Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

48 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Wasn't that the event that was attended by only 7 students?  Which I guess is pretty good considering only 10 were invited.  

Trump brought 200 of his supporters with him because...of course

Trump speaks at HBCU Benedict College as students are asked to stay in dorms

a lot of people were saying 4000 people were there, but we only invited 10. 

I was thinking about Trump's tweets at Kamala this morning. There was nothing special about them, coming from him, and no one will be talking about them and they'll be forgotten quickly. Now, imagine any other president had done that. It would be huge national news and would have everyone questioning the president's mental health. "Today, President Bush attacked a sitting United States senator on twitter, in an act so hateful and random...."

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I was thinking about Trump's tweets at Kamala this morning. There was nothing special about them, coming from him, and no one will be talking about them and they'll be forgotten quickly. Now, imagine any other president had done that. It would be huge national news and would have everyone questioning the president's mental health. "Today, President Bush attacked a sitting United States senator on twitter, in an act so hateful and random...."

It's almost the equivalent of old man yelling at the clouds.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The president is always supposed to pay for their private meals. Being POTUS doesn’t entitle you to free food for every meal. 

however that doesn’t mean that trump is actually paying his food  bill. What is the WH supposed to do if trump says he won’t pay?  Not give him food?

the whole thing must've been so confusing for him.

sir, we're going to camp david.

wait, camp david, i don't own that.  shit, i don't even have a licensing deal there, otherwise it would be called camp donald, not sure who this david fellow is.

yes, but it's a traditional presidential retreat, so we're gonna do it there.

ok, but trump catering can come in and provide the burgers and fries, right?  it'll be like $600k, so i'll just submit my invoice.

no, we have a chef, and it's handled like all meals here, it's part of the budget.

the budget?  so, like taxpayer money?

yes sir.

ok, hmm.  that's a tough one.  i'll just tweet out that i paid for it, because taxes are paid by america and i am america.  thanks for the info, john.

it's jeff.

whatever.

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And this is where I cannot get on board with the “Nationalize Facebook” crowd.

seriously.

this is one of those rare times where the decision between letting zuckerberg have everyone's info vs letting trump have everyone's info becomes quite the easy one. 

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Yeah but remember that time Obama was black?

And he was black like everyday even though he knew many people didn't like it.  Seemed like he was taunting them -- so damned arrogant.  It was unforgivable. 

so dumb.

i'm sure a surly atty could provide a clearer metaphor, but to me it's like some guy who runs a restaurant started noticing that drugs were being dealt out of his kitchen.  he tells the cops, who bring in the feds and dea.  they stake out the spot, set up taps, assign some tails, and start investigating everyone.

a few weeks later, they've brought down dealers, suppliers, and money people - and are picking off targets one by one.

then the kingpin turns around and says, "i don't understand, where is this restaurant owner i keep hearing so much about?!  where has he disappeared to?!"

highly suspect!

47 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Well, other than identifying him/her so that Trump supporters can terrorize and/or assassinate him/her.  Which is exactly why Trump wants this person outed.  

it doesn't matter.

unless he writes down and notorizes the sentence "please kill [this person]" it's totally ok.

and even then it's probably 50-50.

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Why does it matter "where" the whistleblower is? Everything has been confirmed, some of it by Trump himself. 

There was no quid pro quo. This is a factual matter. With the benefit of hindsight, we know that Ukraine got their aid but did not investigate Hunter Biden. Ergo, we know to a certainty there was no quid pro quo.

All of this speculation people are engaging in is irrelevant. 

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Fuck You 12

11 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

There was no quid pro quo. This is a factual matter. With the benefit of hindsight, we know that Ukraine got their aid but did not investigate Hunter Biden. Ergo, we know to a certainty there was no quid pro quo.

All of this speculation people are engaging in is irrelevant. 

Against my better judgment, I'm going to educate you:

1.  an offer of "quid pro quo" is not necessary for the crime to have been committed

2.  an offer of "quid pro quo" was made

3.  the fact that it wasn't acted upon is irrelevant

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Against my better judgment, I'm going to educate you:

1.  an offer of "quid pro quo" is not necessary for the crime to have been committed

2.  an offer of "quid pro quo" was made

3.  the fact that it wasn't acted upon is irrelevant

I'll take your points one by one.

1 - This is an excellent argument.

2 - This is a delusion. We have a near transcript, it showed no exchange.

3 - It's like charging someone with murder but not having a body. You have no evidence the crime was committed.

Whistleblowers do not get their identity protected. It's not a thing.

• Fuck You 7

9 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

1 - This is an excellent argument.

- yes it is

2 - This is a delusion. We have a near transcript, it showed no exchange.

- you're an idiot

3 - It's like charging someone with murder but not having a body. You have no evidence the crime was committed.

- you're an exceptionally idiotic idiot

Whistleblowers do not get their identity protected. It's not a thing.

- your idiocy is off the charts.

Fuck off.

• Like 1

hammer makes such a good point.  the issue is that trump is a horrific negotiator who nobody takes seriously, in his own country or on the world stage.  a former comedian turned president of ukraine told him what he needed to hear, mixed in a "sir" and got the aid that was illegally held up by the administration.  he outsmarted trump in his first months on the job.

making threats = not illegal

proposing quid pro quo = not illegal

extortion = not illegal

holding up approved aid that might offend putin = not illegal

i mean, shit, do they give a nobel prize for attempted chemistry?

