Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If he had Trump’s blessing, I could see him running for President in ‘24.  But he won’t.  Trump will tap somebody else.    Which means Ted would be running against Trump and Trump’s base.  Which means he will get an ass kicking at the polls.  

I think he just runs for re-election. 

And the stupid people in this state will re-elect him. Even though he really doesn’t do anything for Texas. His interest is not about Texas. He couldn’t care less about Texas until the next election. 

Edited by Brandywine

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It works on millions of people.  That's why they keep doing it.  74 million in 2020.

I bet more than a few million of those people were not voting for Trump because they bought into Trump's lies, but because they were voting for their own self-interests (financial or otherwise) and/or because simply (R). Tens of millions of those people.

Look at (R) turnout 

• 2000 - 50 million for W
  • 2004 - 62 million for W
  • 2008 - 60 million for McCain
  • 2012 - 61 million for Romney
  • 2016 - 63 million for Trump
  • 2020 - 74 million for Trump

I'm not saying that it was just extra 11 million (who voted for Trump in 2020, but not previously) who bought into the lies - I think plenty of that core 60 million who had been turning out in the previous 4 elections bought into some of it.

The GOP has had a solid core of 50 - 60  million (mostly 60 million) Republicans who will turn out regardless of who is on the ballot, whether it's the son of a former President, a Vietnam war hero, a Mormon, or Trump.

I actually wonder if some of the voter suppression efforts will work against the GOP in 2024. They had a solid 25 years of easier voting and right-wing radio pundits (Rush) helping work them up (you can see it starting int he 90s), cumulating in Trump in 2020. Rush is dead and Hannity and Tucker can't whip people up like he did, Trump isn't running again, and the GOP has nobody sitting on the bench that can whip people up like Trump did.  

So Cruz isn't to be blamed for leaving Texas during the blackout because he's a federally elected official, and not statewide?  

But he can chime in on Texas state tax law, despite being a federally elected official?  Got it.  

I get confused because he's just so goddamned outdoorsy looking.  

On 4/23/2021 at 8:07 AM, atomheartbevo said:

If he had Trump’s blessing, I could see him running for President in ‘24.  But he won’t.  Trump will tap somebody else.    Which means Ted would be running against Trump and Trump’s base.  Which means he will get an ass kicking at the polls.  

I think he just runs for re-election. 

Texas allows for a person to run for both Senator and POTUS.  

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Texas allows for a person to run for both Senator and POTUS.  

Yes, but what I was trying to say is that if Ted's running for reelection, he's going to be facing Republicans in his Senate primary, he's going to be facing Democrats looking to win their own primary and defeat him in the Senate general election, and then he's going to have Trumpanzees piling on him for daring to run against The Orange One's chosen candidate for President.

That's a foursome that he wants no part of.

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

fixy for Cancun.

I think once Ted was heading back to Texas with his head hung low, she sent the girls off to the resort's all-day Kids Camp, and she called room service and ordered up the "Cancun Cuatro"  30 minutes later, 3 strapping and swarthy Gentlemen of Leisure arrived at her room and ran the high speed train on her that her husband has only been able to talk about and never deliver.  

I forget how the rest goes in Spanish, Ted.  But you're a pussy and your wife's a whore. 

On 4/22/2021 at 4:33 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Something happened to cause him to completely let himself go. 

My guess is it would be depression related. His off-putting personality would seem to be a fairly clear indication he’s got a pretty lonely existence.

He still should have been booted from the senate for what happened on January 6th and again for high-tailing it to Mexico while his constituents were freezing to death, but I wouldn’t wish depression on him or anyone else for that matter. 

If trump were to actually run in 2024 (he wont), he should  publicly dickslap Cruz across the face during the first debate and end the campaign right there. The question of alpha dominance between those two in the GOP has already been settled. There is no resetting that dynamic. 

EYLQT5GRTM23LOTY55YHET3JVM.png

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

If trump were to actually run in 2024 (he wont), he should  publicly dickslap Cruz across the face during the first debate and end the campaign right there. The question of alpha dominance between those two in the GOP has already been settled. There is no resetting that dynamic. 

EYLQT5GRTM23LOTY55YHET3JVM.png

how can you slap someone with a thimble?

He's given up on the national scene.  The beard is a pathetic attempt to cover up the chins because he's decided gaining weight is no big deal.  He's had a couple of very public fiascos this year.
In an statewide election with 8 million votes, he won reelection by 215,000 votes in the era of Trump.  There's nothing awe-inspiring about that if you are a BMD. And he's up for reelection in 2024 - how much more purple will Texas be by then? If the Democrats are picking off places like Williamson County now, what happens when they start knocking off some of the conservative counties elsewhere?
If he tries to run for President in 2024, well does he really want to give up his Senate seat to be a failed Presidential candidate?  Especially if Trump will probably tap somebody else as his favorite in 2024?
He can't competently run two campaigns in 2024, because that means a lot more people are going to be out to destroy him.  Out of the two, the Senate seat is the only semi-safe election he has a chance of winning.

