Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I think this guy is an ISU fan - what did he expect??? That Texas would have a deep-seated love for the institution of Iowa State University?

Easy as fuck to be Iowa State and "commit" to riding Texas and OU's coattails when you have no alternative. There's no reason for us to commit to them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

So according to this article, the remaining 8 are only worth $9 million a year (ouch) which is half my estimate $18 million I wrote above.  FYI The American (UH, Cincy, UCF) is worth $7 million a year.  This would mean Texas and Oklahoma’s Tier 1&2 TV rights are worth $290 million a year and the remains 8 are worth $72 million.  I was close.  Adding in Tier 3 Texas and Oklahoma’s TV rights are worth $315 million a year.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-realignment-fallout-whats-next-with-texas-oklahoma-stating-intent-to-leave-big-12-for-sec/

Ouch. That's gotta sting for the rest of the Big 12 to find out their combined annual worth is less than Texas' third-tier rights.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Nebraska was booted from the AAU prior to joining the B1G.  (AAU voted in April 2011, Nebraska joined B1G in June 2012.)

Nebraska was invited before being booted.  And they were booted by votes from Big 10 schools.  Big 12 schools all voted to keep them in.

2 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Ouch. That's gotta sting for the rest of the Big 12 to find out their combined annual worth is less than Texas' third-tier rights.

In fairness, the cost of living in those cities is much lower so it feels like more. 

Edited by Vertigo

1 hour ago, theBigHen said:

I have friends and relatives bombarding me with texts telling me how Texas is the bad guy and how we have fucked everyone in the conference over. Can someone provide me a brief and factual retort to this that will shut them up? 

DF2EB953-8168-47FD-BAA4-870FF5905BC4.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

It would be funny as shit for TX and OU to veto new members and just explode the conference. 

Thats the play on the contract/GOR/buyout talks with the Big 12.

Texas and OU will veto all expansion talks and will drag one more school along long enough that you cant expand nor can you possibly recruit until we come to a much smaller buyout and a nice settlement.

Oh... You are worried about the descalator clauses in the contract? Well that wont even exist for you to negoatiate up from if we drag this out and let 1/3 of you get poached. So Baylor, KSU and TCU... What you say? You think its time to reach a compromise or are you going to let TT, KU, WVU and ISU fuck you completely on this...

• Haha 2

I have friends and relatives bombarding me with texts telling me how Texas is the bad guy and how we have fucked everyone in the conference over. Can someone provide me a brief and factual retort to this that will shut them up? 

Tell them they should have studied more or been really good at sports in high school? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sorry for partying

15 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

When looking up UT's record vs. Ole Miss I got curious and checked the all-time record vs. the rest of the conference. We have a winning record against every school except two, anyone know who those two are? Probably not who you think:

Time to get that long-awaited win with SC and level the series, too! 

47 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Hey, shoutout to the Coogs!  You finally made it in!

Or maybe we should resurrect the window with blue coogs, red coogs, raiders, frogs, bears, cowpokes, wildcats, cyclones, mountaineers and funky looking birds.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 recognized/real - 1963, 1969, 1970, 2005
5 service/ratings could be added - 1914, 1941, 1968, 1977, 1981
6 undefeated seasons could be added - 1893, 1895, 1900, 1918, 1920, 1923
For the last one, nobody beat us, there wasn't an AP poll or any championship system, so fuck it we could claim it.
We have 15 total fake national championships. The kind A&M puts on a wall.

Let’s not do that…
  • Hook 'Em 1

Simply tell them that we are all about to find out our school's individual market value and Texas and OU seem to have pretty high values. We will know their respective school's value soon enough.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

For the last one, nobody beat us, there wasn't an AP poll or any championship system, so fuck it we could claim it.

1914 is one I’m not sure why we don’t actually claim. 

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

so enough to fill a real hall of champions 

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Oh don't worry, there is plenty of blame to go around. I blame arky for making a short sighted decision to leave the SWC just a few years before a better alignment became available. I blame Baylor (and maybe Tech if I have my history right) for forcing themselves into the conference in a way that ticked some people off from the outset. I blame UT, OU, NU, and aggy for demanding unequal revenue share that was almost certain to destabilize the conference. I blame whoever made the shit decision to not have a permanent cross-division rivalry to salvage OU-NU at the outset. I blame the networks for the "oNE schOOl PER TV MARkEt" bullshit that drove the last round and for destroying long time rivalries because of cable package nonsense that was already a dying model. I blame aggy again for blowing up the Pac-16 move a bunch of us agreed to at a time where everyone else probably could have found a comfortable landing spot. I blame Mizzou for lifting its skirt to the Big 10 which is the earlier I remember this latest wave of bullshit starting. I actually don't blame NU or CU for their moves, which was at a time that it looked pretty inevitable that the Big 12 wouldn't last. And yes, I blame OU and Texas for their moves now when they could have salvaged the conference a decade ago and did nothing to help knowing that they had their eyes set elsewhere because of a few extra million. It's all bullshit. 

