Miss America

TahoeHorn

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/05/us/miss-america-swimsuit-trnd/index.html

(CNN)The next edition of the Miss America pageant will scrap swimsuits and will be more inclusive to women of all sizes, the contest announced Tuesday.

"We will no longer judge our candidates on their outward physical appearance. That's huge," she said.

I have the same comment as I had on the NFL thread:

It's your competition.  If you want to produce a product I won't buy you have that right.  There is no right or wrong.  The world has potential buyers other than me.

11 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Maybe they realize their product isn't selling?

No doubt.  And their new product will sell worse.

P.S.  Or maybe they've decided to sell to women instead of men.  I'm serious.

Edited by TahoeHorn

49 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

It's your competition.  If you want to produce a product I won't buy you have that right.  There is no right or wrong.  The world has potential buyers other than me.

You watch the Miss America pageant?

1 hour ago, TahoeHorn said:

Or maybe they've decided to sell to women instead of men.  I'm serious.

It's definitely this.  They'll try to turn it into a fashion show of sorts.

But you know, when I look at these contestants! I feel good! I feel good, because I know there's a God somewhere! There's a God somewhere! Turn around ladies for me please! You know there's a God who sits on high and looks down low!

Man cannot make it like this! Larry Flynt! Hugh Hefner! They can take the picture, but you can't make it! Only God above, the Hugh Hefner on high, can make it for ya!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TahoeHorn said:

You "bought" the old pageant? Personally, I never watched it before and probably wont now. However, I will let you in on a little secret. Thick girls have been in favor for quite a while. If most people like that pre-pregnant Kim Kardashian body over an anorexic waif than why shouldn't that KK body style be eligible for Miss America?

For real, who even prefers that starvation look?  For sure, your wife doesn't look like that. Nor do the younger girls around you who you find attractive. 

2 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

You "bought" the old pageant? Personally, I never watched it before and probably wont now. However, I will let you in on a little secret. Thick girls have been in favor for quite a while. If most people like that pre-pregnant Kim Kardashian body over an anorexic waif than why shouldn't that KK body style be eligible for Miss America?

For real, who even prefers that starvation look?  For sure, your wife doesn't look like that. Nor do the younger girls around you who you find attractive. 

I like cute skinny girls. My last girlfriend weighed 77 pounds at 4'9". She did not look starved just tiny. Lots of guys who come to the Philippines like slimmer women and are not fans of typical American/Australian/European fat chicks.

She was and still is 22 years old, in case you were curious.

Edited by RayDog

2 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Gay dudes who are art directors for fashion magazines prefer that waif look. As for me, and most dudes who don't fuck dudes, I like some feminine fat in all the right places. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Men have the internet to see hot chicks now.  Of course they’re selling to women.  What dude in 2018 is going to sit through hours of Miss America to see a girl in a swimsuit?  

I’m sure most of their audience has been women for a long time.  The potential issue I would see is whether women who watch pageants are actually wishing for change as much as the marketers think.  There are plenty of girls who like the old impossibly perfect bleach blonde Barbie and wish that never changed.  

Maybe you bring in a new market for Miss Inner Beauty America, but I think the women who would appreciate that approach more would still ultimately end up saying, “Wait, but why do we judge women like this at all?  Pageants are still gross and objectifying relics of the patriarchy.  Also, her bangs are terrible.”

I have zero clue as to the demographics of the show, but I absolutely agree with you. There are few things in this world that women enjoy more than the tearing apart of another woman’s appearance. 

pageants are disgusting. that's all i really have to say. we wonder why little boys grow up objectifying women, when they parade around in swimsuits in trim bodies to gain an award for looking good. don't get me wrong, i'm a sinner, and i love a good looking woman. but we've got to get beyond this shit if we actually want our little girls in STEM type careers. i get alarmed enough when i see my peers' ten year olds on facebook in their dance troupes, all painted up like 2 dollar hookers. gives me the shivers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

pageants are disgusting. that's all i really have to say. we wonder why little boys grow up objectifying women, when they parade around in swimsuits in trim bodies to gain an award for looking good. don't get me wrong, i'm a sinner, and i love a good looking woman. but we've got to get beyond this shit if we actually want our little girls in STEM type careers. i get alarmed enough when i see my peers' ten year olds on facebook in their dance troupes, all painted up like 2 dollar hookers. gives me the shivers.

Can't disagree with the thoughts on pageants, especially ones for kids.  Fucking weird.

12 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

It's astonishing the stuff that American conservatives give a shit about. Just pathetic.

It’s astonishing that people still admit to watching beauty pageants.  It was fine if you were a teen before the internet and your dad didn’t have so much as a playboy stashed away. 

But then, these are probably the same mouth-breathers who watch American Idol or The Apprentice.