If it went down that way, and it would still be cataclysmic for Tech basketball, but I would support the living fuck out of this aspect.

Word is that Beard has gotten a raise and new contract will be announced shortly.  We'll see...

Edited by slorch

31 minutes ago, slorch said:

If it went down that way, and it would still be cataclysmic for Tech basketball, but I would support the living fuck out of this aspect.

Rumor on Tech boards is that Beard has gotten a raise and new contract will be announced shortly.  We'll see...

Beard has been worth every penny invested in him. My guess is he stays in Lubbock.