¡Snek!

Patricio Swayze

18 minutes ago, retsevlys said:

Serious question here.  I like shooting guns with the rest of y'all.  If the snake was secured with a rake, why not kill it with the rake?  Obviously not as fun, but also less of a to-do.

I mean of yer gonna kill, go big or go home .  A rake ?!  WHERE IS YOUR SENSE OF STYLE ?!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

How do you get close enough with a wedge or rake without opening yourself up to potentially getting bit from it launching itself at you. Those things can move quickly.

We've got a lot of experience.  The last six years have been snake Armageddon.  

Damn, I was out roaming with the kids the last couple days completely carefree from rattlers due to the cold. They were crawling through the brush around the stock tank collecting “dinosaur” bones. Glad I didn’t check this thread beforehand or they wouldn’t have had nearly as much fun. Also glad they didn’t come across any big mutherfuckers like bmbmd!

Killed about a 20" rattlesnake on my patio last week. Mrs Rojo found it...yes there was a PESCADOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! moment. Told the boy to fetch me a shovel, whacked it in the head with the flat of the shovel, then used the side to cut it's head off. Mrs Rojo still won't go in the back yard. 

Good on little Rojo. If memory serves me correctly, didn’t I go to high school with Mrs. Rojo?

On 10/15/2019 at 3:41 PM, Homesickhorn said:

I found one in my back yard that I kept as a pet for almost six years. Never snapped at me once, easily the nicest snake I’ve ever owned. And they’re typically pretty mean. RIP Billy Jack.

I had a bull snake someone gave me as a baby. I had it about a year, then it got so ornery that I couldn't feed it very easily. Finally just let it go.

On 10/21/2019 at 10:01 AM, bmbmd said:

The neighbor died a few years ago. His granary is about a hundred  yards from my place. It’s full of rotting feed.  His rats spill over to my barn. Snakes line up for an easy meal. The place is on the market if you’re interested

How much will you pay me to take it off your hands?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2020 at 10:24 PM, NorthLoop said:

I wanna know the evolution of that. Like how does the genetic code of that snake know to create a fake spider on it's tail over thousands of years. That shit is fascinating. 

A big bang occurred that aligned billions of variables and presto, science.

Edited by RollLeft