What is this Oumuamua alien spacecraft shit?

XYZ

17 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Not that you'd have much choice in the matter.

It's weird cigar shape isn't consistent with any other naturally forming artifact we've ever found in space. It's changes in speed has been puzzling as well. 

That said just saying it's aliens is stupid. There's bound to be many natural anomalies out there we haven't discovered yet, and as far as I know we haven't detected any kind of radiation, electromagnetic or otherwise, coming off the thing to suggest it's communicating with anyone. 

14 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

It's weird cigar shape isn't consistent with any other naturally forming artifact we've ever found in space. It's changes in speed has been puzzling as well. 

That said just saying it's aliens is stupid. There's bound to be many natural anomalies out there we haven't discovered yet, and as far as I know we haven't detected any kind of radiation, electromagnetic or otherwise, coming off the thing to suggest it's communicating with anyone. 

Especially since it is believed to be our first known interstellar visitor.  

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

Yeah, the guy has been really beat up by his colleagues, but he says he won’t stop saying it until the data proves him wrong. 

The fact that is speeding up as it gets farther away from the sun is pretty interesting 

I don't think its speeding up as it travels away from the Sun.

It its a solar sail, then it should be reflective. Light bouncing off would cause a greater change in velocity of the sail than light being absorbed by the sail. If its reflective, then shouldn't we be able to see it fairly well? Well enough to see if its actually a rock or a sail at least?

Any astrophysicists up in here?

On second thought, it would only be easier to see if it were moving away from us (in other words, if we were behind it). If its headed out of the solar system, that would be the case, right?

So, yeah.

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think it picked up some unexpected speed but its generally slowing down as it leaves the solar system.

We have the tech to send something to another star system.  It would just take a really long time.

wouldn't that make sense if there was ice or other solids on the object that would go through sublimation now that they're directly facing the sun?

During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SHOOTER12 said:

"We, your reptilian overlords have been here for centuries.  It is only now that we have decided to be revealed...

Attention all planets of the solar system, we have assumed control, we have assumed control".

It's true.

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2019 at 2:27 PM, Junior Miller said:

There's bound to be many natural anomalies out there we haven't discovered yet, and as far as I know we haven't detected any kind of radiation, electromagnetic or otherwise, coming off the thing to suggest it's communicating with anyone. 

The first part of this sentence completely negates the second part. Congratulations. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

The first part of this sentence completely negates the second part. Congratulations. 

No it doesn't. If we discovered it was emitting some sort of radio signals or other possible means of communication then we'd be more likely to seriously consider it was artificially made. It doesn't mean it absolutely is artificial, but based on our own technologies and understanding it would at least make it more plausible. 

On 2/5/2019 at 3:02 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

It its a solar sail, then it should be reflective. Light bouncing off would cause a greater change in velocity of the sail than light being absorbed by the sail. If its reflective, then shouldn't we be able to see it fairly well? Well enough to see if its actually a rock or a sail at least?

Any astrophysicists up in here?

On second thought, it would only be easier to see if it were moving away from us (in other words, if we were behind it). If its headed out of the solar system, that would be the case, right?

So, yeah.

Image result for michael scott quiet gif

On 2/5/2019 at 4:38 PM, hobbes2702 said:

I’ll wait for RayDog to tell me what to think.

Image result for michael scott head gif

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 3:13 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think it picked up some unexpected speed but its generally slowing down as it leaves the solar system.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:30 PM, Viper said:

wouldn't that make sense if there was ice or other solids on the object that would go through sublimation now that they're directly facing the sun?

Do y'all even Conservation of Momentum, my bros?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

If anyone wants more in depth discussion about the object with one of the scientists that discovered it there's a good podcast interview by John Michael Godier

So we have a Blue Whale swimming out there in the nether regions of our solar system...?

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

No it doesn't. If we discovered it was emitting some sort of radio signals or other possible means of communication then we'd be more likely to seriously consider it was artificially made. It doesn't mean it absolutely is artificial, but based on our own technologies and understanding it would at least make it more plausible. 

Nope.. you said "There's bound to be many natural anomalies out there we haven't discovered yet, and as far as I know we haven't detected any kind of radiation, electromagnetic or otherwise, coming off the thing to suggest it's communicating with anyone. 

So you're saying that there's natural anomalies that we haven't discovered yet, EXCEPT those which may be means of communication. Got it. 

34 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Nope.. you said "There's bound to be many natural anomalies out there we haven't discovered yet, and as far as I know we haven't detected any kind of radiation, electromagnetic or otherwise, coming off the thing to suggest it's communicating with anyone. 

So you're saying that there's natural anomalies that we haven't discovered yet, EXCEPT those which may be means of communication. Got it. 

Might just be me but I don't see the word EXCEPT anywhere in the post I made so you are infering meaning that isn't there. 

There are most likely natural anomalies in space we haven't discovered yet. 

We also haven't detected any signs to suggest that thing is communicating in any intelligent way so right now it would appear it's a natural anomaly. 

That doesn't mean it is for sure but until something different surfaces that's the most likely scenario. 

Does that make more sense to you?