Take the Loss Pussy!

blacklab

12 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Speaking of history, in (I think) 2022/ 2023, will be 100 years since the last home & home contest, would have been cool for those 2 seasons to be played home & home for the occasion... (I know it won't happen)...

Yikes! The State Fair is perfect. Don't fuck with it. (Now if you want to do a one-off night game, I might be interested.)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

The fuck is wrong with you? Texas is halfway through the season and I am praying that all of them, coaches and players, start buying into the “one game at a time” scenario. Maybe it’s the fact that I played baseball, which makes me superstitious as all hell, but I’m asking you to pull back the reins. And please, don’t hashtag that stupid shit.

Your post, is either a lock-stock giveaway that you’re an incredibly good troll, or it shows your age.

If I'm not mistaken, kopp0e is a sooner fan.

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

A lot of football left to be played this season by both teams.  He may get another shot at Texas.

Ah yes, I forgot the Big XII title game in the round robin format.  Genius!

Good.  I hope we get him again.  I'd like to see BJ Foster snatch his midget leg again and put his pouty ass down.

2 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I would lay serious cash on OU losing at least 2 more. That defense is a fucking landfill fire and firing Stoops ain't gonna fix it. TCU, WVU, and Tech will all put up 40+ on them. 

Would not bet on Tech beating them in Norman.  That’s not how that series works.

16 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Ah yes, I forgot the Big XII title game in the round robin format.  Genius!

Let's not forget the NCAA said Big 12 teams couldn't make the playoff without their teams participating in a conference title game, only to have the NCAA turn around and let teams in the playoff without playing in their conference title game.

Edited by pacman
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I would lay serious cash on OU losing at least 2 more. That defense is a fucking landfill fire and firing Stoops ain't gonna fix it. TCU, WVU, and Tech will all put up 40+ on them. 

I don't doubt that possibility.  Or at the very least, OU suffers only one more loss at the hands of West Virginia in Morgantown.  If West Virginia finishes with just 1 conference loss, it's in.  And Texas gets a shot at the Big XII title game with either 1 or 2 conference losses (in the latter scenario getting the nod over OU for head-to-head). 

I'm trying to articulate a way of saying that I'd rather not play OU a second time in the conference championship, without sounding like a Kyler Murray-esque little pussy (bringing this back to the thread title).  But a re-match can usually work in favor of the team that lost the first game, and adding the anything-can-happen factor of a huge rivalry game, it seems like Texas would be better off facing another team for the Big XII title.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I don't doubt that possibility.  Or at the very least, OU suffers only one more loss at the hands of West Virginia in Morgantown.  If West Virginia finishes with just 1 conference loss, it's in.  And Texas gets a shot at the Big XII title game with either 1 or 2 conference losses (in the latter scenario getting the nod over OU for head-to-head). 

I'm trying to articulate a way of saying that I'd rather not play OU a second time in the conference championship, without sounding like a Kyler Murray-esque little pussy (bringing this back to the thread title).  But a re-match can usually work in favor of the team that lost the first game, and adding the anything-can-happen factor of a huge rivalry game, it seems like Texas would be better off facing another team for the Big XII title.

I'm not afraid of playing OU again. I'm more concerned about getting Tech or TCU or WVU and looking past them in a potential CCG.

Yeah we won the first match-up, but there were a lot of things that Texas could clean up. 

I don't think the result would be any different. I think we are a more physical and better coached team. We've also proven we can win despite a monster Cryler game. 

Do none of you relish the opportunity to go 2-0 in THE SAME YEAR against these fucks? I'll be saying "Remember when we beat you twice in one season?" until they lower my coffin. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I agree. Let them sit on this loss for a full year as we have had to do many times this decade.

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Do none of you relish the opportunity to go 2-0 in THE SAME YEAR against these fucks? I'll be saying "Remember when we beat you twice in one season?" until they lower my coffin. 

Don't get me wrong.  It would be glorious for Sam to tell Kyler, "Take another loss, pussy!" 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Damn right, except this time we keep our foot on their throats.

1 hour ago, pacman said:

Let's not forget the NCAA said Big 12 teams couldn't make the playoff without their teams participating in a conference title game, only to have the NCAA turn around and let teams in the playoff without playing in their conference title game.

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but just to be clear, the NCAA doesn't have anything to do with the FBS (D1-A) postseason.  The CFP isn't associated with the NCAA, other than it features and selects football teams of schools that are members of the NCAA.

The CFP Selection Committee is solely responsible for which participants get in, or do not get in, to the college football playoff.  They're the ones changing the rules, enacting vagaries, and constantly moving the goalposts to fit whatever narrative ESPN constructs for them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Yikes! The State Fair is perfect. Don't fuck with it. (Now if you want to do a one-off night game, I might be interested.)

I completely agree, and enjoy the current location at Fair Park, was just mentioning the fact that it would "be an option", as the 100 year anniversary of the last home & home games... On the night game, it would be a massively electric atmosphere, but also a logistical nightmare in trying to leave...

9 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

That jagoff is kind of strange. Almost like he thinks he’s better than others. Maybe even entitled. Or, he could just be an asshole.

After defeating stormtroopers on Endor, he thought he was invincible.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

given that the "block" was after the ball was intercepted, it would make murray a potential tackler and GJ a potential blocker. i dont know of any defensive players that try to cut offensive players who are potentially blocking for a ball carrier. that scenario is incredibly odd and unlikely as everyone is trying to get to the ball carrier to stop them. thusly, i would surmise that it had to be the former because of the latter.

Seriously?  The reason why you never see it is because it's illegal.  The reason why it's illegal is because everyone used to do it, particularly on returns.  You'd also see it when a RB was behind two pulling linemen -- defender would dive at linemen's legs and try to take both out.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

34 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

Is there actual audio of this, or is it still just a rumor?

Haven't seen anything with any audio yet, but I'm 100% sure the last word out of Sam's mouth is "bitch" and not "pussy." 

It may be that he said the whole take the loss pussy and then turned back around and said fuck you bitch or something along those lines. 

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

I’ll never call the state fair perfect. It’s a god damn logistics nightmare....but the Cotton Bowl is a hell of a fun place to watch this game. The fair can fucking burn in hell. 

• Fuck You 7

5 hours ago, utee94 said:

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but just to be clear, the NCAA doesn't have anything to do with the FBS (D1-A) postseason.  The CFP isn't associated with the NCAA, other than it features and selects football teams of schools that are members of the NCAA.

The CFP Selection Committee is solely responsible for which participants get in, or do not get in, to the college football playoff.  They're the ones changing the rules, enacting vagaries, and constantly moving the goalposts to fit whatever narrative ESPN constructs for them.

Yes, correct. I did misspeak there.

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Seriously?  The reason why you never see it is because it's illegal.  The reason why it's illegal is because everyone used to do it, particularly on returns.  You'd also see it when a RB was behind two pulling linemen -- defender would dive at linemen's legs and try to take both out.

No shit. That was the point I was getting at. Aside from it being completely outside of the purpose of fielding a defense to begin with.

12 hours ago, lonestar3 said:

Haven't seen anything with any audio yet, but I'm 100% sure the last word out of Sam's mouth is "bitch" and not "pussy." 

It may be that he said the whole take the loss pussy and then turned back around and said fuck you bitch or something along those lines. 

Either version is appropriate. ou sux!