A quid pro quo isn't illegal, it's an exchange. If I walk into a convenience store, and they give me two Monsters, I give then $4.31, that's a quid pro quo. 

Can someone show me where Trump said "give me an investigation and I'll give you your aid"? If you are claiming something is true, you need evidence. That's how evidence works. You can believe something is true and still admit there isn't evidence for it.

• Fuck You 14

5 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

A quid pro quo isn't illegal, it's an exchange. If I walk into a convenience store, and they give me two Monsters, I give then $4.31, that's a quid pro quo. 

Can someone show me where Trump said "give me an investigation and I'll give you your aid"? If you are claiming something is true, you need evidence. That's how evidence works. You can believe something is true and still admit there isn't evidence for it.

quid pro quo isn't illegal.  but when you're the president, and you're using it as an exchange to have a foreign power investigate an american citizen (and his family) who happens to be your domestic political rival, and you're holding up taxpayer money until the investigation announcement is made, then yeah, that's called abuse of power.  that's pretty much chapter 1 of impeachable offenses.

evidence, shit, that's a tough one.  i mean, besides the fact that giuliani said it on tv.  then trump did.  then trump said the same about china.  then everyone said he was joking.  then trump said he wasn't joking.  then mulvaney confirmed it on tv.  then said lol jk.

also there's a chance some evidence might come out as part of the long parade of people defying presidential orders and testifying this month.

but maybe they're just talking about the weather.  the gop still accepts that weather is a thing, right?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

What a fucking moron. 

29 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

this guy is Rocko level dumb, and likely shits his pants on the reg.

Edited by Jack Straw
Rocko, Rocky, whatever it takes

15 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

A quid pro quo isn't illegal, it's an exchange.

Why are you belaboring this point when you have already admitted that quid pro quo isn't necessary for a crime to have been committed?  Trump solicited a foreign power to investigate his biggest rival for the 2020 election.  That solicitation is illegal.  FEC Rules Mama should have told you out front.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

but maybe they're just talking about the weather.  the gop still accepts that weather is a thing, right?

Not only does the GOP accept that the weather is a thing, if they end up confirming the Accuweather guy as head of NOAA (Trump has nominated him);  your weather will be privatized and cost you tree-fiddy.

2 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

a sitting president suggested a foreign government interfere in a US election for his benefit 

if found guilty, the death penalty should be in play. treason 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, HenryJames said:

i am not an English teacher, but...

Badly failing presidential candidate KamalaHarris will not go to a very wonderful largely African American event today because yesterday I recieved a major award, at the same event, for being able to produce & sign into law major Criminal Justice Reform legislation, which will greatly help the African American community (and all other communities), and which was unable to get done in past administrations despite a tremendous desire for it.

that is some sentence!

Edited by yoladu

"We could really use some javelins."

"Do me a favor, though. Investigate my political rival."

"I'd like some weed."

"Do me a favor, though. Go steal something out of that dude's truck."

I just don't see how Trump supporters don't see it. They either knew it happened and don't care and want to keep Trump in power for the worst possible reasons or it is a level of cognitive dissonance that is at mental illness levels.
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, yoladu said:

i am not an English teacher, but...

Badly failing presidential candidate KamalaHarris will not go to a very wonderful largely African American event today because yesterday I recieved a major award, at the same event, for being able to produce & sign into law major Criminal Justice Reform legislation, which will greatly help the African American community (and all other communities), and which was unable to get done in past administrations despite a tremendous desire for it.

that is some sentence!

I just don't get how people support President Major Award, much less pretend that he's intelligent enough, much less mentally WELL enough, to continue in the capacity as the manager of an Arby's, much less POTUS.

3 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Has right-wing media reached this level of laughably stupid talking points for you fucking morons to parrot?

A president exchanging American taxpayer money for his own ****personal**** benefit (instead of the benefit of the country) is 1) an abuse of power, 2) an abandonment of the oath of office, 3) profoundly un-patriotic (if not treasonous).  

Without a doubt, Trump betrayed his duty to advance the interests of this country.  

How fucking stupid to say "show me a quid pro quo" when the president admitted it, his personal lawyer admitted it, the whistleblower reported it, the diplomats confirmed it, the White House spokesman confirmed it, the intelligence agencies are confirming it, the Ukrainians are confirming it, etc, etc.  The facts aren't even in debate anymore (if they ever were).  

But you want to stomp your food and demand "evidence?"   GTFO.

The level of stupidity is astounding.  It's like a person goes to the police and reports the identity of a bank robber.  And then the police interview the suspect and he says,  "Yeah, I robbed the bank," and then having that confession confirmed by every single witness... the bank robber's attorney says, "yeah, he totally fucking did it."  Also confirmed by the bank, the video camera footage, the bank robber's co-conspirators, the other bank patrons, etc.  Then the bank robber says on live TV, "yeah, I definitely robbed that bank and I'm calling on China to help me rob another bank."  And then the bank robber's defenders shout, "YOU PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW EVIDENCE WORKS!"

Edited by Paul Wesley
  • Like 6