To__ Orlan_o - _efensive Coor_inator

Machinator

4 hours ago, JBJ said:

What do you think is wrong here?

IMO on a 2nd and 6, likely run down we are conceding too much ground at the line of scrimmage. Foster should be closer to the line of scrimmage, or wider gaps on the 3 down lineman for have some change of setting an edge and forcing the action into the horde of linebackers. As it happens it did get pushed back inside only by one of the 3 getting blocked to far into the play.

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We lost a defensive commit today and some sites are saying to be prepared to lose 3 more because of this shit show.

Wait- are you implying that recruits with potential  NFL aspirations are discouraged by shitty $1.7million DC coaching? 

But , but, but....we’re TEXAS! And UT is in Austin and such.....!

10 hours ago, satyanash said:

The apolitical story goes, if tasked with placing a walking path on a college campus for students to walk to class, Von Mises would rely on his ownintelligence to place the path on the optimal route

I suppose that story is technically apolitical.  Coincidentally, it's also apocryphal.

So it seems that CDC understands what his fundraising bellcow is and won't let someone fuck that up.  I'm hopeful that's the case.

I'd rather have Zach Smith coaching here at this point over Todd Orlando.  Zach would only cost us about $45,000 instead of almost $2.0mm and he's got a lot more fight in him than Orlando does.  Todd should be at a fucking JuCo by this time next year.  

Oh wait, I forgot...let's give him another chance because Herman said, "Culture."  Fucking child.  

2 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Sports are an interesting follow. Two years ago people on this board were ready to shitcan Herman and replace him with Orlando. Then, they lived in fear at the end of the season that Todd would be swept away to another coaching gig. 

59 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Sports are an interesting follow. Two years ago people on this board were ready to shitcan Herman and replace him with Orlando. Then, they lived in fear at the end of the season that Todd would be swept away to another coaching gig. 

That's the funniest thing to me. To go from being afraid that this guy was gonna get scooped up to wanting to fire him in the middle of the season. What a fun profession.

1 hour ago, Casual Encounter said:

This board is full of retards

36 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

That's the funniest thing to me. To go from being afraid that this guy was gonna get scooped up to wanting to fire him in the middle of the season. What a fun profession.

I wouldn’t say crying on the internet about a sport you don’t fully understand is a ‘profession’

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Earl of Texas said:

I wouldn’t say crying on the internet about a sport you don’t fully understand is a ‘profession’

I was just talking about Orlando.

I can definitely see the absurdity of mocking a person for being a "moderately intelligent dickface who coaches a children's game" for a living while being a person who spends their free time posting about said children's game on this message board.

22 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I was just talking about Orlando.

I can definitely see the absurdity of mocking a person for being a "moderately intelligent dickface who coaches a children's game" for a living while being a person who spends their free time posting about said children's game on this message board.

It was just a joke. You know many coaches/players the volume posters of this site and it’s predecessor have crowned and subsequently burned at the stake? Most posters here are extremely quick to do both, but only understand the scoreboard.

2 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

Interesting how Todd Orlando went from looking like a top 5 coordinator in the game who wizarded a miraculous 1-year turnaround, to fielding a defense that ranks among the worst in FBS?

Career-wise, two years is a lifetime for a Big 12 DC. Or maybe it’s just us, I dunno.

3 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Interesting how Todd Orlando went from looking like a top 5 coordinator in the game who wizarded a miraculous 1-year turnaround, to fielding a defense that ranks among the worst in FBS?

Career-wise, two years is a lifetime for a Big 12 DC. Or maybe it’s just us, I dunno.

It’s every fan base. I’m sure we can find some good posts from LSU boards when they lost to Troy at home a couple years ago. Hell, before this season started, a majority of college football fans would have considered him a dead man walking.

2 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

It’s every fan base. I’m sure we can find some good posts from LSU boards when they lost to Troy at home a couple years ago. Hell, before this season started, a majority of college football fans would have considered him a dead man walking.

I do wonder if we continue to have this issue once we keep the same coach for 4-5 seasons. I'm not defending Orlando's performance because last year wasn't great either. I'm just wondering if we're seeing a lot of volatility because of how coaching changes affect the roster.

6 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Remember when we feared of possibly losing him to another school....

giphy.gif

Can we work out a deal with the Canes to ship off Orlando to Miami to be paired with another failed Texas DC? Iaz and Orlando can scheme up the most complex and ineffective defense known to college football. The players will look as if they're partaking in a cluster fuck of a Chinese fire drill even more so than they ever did in the past under the tutelage of Iaz and Orlando and the best part is we won't have to watch it. I'm to the point where slamming my dick in the door is more appealing than watching Orlando's cluster fuck of a defense. Orlando's defense is literally the worst of any P5 team and it's unwatchable.

21 minutes ago, Chad said:

Can we work out a deal with the Canes to ship off Orlando to Miami to be paired with another failed Texas DC? Iaz and Orlando can scheme up the most complex and ineffective defense known to college football. The players will look as if they're partaking in a cluster fuck of a Chinese fire drill even more so than they ever did in the past under the tutelage of Iaz and Orlando and the best part is we won't have to watch it. I'm to the point where slamming my dick in the door is more appealing than watching Orlando's cluster fuck of a defense. Orlando's defense is literally the worst of any P5 team and it's unwatchable.

I hear GDGD is available as well. Maybe they could make it a trifecta.

1 hour ago, Chad said:

They'd be great at tackling. 

Texas fans really need to chill with these ridiculous expectations.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Exactly. No one should be expecting the Texas defense to be better than the worst in Texas history and one of the worst in all of college football. Those are outrageous expectations.

On 10/22/2019 at 10:27 PM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Huh? What is this going to stop?

2019-10-22-22-11-07.png

Honestly, my biggest gripe with this formation is that it puts Joseph Ossai ~13 yards away from the Quarterback.  That means that even if he got a free, straight-line run at the passer, it would take him 1.6 (or so) seconds to get there.

• Like 2

Did any one else catch Orlando saying in this week's presser that the proper way to tackle is to put your shoulder into the other guy? What about the wrapping up part? We have seen plenty of shoulder tackles that don't stop jack shit this year. Now we know from the horses mouth why it is happening so often.

• Like 1

That's a huge insult to GDGD. Despite his (large) flaws, he's in a different galaxy than those two. Watson is more of their type.

Without a huge talent advantage, GDGD was exposed in 2010 and at Iowa. Likewise, Watson did well with 2001 Colorado pushing our shit in with an awesome oline and stable of running backs and with Teddy Bridgewater against AAC competition.

Note, I’d still take GDGD over Watson. Im just saying their differences are mostly amplified by circumstance.

Did any one else catch Orlando saying in this week's presser that the proper way to tackle is to put your shoulder into the other guy? What about the wrapping up part? We have seen plenty of shoulder tackles that don't stop jack shit this year. Now we know from the horses mouth why it is happening so often.

They seem to stop our players from being able to continue playing.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Touchdown-Play.gif

4 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Scipio has been harping on this for a while.  He claims the staff does not teach/reinforce proper tackling fundamentals.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Without a huge talent advantage, GDGD was exposed in 2010 and at Iowa. Likewise, Watson did well with 2001 Colorado pushing our shit in with an awesome oline and stable of running backs and with Teddy Bridgewater against AAC competition.

Note, I’d still take GDGD over Watson. Im just saying their differences are mostly amplified by circumstance.

Watson never covered the spread with Bridgewater at QB and also managed 7 points with that same CU team earlier that season.