Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

One big one would be an easier road to the Playoffs. I've been in the Big10 corner. I honestly have no interest in the Pac12.

There is absolutely no other road easier to the playoffs than having an SEC label on your jersey. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

I feel like aggy will make some administrators head roll. I saw speculation that the school president was notified of this months ago, so if the natives want blood they may be after her. I agree, Sharp getting the shitcan would be the cherry on top of all of this (outside of Baylor to a G5).

Yeah, the lady president being scapegoated instead of good ol bwah Sharp would definitely be on brand for them.  Doubt they even know her name.

5 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

If Sharp legitimately upheld the gag order and gets canned for not leaking it, Hartzell should hire him to some bullshit admin or consultant role for $1 more than they paid him. The aggy tears would be unfathomable.

Would also hilariously result in a number of valid lawsuits against A&M 

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

I'm really hoping for John Sharp to be sent packing.  Really, really am.

the intel for the past 24 hours has been a solid lean towards 1 of 2 things:

- sec power told aggy to shoot sharp in retaliation for last wednesday's stunt

- sharp is going to shot bjork and blame him for the stunt even though sharp sent bjork to hoover to pitch sharp's fit for him

if there is a personnel shooting tied to the BoR meeting, it has to be one of the above and i'm betting it's sharp getting shot

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

To my knowledge, the SEC didn't do reduced shares for aggy or Mizzou. The Big 10 did, but those reduced shares I believe were to offset financial support given to the incoming schools to offset transitional expenses.

The SEC didn't give aggy financial support in 2012 when transitional expenses left aggy athletics (yet again) unable to pay its bills. Rather, the academic side increased the amount of the "interest-free loan" that had been outstanding since 2006 by $5.2 million. This "loan" is still being paid down in installments and is scheduled to be finally repaid later in the decade.

I have no doubt both UT and OU will receive full distributions from Day 1.

Correct about the SEC.  Wrong about the Big 10.  They went all Baylor on their newcomers.  Nebraska is STILL tens of millions behind Iowa St. in conference distributions since they left the Big 12.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lmao they have aggy in Dallas hahahahaha

more shitty maps.. shows how irrelevant aggy is to the rest of the country.  Remember that T-shirt that left off the whole state when they joined? lol

front.jpg

Edited by UTEX_ME
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Someone needs to neg brandonmarcello, longhorn emblem is supposed to be centered and properly engorged . Should probably horns should be spearing the a in aTm to reflect the reality of the situation

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lmao they have aggy in Dallas hahahahaha

It's just one more data point regarding relative importance. Usually they're placed in Houston, but the reality is that all these graphics are created with the following thought process:

1. Put UT over Austin.
2. Put A&M wherever they fit after that.

Sometimes they miss a bit with Austin like above, but that's basically what's being thought every single time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

If Sharp legitimately upheld the gag order and gets canned for not leaking it, Hartzell should hire him to some bullshit admin or consultant role for $1 more than they paid him. The aggy tears would be unfathomable.

Just thinking the same.

33 minutes ago, jinx said:

I actually work with an attorney on a current project that messes this up in the other direction, and I have never heard anyone do that before. It is not a one time occurrence either.

Just this morning he let one of the people on our video call know that their microphone was on "moot". 

Mootness is a pretty important concept of you're practicing trial law so it might be rattling round in his head a bit.  Still got a be a dumbass to confuse it with mute, though.

4 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

more shitty maps.. shows how irrelevant aggy is to the rest of the country.  Remember that T-shirt that left off the whole state when they joined? lol

front.jpg

To be fair that shirt also doesn't show Missouri. They were just trying to ingratiate themselves to their new conference just like with that ridiculous video where they did every other school's cheer. The one that showed how irrelevant they were was this one:

tamu-bulldogs.png

• Haha 1

Just now, theBigHen said:

I have friends and relatives bombarding me with texts telling me how Texas is the bad guy and how we have fucked everyone in the conference over. Can someone provide me a brief and factual retort to this that will shut them up? 

Stfu?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have friends and relatives bombarding me with texts telling me how Texas is the bad guy and how we have fucked everyone in the conference over. Can someone provide me a brief and factual retort to this that will shut them up? 

Retort is as follows:

"You're an idiot who has no idea what you're talking about."

You're welcome.

18 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

It would be an amazing episode of stupidity for aggy to get rid of Sharpe over this.      But stupidity is  a badge of honor in Collie Station.

They also like to bring up how the longhorn network is the reason everyone hates us and why people left the conference. I know this isnt true but I want to have my facts straight so I dont have to hear this shit anymore lol. 

2 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

Eventually, we all have to learn to stand on our own.

20 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Right, all that matters now is getting in the Tournament. You may not host a home game or get a bye but you can control your own destiny on the field. 

I'm wondering if like the 4 pod winners are just basically in the playoffs or I'm guessing there will be a scenario where the Pod losers don't have strong enough resumes and the 5th place SEC team gets in.  Just spitballin

4 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

You reply back by asking why is it UT’s job to stay in a conference just so they have a home?  They should be mad at their own leadership, not mad at UT.  And you can tell them that if they are mad, they are just admitting they need UT to survive.  

6 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

“Ok cool. Hookem”

• Hook 'Em 4