Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

i spend a lot of time bashing republicans these days, but at least they had the self-awareness to stop calling liberals 'snowflakes' once this pussy took office.

When you have the biggest snowflake in the world sitting in the Oval Office, yeah, you kind of have to find another term to use.

One page back- I figured you all would have some choice comments about the President name dropping Barry (Switzer, not Obama)

40 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

5 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I saw comments regarding Colorado and the wall yesterday so I went to read the transcript (I think this is accurately a transcript!) of the President's speech at the Shale conference yesterday and folks missed a few gems:

Good ol' Barry....

DJ is a landlord, too, and he got sued. Matter of fact, DJ is a slumlord:

Dog whistle:

And then, of course he will not step down....

And never mind the drinking water or being able to set your tap water on fire:

There's more, but that was enough for now. Oh, and New York, which apparently has rules against pipelines, etc? He wants to abolish all that. He says they are sitting on wealth. He also made reference to making the roads straighter for producers? In context, I took it to mean that producers now have to sometimes make jogs around areas due to easements, property rights, environmental issues, etc. I will have to examine that a little closer.

quotes are in the original

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Clarification

15 minutes ago, yoladu said:

shooting guys on 5th avenue is fun!

another small thing that got lost in the shuffle was this ^^ quote.  it got brought up again recently when talking to trump's (now) personal attorney.  they asked him about investigating trump, and he said it can't happen.  then they asked him about shooting a guy on 5th avenue, and the attorney still said, nope, nothing would happen.

it's interesting to me, because a couple years ago, when trump first said this, it wasn't about being above the law, it was about how loyal his followers were.  he said he could shoot a guy on 5th avenue and not lose a single vote.  but now the quote has been repurposed, and is used by his own attorney to show that he can't be investigated or arrested no matter what he does.

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

another small thing that got lost in the shuffle was this ^^ quote.  it got brought up again recently when talking to trump's (now) personal attorney.  they asked him about investigating trump, and he said it can't happen.  then they asked him about shooting a guy on 5th avenue, and the attorney still said, nope, nothing would happen.

it's interesting to me, because a couple years ago, when trump first said this, it wasn't about being above the law, it was about how loyal his followers were.  he said he could shoot a guy on 5th avenue and not lose a single vote.  but now the quote has been repurposed, and is used by his own attorney to show that he can't be investigated or arrested no matter what he does.

Pretty soon it'll be "Many people are saying that I can shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and I can't be prosecuted for. A lot of people don't know that."

5 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

it's gotta be a no, right?  He knows there's no way he can keep from looking like an idiot and that's his least favorite thing.

If the series makes it to Sunday, there should be a twitter avalanche shaming him into doing it.  

If he does go through w/ it (which I  doubt he ever would) he'd look like the fat doofus he is.  And as BC pointed out, he'd get booed mercilessly. 

If he chickens out, well, the joke possibilities are endless.  Bone spurs strike again. 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

There's no way he actually WANTS to go.  I'd imagine he picked Game 5 for a reason, as there's still a chance it won't happen.  Root for the 'stros.

He wants to go because he wants to be an asshole, and ruin the World Series like he did NFL games.  And then being able to rage tweet about the ungrateful scum of the earth at the Nats game who booed him.

SIAP, but here's more evidence that evangelical beliefs and watching Fox "News" rot the brain...not that it wasn't already abundantly clear.

99% of White Evangelicals oppose Trump's impeachment

Spoiler

White evangelical Protestants have never held President Trump's possible moral shortcomings against him, supporting him despite his string of marriages, occasionally foul language and questionable familiarity with Biblical teaching. Although Mr. Trump has boasted about grabbing women in vulgar language, and referred to Second Corinthians as "Two Corinthians" in a pre-election forum, 81% of white evangelical Protestants supported Mr. Trump in the 2016 election.

The president has counted white evangelical Protestant leaders like Robert Jeffress and Jerry Falwell Jr. as some of his strongest allies since taking office. While they may recoil at his abrasive language, white evangelical Protestants are largely pleased with Mr. Trump's role in nominating conservative judges to the federal bench. Although many faith leaders opposed Mr. Trump's decision to withdraw American troops from northern Syria — televangelist Pat Robertson warned that Mr. Trump was "in danger of losing the mandate of heaven" — a new poll suggests that white evangelical Protestants are sticking with the president through the impeachment inquiry.

According to a poll released this week by the Public Religion Research Institute, a nonprofit nonpartisan organization, 99% of Republican white evangelical Protestants oppose the impeachment and removal of Mr. Trump from office. This is an even greater percentage than overall Republicans, 94% of which oppose the impeachment and removal of Mr. Trump. (Ninety-nine percent of Republicans who watch Fox News, a subsection that likely overlaps with white evangelical Protestants, also oppose impeachment and removal.)

Separately, an NPR/Marist poll published in late September found that 74% of white evangelical Protestants opposed the House opening an impeachment inquiry into Mr. Trump.

While the PRRI poll found that 77% of white evangelical Protestants approve of the job Mr. Trump is doing in office, only 54% of white mainline Protestants and 48% of white Catholics approve of his job performance. There are also divides along racial lines: 72% of Hispanic Catholics and 86% of black Protestants disapprove of Mr. Trump's job performance.

There is also widespread disagreement over whether Mr. Trump has encouraged white supremacist violence while in office. Seventy percent of white evangelical Protestants, 51% of white mainline Protestants, and 46% of white Catholics say that Mr. Trump has not had an impact on white supremacist groups, according to the PRRI poll. However, 78% of black Protestants say that Mr. Trump's decisions and behavior have encouraged white supremacist groups.

Still, Mr. Trump's support among white evangelical Protestants is not completely ironclad. An NPR/Marist poll from earlier in September found that 62% of white evangelical Protestants definitely plan to vote for Mr. Trump. And if he does hold onto their support, that demographic may not be enough to swing the election in his favor.

after the "storming of the castle" yesterday reminded me of the shutdown from s5 of the west wing, the whole setup to bartlet throwing out the first pitch at the orioles game is doing it again.

paraphrasing between toby and josh-

-you gotta make him practice, get a glove and a ball, go play catch.

-it's a 6 foot throw from the stands, it's little league.

-no, he wants to throw from the mound, with a vest on.  go practice.  fdr threw from the stands in '37, beaned one of his photographers, extended the depression by another 4 years.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

it’s not a crime unless you yell, “crime!” while you’re doing it. 

or immediately afterwards. 

btw, i was obviously joking when i wrote this...but today, one of the primary talking points (from graham and others) was that since trump didn't say anything directly to bill taylor, that anything in his opening statement should be considered "hearsay" and likely not completely credible.

they're literally waiting for someone to actually hear him yell crime firsthand.

42 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

btw, i was obviously joking when i wrote this...but today, one of the primary talking points (from graham and others) was that since trump didn't say anything directly to bill taylor, that anything in his opening statement should be considered "hearsay" and likely not completely credible.

they're literally waiting for someone to actually hear him yell crime firsthand.

If trump admitted to a crime they’d just say he was joking. Best to just ignore them and do what needs to be done. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I saw someone on Twitter give Trump the moniker of World Class Dipshit this morning, and I like it. 

I like it because Trump thinks everything he does is World Class. And I like it because Trump is a dipshit. 

11 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

anything worth doing is worth doing right.

It's also worth screen printing a bunch of tshirts so you can make $$. If you design it similar to an Ed Hardy shirt, you can probably sell it to Trump supporters.