Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

Its almost like Ted doesn't know that future wars will be fought by drones, computes and machines and what we need is a bunch of smart  men and women with computer game and coding skills to win.  I got to meet several of the drone pilots that are running operations  near the Clear Lake area.  Lots of these guys don't  look like the men in that Russian ad, but I guarantee you they will whip the shit out of them in a drone fight. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah, this shit works with his base. He knows he's personally repulsive, so the only way he can appeal to anyone is to trigger the libs.

It's not just triggering the libs. His base either willfully or unknowingly are unable to make the synapses interact long enough to go 'hmmmm, I wonder if a military such as ours, one of the most powerful in the world,  can use a variety of recruiting messages (as opposed to one) to recruit a variety of citizens (because we don't have conscription) who have a variety of skill sets useful to the military?'

I noticed that Israel seems to be 'defending' itself and they have men and women in their service.

He's appealing to the hyper masculine fascist element. This is brown shirt recruiting. This is Ted Cruz.

@Horn Dog read my mind.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

Ted is also perhaps hoping that his base is looking at these hard masculine soldiers and not noticing that his boss used very soft, long-limbed Russian born women to...erm...ferret out information from officials. Too bad Ted picked evil.

To your point, I agree--and Ted is not a nice man at all, at all. He likely despises Trump, but knows what he's going to have to do in order to keep his head above water. It's funny/sad (don't worry, I have zero pity for him) because as hard as it is to quit that path, it is so liberating. The guts it took for some of the people who testified at the initial hearing in 2019, knowing they would face death threats, job loss due to revenge, and on and on. One can scorn the late leavers, but if they don't leave now, the door is just about shut.

I think of those names in history that we know and identify with regimes or administrations; good or bad. When I say Goebbels, Himmler, Heydrich, you're knowing exactly for whom and for what they stood.

Ted is smart enough but IMO too vain to consider that being well known for something doesn't always end the way he imagines it.

39 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It's not just triggering the libs. His base either willfully or unknowingly are unable to make the synapses interact long enough to go 'hmmmm, I wonder if a military such as ours, one of the most powerful in the world,  can use a variety of recruiting messages (as opposed to one) to recruit a variety of citizens (because we don't have conscription) who have a variety of skill sets useful to the military?'

I noticed that Israel seems to be 'defending' itself and they have men and women in their service.

He's appealing to the hyper masculine fascist element. This is brown shirt recruiting. This is Ted Cruz.

@Horn Dog read my mind.

I think it's even narrower than that. He's appealing to one demographic: straight, white males

7 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

People really need to get off the internet.*

*Says the guy reading Surly and lamenting dumb things he sees on the internet as a herald of society’s imminent downfall.  

** But seriously, though, people need to get off the internet and stop radicalizing themselves.  “We will sit out the war!  Putin > America!  All because I didn’t like how a commercial was soft instead of having ‘splosions!”  WTF is wrong with these people? 

Preach, but we need to know IMO. They've always been here and we need to pay attention. That doesn't mean coddling or pandering, or giving attention but paying attention. Because although they are rapidly becoming a minority, they are also rapidly radicalizing. Scary times.

25 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

*Says the guy reading Surly and lamenting dumb things he sees on the internet as a herald of society’s imminent downfall.  

** But seriously, though, people need to get off the internet and stop radicalizing themselves.  “We will sit out the war!  Putin > America!  All because I didn’t like how a commercial was soft instead of having ‘splosions!”  WTF is wrong with these people? 

*** And stop watching Fox News. 

But no chance of that. People are just going to get more and more radicalized. Hard to overestimate how much damage that propaganda channel is doing to our country. The future costs are going to be immense. 

31 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

They are aggy.  The list is longer, but that's enough for you to know to move right along.

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

How long you got?

(Short version: They're aggies.)

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

jesus christ. 

the fact that texags mods let that shit fly tells you all you need to know. 

Not surprising at all. They let the Qanon thread fly for years, and half that shit was Russian misinformation.

Start a thread on TexAgs about lizard people taking over, and they'll laugh/delete it/whatever.

Start a qanon thread about lizard people taking over, and you'll have a dozen posters doing deep dives on what every single letter in the word "lizard" actually means.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

They can fucking move to Russia if they love Putin and the Russian military commercials so much.

i'd love to let them try.  those pussies would last a month, tops, before they started whining like bitches and wanted to come back to all the shit they take for granted here.

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just when he falls off the front page he claws back the attention by co authoring a complaint with tuberville and Ron Johnson plus a few others on demanding explanation why the doj is going after Jan 6 folks more stringently than BLM protestors.

2 minutes ago, bluto said:

Just when he falls off the front page he claws back the attention by co authoring a complaint with tuberville and Ron Johnson plus a few others on demanding explanation why the doj is going after Jan 6 folks more stringently than BLM protestors.

Newsflash: They're going after Jan 6 folks more stringently because fucking TREASON with the intent to VIOLENTLY OVERTHROW A DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT  is a bigger crime than trespassing with the intent to spray paint.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

16 minutes ago, bluto said:

So he doesn't understand the difference between federal charges relating to the Capitol, versus BLM protestors being nailed with local/state charges.

Nice Ivy League education there, on par with Fitlumps.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Renfield. 

Personally, I don't think Dracula would have stooped so low as to accept Cruz as a toady, but otherwise, the comparison is apt. I mean, Renfield wouldn't have defended his father's or wife's honor, either.

(Seriously, is there anyone who flunks "Man, 101" more than Ted fucking "Yes, you can insult my father and my wife" Cruz?)

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So he doesn't understand the difference between federal charges relating to the Capitol, versus BLM protestors being nailed with local/state charges.

Nice Ivy League education there, on par with Fitlumps.

What he actually understands is the difference between Russia and China and just as he doesn't want people looking too closely at the Capitol, he also doesn't want people looking too closely at other anomalies. He knows both. He is being disingenuous.

• Like 1

What he actually understands is the difference between Russia and China and just as he doesn't want people looking too closely at the Capitol, he also doesn't want people looking too closely at other anomalies. He knows both. He is being disingenuous.

All of this.

He knows.

He’s just a total piece of shit.
  • Like 1