Michael Knight

Vince Young Hall of Famer

3 minutes ago, wood said:

Jesus, lol. Dude went 30-17 with a career .500 coach that hated him and set him up for failure in an offense that literally could not have possibly been worse for him ... and he's a bust?

Ya, ok. :jlaw:

But he got many chances after the fuckhead Fisher. What's the excuse there??? He couldn't cut it and wasn't a good enough passer in the NFL. How the fuck can you argue that? You act like he had no opportunities after Fisher you fucking idiot. 

Edited by HundredWaters

9 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Don't let that faget derail a thread honoring the great VY.

Congrats, VInce.  Best cfb QB ever. 

You're right, of course.

No matter how idiotic his view of the situation might be, it belongs in some other thread. But in this one?  Naw. Fuck that shit.

QB Rating in the first four years in which he received significant playing time (leaving out 2008 when he had about a game's worth of passes)

Clearly, VY was lazy, not putting in the work, and not improving.

In those 4 seasons, the Titans were historically bad without him and about had one of the better records in the NFL with him. Chris Johnson was significantly better with VY on the field. His 2000 yard season doesn't happen without VY in the backfield as well. 

The perception was that the Titans had a great defense, but the truth is they only had a good defense in 2008, when Fisher paired a championship caliber defense with Kerry Collins. The result was a successful regular season and an early playoff loss. During the years where VY received significant playing time, the Titan defense was towards the bottom of the NFL (bottom 2 in two seasons and middle of the pack in two seasons). Yet the Titans continued to win with him and lose without him. Weird.

I apologize for being drawn offsides as well. VY is on the Mount Rushmore of college football players. His NFL career was confusing with a disappointing ending, but I think the past few years have vindicated the victory begins and ends with VY crowd. NFL success is so dependent upon the situation. 

Yeah Mole, Diggler, & Slorch, I'm outta rep. Hit y'all up later...

Edited by wood

Watching Clemson blow out Alabama got me thinking about something g closer to the actual point of this thread. I think we undersell how great USC actually was. Until that night, they might actually have been the greatest team of all time. Think about all of the NFL talent not named VY that Texas had. It was a scary team without him. In normal years they might have competed for a championship. Add an unfair and virtually unstoppable QB and Texas still had to pull out a lot of magic to win. 

How many teams could have hung with that Texas team?

Article form

“We interviewed Mack Brown last week on our FOX show and I spoke about that story with Mack Brown,” Bush said. “Mack Brown validated it. I didn’t know he knew about it. But Mack Brown said that Vince came to him and told him that they had basically offered him the Heisman Trophy and he was going to turn it down. Mack Brown supported him.

“Vince and Texas, they just beat us in the national championship. He had every right to be like, ‘Why not? I just beat them. I just beat USC. I just beat Matt Leinart. I just beat Reggie Bush who won the Heisman Trophy. This is my time. This is my time to take what’s mine and what’s rightfully mine.’ And that’s why I appreciate Vince because even in that moment and even in that time, he wasn’t a sucker. Period. He didn’t go for whatever they were trying to bring his way, and I appreciate him for that because that’s real. That’s real love. I think that’s so powerful when I think about it. Sometimes I get chills down my back because he had every right, every right to say, ‘Yeah, give me that Heisman.’ And he didn’t. So Vince showed me the kind of love that even some of the people closest to me didn’t show.”

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/reggie-bush-vince-young-turned-down-2005-heisman-trophy/

On 1/7/2019 at 9:51 PM, HundredWaters said:

Sad this isn't the NFL HOF, but even with fuckhead Fisher, the guy was a NFL bust whose ignorance ultimately killed him  

You've been hating on Vince for more a decade.

So he fucked your mother a bunch of times. Who hasn't? Get over it, shithead.

Yeah, he's showing Reggie some love, but also saying fuck you to the Heisman and its voters. Good for Vince

Re: Reggie's Claim

If false, VY is a bad ass. If true, VY is an even bigger bad ass.

You've been hating on Vince for more a decade.
So he fucked your mother a bunch of times. Who hasn't? Get over it, shithead.
Nfl hof is actually easier to get in to math-wise.

Yeah, he's showing Reggie some love, but also saying fuck you to the Heisman and its voters. Good for Vince

He should have gotten it in the first damn place.