Chinese tennis player makes allegations against state official, with predictable results

Satoshi

Another one here. Not that newsworthy other than Genie is hot so I automatically give her opinion more weight. Her family has incredible genes.

I guess tennis is less dependent on China for revenue than the nba. Plus Genie is a little off the radar career wise. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

The PRC used to be a communist country, but isn’t it more truly a fascist state? It’s not as much into starting the worldwide social transformation for the workers as it is into nationalism. It has firm, single party state control of an economy with lots of individual market entities. It’s authoritarian. It even has ethnic concentration camps and eugenics. Has it missed checking any boxes for fascism?

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, statsman said:

The PRC used to be a communist country, but isn’t it more truly a fascist state? It’s not as much into starting the worldwide social transformation for the workers as it is into nationalism. It has firm, single party state control of an economy with lots of individual market entities. It’s authoritarian. It even has ethnic concentration camps and eugenics. Has it missed checking any boxes for fascism?

Yep.

Maoism (ideology above all else died in 1972). Today, ideology means little in the present moment. The economy is state capitalism. The justification for capitalism has been made that capitalism will lead to communism, some day. There has been a turn to imperialism as they become the world's largest economy. They want their own economic spheres in the Western Pacific and with nations adjacent to China's belt and road initiative.

If you compare this to a Risk game board, one can see the projection of power and control. (It's in German - so think Risk board game and view.):

spacer.png

I understand why Xi so confident. Look at the size of that economic sphere China wishes to dominate. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Like 2

On 11/19/2021 at 7:30 PM, atomheartbevo said:

You don't know many 35 year-old Asian women, do you?

Do you?  Will you be my wingman?  

On 11/20/2021 at 12:51 AM, Hmbre97 said:

Who is that posing with Xi Jinping in the photo?

skynews-peng-shuai-china-tennis_5588528.

The gun pointed at her head is just off camera. 

• Like 1

I saw on Twitter someone had captured her statement about being sexually assaulted before her account was deleted. She has a lot of friends in the tennis world and all of them calling bullshit on this. Serena, Chris Evert, Roddick, Osaka lots of them. 

I just remembered that old SNL skit where Martina was following Evert around after she retired…that still cracks me. 

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I saw on Twitter someone had captured her statement about being sexually assaulted before her account was deleted. She has a lot of friends in the tennis world and all of them calling bullshit on this. Serena, Chris Evert, Roddick, Osaka lots of them. 

I just remembered that old SNL skit where Martina was following Evert around after she retired…that still cracks me. 

Evert climbed a mountain and Martina burst out of the top. "Oh you took the easy way up."

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Goredho said:

This crisis better not fuck up imports of egg rolls and pot stickers or Ima be pissed.

All your egg rolls are made in Schenectady new York by a company called Panda.  I know this because if you have ever been to a Chinese Wok, Wok D lite or General Wok.  My people own that.  It's also the same egg rolls Jack in the Box sells

26 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

All your egg rolls are made in Schenectady new York by a company called Panda.  I know this because if you have ever been to a Chinese Wok, Wok D lite or General Wok.  My people own that.  It's also the same egg rolls Jack in the Box sells

SCHENECTADY NEW YORK?!

6R10AQ.gif