You have a lot of blame going around. That's good, I suppose though OSU is notably absent. I blame them for not winning more games against OU and for not having any nattys. I also blame Stillwater for not being a major TV market.

LSU office mate has advised me that (1) outsiders view UT and aggy alumni/fans as being pretty much the same, and (2) we had better come to the SEC humbly and without ridiculous demands like horns down being a taunting penalty.....  I sure hope Sark rights this ship in a hurry and that our first spin around the SEC dance floor sets him and them straight.

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

1914 is one I’m not sure why we don’t actually claim. 

Because we played none of the football powers and Texas was a backwater at the time. It would be like Toledo claiming the 1995 title over Nebraska.

Edited by Valmy77
Whoops wrong decade

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Out of the 15, which ones would be considered the most legitimate? 

32 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I always wondered what would the marine do if he continued his salute? Like hit him? I would have kept saluting and dared him to follow through his billy bad ass “NOOOOO NOOOO” bullshit.

Probably just yell more...  But SFC was right, tho...

Just now, Tonesky said:

LSU office mate has advised me that (1) outsiders view UT and aggy alumni/fans as being pretty much the same, and (2) we had better come to the SEC humbly and without ridiculous demands like horns down being a taunting penalty.....  I sure hope Sark rights this ship in a hurry and that our first spin around the SEC dance floor sets him and them straight.

Look so long as our guys can do bullshit back at them it's fine. But call it both ways.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Out of the 15, which ones would be considered the most legitimate? 

I wouldn't be ashamed to claim the usual four plus 1914, 1941, 1968, and 1977. In each of those seasons there's a decent chance we were the best team in the country.

But I'm even more fine with claiming the usual four and letting other schools be silly about it.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Tonesky said:

Yeah, fuck your office mate. And foolish of you to take advice from anyone hailing from the state that produced Huey P. Long.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Tonesky said:

I'd say every LSU fan over the age of 40 thinks exactly like this. If you really want to get under his skin, tell him Aggy is a better school than LSU. Despite this being factual, it drives them absolutely insane. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, MAGS® said:

So.... How many National Championships do we get to add to our stadium's wall when we move to the SEC???

We aren't aggy, bama or TN.  We won't claim those 4 or 5 additional years (think 41, 61, 68 and 82 somebody ranked us #1.  May have been one other year.  And we had the best team in 2008).

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I wouldn't be ashamed to claim the usual four plus 1914, 1941, 1968, and 1977. In each of those seasons there's a decent chance we were the best team in the country.

But I'm even more fine with claiming the usual four and letting other schools be silly about it.

1977 feels the most legitimate to me. Undefeated regular season in the modern era of college football. 

7 minutes ago, Tonesky said:

Tell him congrats on finding a job with an LSU degree.  Seriously, quite a feat.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tonesky said:

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Look so long as our guys can do bullshit back at them it's fine. But call it both ways.

I'm not sure there is really an equivalent to horns down, and, if there is going to be a ban on taunting (which probably prevents a few brawls), horns down directed at a horn player surely qualifies.  But, ultimately it is about winning.  If we are pounding LSU or aggy on their home field, I laugh at their horns down. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, bullet said:

We aren't aggy, bama or TN.  We won't claim those 4 or 5 additional years (think 41, 61, 68 and 82 somebody ranked us #1.  May have been one other year.  And we had the best team in 2008).

See Huckleberry already researched it.

We did have the best team in 1968, but had a loss and a tie before we figured out the wishbone and Ohio St. was undefeated.  So none unless we claim 2008.

I'm not sure there is really an equivalent to horns down, and, if there is going to be a ban on taunting (which probably prevents a few brawls), horns down directed at a horn player surely qualifies.  But, ultimately it is about winning.  If we are pounding LSU or aggy on their home field, I laugh at their horns down. 

Shit, if you are kicking Gata ass, you can mock chomp us till your shoulder dislocates. Bragging rights and all. I can’t imagine being that butt-hurt over something like that.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tonesky said:

Tell him to go fuck his own face. Dont take shit from these retards. 

4 minutes ago, Tonesky said:

108474FB-812F-4E0E-9369-E4F3FC6A0DB4.gif

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Tell him congrats on finding a job with a LSU degree.  Seriously, quite a feat.

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I’m just shocked you found an LSU fan who went to LSU…..or am I assuming?

1 minute ago, BachelorTrek said:

T-shirt lsu fan

Law office of four lawyers.  Two with undergrad degrees from LSU.  Both saved by South Texas College of Law (they could have been aggys).