Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: Keep Austin Beard

Machinator

Based on what I've read and seen Mitchell is one of the better rebounders in the '22 class which Texas needs. 

"When it comes to Mitchell, he may have the most potential as a wing defender of any player in the class of 2022. He's freaky athletic finishing at the rim but he's every bit as impressive with his lateral quickness and ability to be in the right place at the right time. He finishes lobs, crashes the glass and is a dangerous straight line driver. If he gets his jump shot ironed out, the sky is the limit for him in college and beyond."

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/LongFormArticle/Basketball-recruiting-CIty-of-Palms-Nick-Smith-Kelel-Ware-Ernest-Udeh-IMG-Montverde-Hansel-Enmanuel-178700560/#178700560_2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 6:49 AM, texasstrong12 said:

Texas will lose like 3/4 their roster. They need numbers regardless of Arterio. 

I can see a starting 5 of Askew, Morris, Mitchell, Mitchell, and Disu. If Bishop returns, he and Brumbaugh will definitely be in the rotation.

Need another guard and post that can be a rim protector.

Edited by HtownHorn

14 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

For anyone interested......

On3 has Arterio Morris ranked at #11, Dillon Mitchell at #12, and Brumbaugh at #78 in the new recruiting update. 

Hopefully they will be given the green light to attack the basket when we have numbers after breaking a press. 

🙏

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think the only thing that can overcome this shit offense is generationally good point guard. Brumbaugh will have the first crack at it. 

I would for sure take TJ's kid. 

Beard's national championship final PG was Davide Moretti. Was he, in your opinion, generationally good?

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Well, the G League drafted players look awful so far in the NBA, so there is hope. Plus NIL could easily make up the financial difference.

Jonathan Kuminga has looked great, it just took him a little while to get set in the rotation because he’s on a really good team. 

I do think NIL is going to kill the G League Ignite thing before it gets a chance to actually hit its stride though.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Well, the G League drafted players look awful so far in the NBA, so there is hope. Plus NIL could easily make up the financial difference.

Lol. Sample size is way too small to be making any conclusions about this. Multiple HoFers came out of high school.

I mean, I hope they play at Texas but I think the G League is going to serve plenty of kids very well out of high school. 

7 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

I really hope Mitchell and Morris don't jump to the G League.

Most top players would be taking a pay cut to go to the G League. They would also lose the opportunity to have a permanent link to a fan base in the 10s to 100s of thousands and grow their brand in front of 10s of millions in March (early April).

The positives about the G League is that you can practice more and you don't have to play school.

The negatives are less money, less fame as an 18 years, and the womenz be at a lower level.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Every kid in this video is a nationally ranked player from the Dallas area.  The 2 highest rated kids are Tre Johnson currently the #3 rated player in the entire 2024 class and Liam McNeely the #13 rated player in 2024 class. 

Dallas area basketball is the best in the nation. 

That dribble should be whistled. It is easy to crossover someone when you palm the ball like that.

11 hours ago, Bevo said:

That dribble should be whistled. It is easy to crossover someone when you palm the ball like that.

Don’t find the guy on you tube that makes all of these videos on different ways to dribble that look like traveling but technically aren’t. You’ll be throwing things at the screen-shifting pivot foot legally, jump Dribbles, jump shot but leaving toe on ground, but all to another annoying level.  

• Like 1