I look forward to helping him get defeated before I gtfo of this state.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
On 4/22/2021 at 10:41 PM, atomheartbevo said:
He's given up on the national scene.  The beard is a pathetic attempt to cover up the chins because he's decided gaining weight is no big deal.  He's had a couple of very public fiascos this year.
In an statewide election with 8 million votes, he won reelection by 215,000 votes in the era of Trump.  There's nothing awe-inspiring about that if you are a BMD. And he's up for reelection in 2024 - how much more purple will Texas be by then? If the Democrats are picking off places like Williamson County now, what happens when they start knocking off some of the conservative counties elsewhere?
If he tries to run for President in 2024, well does he really want to give up his Senate seat to be a failed Presidential candidate?  Especially if Trump will probably tap somebody else as his favorite in 2024?
He can't competently run two campaigns in 2024, because that means a lot more people are going to be out to destroy him.  Out of the two, the Senate seat is the only semi-safe election he has a chance of winning.

I mean, this state is probably better with you, but if you contribute to getting that fuckstick out of office and you decide to leave, then all is forgiven

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:
On 4/22/2021 at 10:41 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Stop Don T Come Back GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

"Look, we don't need burdensome regulations to clean the general public's water beyond the gates.  The resort has its own filtration system and complimentary Evians.  Plus, open bar dude!  Complimentary margaritas and beers, bro!"

-The Senator of the most powerful state in the nation, Ladies and Gentlemen.  

I know y'all think he's a fucking idiot.  But he's not.  He's one of the 20 smartest people I've ever met.  But he's also an evil shitbag.  If he could have combined his intelligence and his lack of ethical backbone, he would have been a truly heinous President that would have Trump look like a harmless Franklin Pierce.  But luckily for all of us, he's a complete and total asshole and voters see that.  Because his lead trait is cowardly fuckstick, he can't capitalize on his other traits and become President one day.  So be glad for that.  Probably why his wife steps out on him every chance she gets.  Oh sorry, did I say the quiet part out loud? 

On 4/28/2021 at 12:10 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

well, they were always trolls. now they're more organized

There's nothing left in their playbook anymore.  Just trolling, no actual governance or anything.  It's all MTG and Boobert now.   Just hang on to office and don't fix a damn thing.     Those of them in Austin are rigging the game in their favor.  It's very obvious and comes off as a hail mary.   40 years of dumbing down America has gotten them 40% of Americans voting for them.   The others are waking up.   They know it.   So they are pushing every despicable bill they can, and blocking all the real legislation because they know their days are numbered.  

The question is can we get them out before they destroy Texas by ignoring global warming?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Exactly. But as a senator you could at least champion some shit especially for a state as big as Texas. Cruz and cornyn have done nothing. It’s pretty sad.

Think of previous representation from Texas that got this state a manned space flight center and an unfinished super collider. These two dipshits don't even think on that level. It's all about how much obstruction can we do while being as cruel as possible.
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

On 4/22/2021 at 2:35 PM, atomheartbevo said:

On 4/22/2021 at 2:37 PM, Planet Houston said:

Goddammit it’s Vulvarine and that’s all there is to it. Someone on here coined the term and it’s fucking perfect. 

On 4/22/2021 at 2:38 PM, Planet Houston said:

Although that’s super offensive to vulvas now that I think about it more. They don’t deserve the stink that is Ted Cruz. 

Would Fullvarine be an acceptable compromise?

He still should have been booted from the senate for what happened on January 6th and again for high-tailing it to Mexico while his constituents were freezing to death, but I wouldn’t wish depression on him or anyone else for that matter. 

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 6:13 PM, Lobo said:

"Look, we don't need burdensome regulations to clean the general public's water beyond the gates.  The resort has its own filtration system and complimentary Evians.  Plus, open bar dude!  Complimentary margaritas and beers, bro!"

-The Senator of the most powerful state in the nation, Ladies and Gentlemen.  

I know y'all think he's a fucking idiot.  But he's not.  He's one of the 20 smartest people I've ever met.  But he's also an evil shitbag.  If he could have combined his intelligence and his lack of ethical backbone, he would have been a truly heinous President that would have Trump look like a harmless Franklin Pierce.  But luckily for all of us, he's a complete and total asshole and voters see that.  Because his lead trait is cowardly fuckstick, he can't capitalize on his other traits and become President one day.  So be glad for that.  Probably why his wife steps out on him every chance she gets.  Oh sorry, did I say the quiet part out loud? 

There is nothing in Cruz’s public life that supports the theory of him being exceptionally smart.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo
18 minutes ago, Satchel said:

There is nothing in Cruz’s public life that supports the theory of him being exceptionally smart.

Okay.  But I respectfully disagree.  If not for Trump, he would have gone from former Solicitor General of the State of Texas to the 2016 GOP Nominee for President of the United States (though, losing to Hillary...but still) in the course of 4 years.  He and John Drogin invented the path by which disinformation and tactical never-voted demographic messaging would be the default, not the outlier to bring down David Dewhurst...and almost used it to win the GOP nomination.  Problem is, his blindspot was Trump getting an even bigger copy of the playbook.  Anyway, he's a sharp guy.  

Be glad that Trump wasn't smart.  And be glad Cruz wasn't likable.  Because both of those cases would have brought our nation to its knees.  

But I get it, y'all think he's a fucking idiot.  So I'll hang back and listen.  His game now is SCOTUS.

Edited by Lobo