Adrian Peterson broke?

GhostOfTomJoad

OU has a long storied history of having their star players make a shitload of money and then somehow lose it all. "The Best That Never Was" talked about how Marcus Dupree got a ton of money playing for the USFL and never saw a dime. Is the NFLPA not warning today's players about blowing their money on stupid ass "investments" for family and friends?

Bwahahaha hahahah hahahahhahaha. I have zero sympathy for fucking dumbasses who lack common sense.   Millions to play a kids game and broke as fuck. You don’t need a financial education you need common sense.  Good fuck him enjoy asking if they’d like fries with that 

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Nobody's surprised, right? I was predicting he'd be bankrupt within 5 years of retiring simply due to having a half dozen or so kids from as many women.

This is part of what did TO in.  He never had the child support payments changed to reflect he was out of the league and was paying something like $700k a year.

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

OU has a long storied history of having their star players make a shitload of money and then somehow lose it all. "The Best That Never Was" talked about how Marcus Dupree got a ton of money playing for the USFL and never saw a dime. Is the NFLPA not warning today's players about blowing their money on stupid ass "investments" for family and friends?

Every rookie has to attend the Rookie Symposium where they are specifically told about these very matters.

• Hook 'Em 1

When asked how many kids he had by ESPN in 2013, Adrian Peterson didn't answer with "one," or "two," or any other number that might've been otherwise reasonable. Instead he gave an ominous "I know the truth, and I’m comfortable with that knowledge.” 

Lulz. The number of kids attributed to him range from a low of 5 to a high of 9, including the infant who was tragically killed by the boyfriend of the baby momma (the kid Peterson only visited after his death)

Maybe AD stood for Always (raw) Dogging.

When asked how many kids he had by ESPN in 2013, Adrian Peterson didn't answer with "one," or "two," or any other number that might've been otherwise reasonable. Instead he gave an ominous "I know the truth, and I’m comfortable with that knowledge.” 

Lulz. The number of kids attributed to him range from a low of 5 to a high of 9, including the infant who was tragically killed by the boyfriend of the baby momma (the kid Peterson only visited after his death)

Maybe AD stood for Always (raw) Dogging.
Wowwowwow. Did not know that about not visiting his dead kid until the funeral. What a great person he is.

5 hours ago, Marfa Low Crown said:

It's fitting Adrian Peterson ended up broke. After all, he told us years ago that the NFL was modern slavery. 

Good for him.  He's freed of the slavery of an NFL career.  Sounds like things are looking up for him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

These players will never learn. They think that money will last forever (it should) and they spend accordingly. I won't pretend to know how it is to have family and every single person you've had contact with pulling at your strings in these situations but you can't trust anyone with your money. In fact, your financial advisers should be independent of their family or friends.

They are forced to attend a seminar as a rookie going over these but I'm sure half of them don't pay attention or think it can't happen to them. Or maybe in certain player's cases, they know they are a top pick and will make so much money where this won't apply to them. Not knowing their salary starts to disappear pretty fast with taxes, agent's cut and all sorts of other shit.

Also, didn't he roll up on elephants on a birthday of his? Probably not he smartest of ideas. 

Maybe Peterson did some local ads while playing for the vikes but I was always kinda surprised by his lack of high profile endorsements. Probably because he cant count to potato.

He'll at least be eligible for a nice NFL pension in about 20 years. Should pay him about half mil a year after a 12 year career. But I bet he sells out that annuity for pennies on the dollar for cash today. Then he'll open up a sports bar or a custom car audio shop.

33 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

These players will never learn. They think that money will last forever (it should) and they spend accordingly. I won't pretend to know how it is to have family and every single person you've had contact with pulling at your strings in these situations but you can't trust anyone with your money. In fact, your financial advisers should be independent of their family or friends.

They are forced to attend a seminar as a rookie going over these but I'm sure half of them don't pay attention or think it can't happen to them. Or maybe in certain player's cases, they know they are a top pick and will make so much money where this won't apply to them. Not knowing their salary starts to disappear pretty fast with taxes, agent's cut and all sorts of other shit.

Also, didn't he roll up on elephants on a birthday of his? Probably not he smartest of ideas. 

I’m sure 3/4’s of them don’t understand the financial presentation at all. Like Chad “OchoCinco” not understanding compound interest during the Cincinnati Hard Knocks  season. Might as well quote Socrates in the the original Greek for the all comprehension going on during the  rookie seminars. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic

Apparently one of his family members or someone close to his family was his financial advisor, and they just blew through his money. But then again, I don’t know, maybe don’t make the same exact mistake as so many athletes and find a credible financial advisor. We’ve all seen the 30 for 30 broke. Don’t be stupid

23 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Apparently one of his family members or someone close to his family was his financial advisor, and they just blew through his money. But then again, I don’t know, maybe don’t make the same exact mistake as so many athletes and find a credible financial advisor. We’ve all seen the 30 for 30 broke. Don’t be stupid

Fuck Adrian Peterson and his money problems.  No UT fan should give a shit.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Fuck Adrian Peterson and his money problems.  No UT fan should give a shit.  

Haha did I come off like I was being empathetic to his situation or like I felt sorry for him? I was just giving the details to what happened. Or at least what I heard. He isn’t the first dumb athlete to make this mistake and he won’t be the last. 

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Haha did I come off like I was being empathetic to his situation or like I felt sorry for him? I was just giving the details to what happened. Or at least what I heard. He isn’t the first dumb athlete to make this mistake and he won’t be the last. 

Good for you on your post.  He is a Sooner dumbass, broke ass, child beating clown, so fuck him.  By the way, I am glad he is broke.  I hope he is wiping windshields and selling papers on 59 in Houston soon.  

Maybe Peterson did some local ads while playing for the vikes but I was always kinda surprised by his lack of high profile endorsements. Probably because he cant count to potato.

He'll at least be eligible for a nice NFL pension in about 20 years. Should pay him about half mil a year after a 12 year career. But I bet he sells out that annuity for pennies on the dollar for cash today. Then he'll open up a sports bar or a custom car audio shop.

52f7d093bc8a0e4dde980e3616ae47ef.gif
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I’m sure 3/4’s of them don’t understand the financial presentation at all. Like Chad “OchoCinco” not understanding compound interest during the Cincinnati Hard Knocks  season. Might as well quote Socrates in the the original Greek for the all comprehension going on during the  rookie seminars. 

This is why I wonder how effective this rookie seminar actually is. Is it there only for show and the NFL can point and say 'hey look, we teach these guys' or do they actually attempt to teach these guys in ways they can understand. It's not even so much on how to invest your money but how to teach them about the leeches that are coming to come at them from all sides and this includes family and friends. That is where most of them get into debt. They have this trust with them prior and they think they have their best interest at heart but they only give a shit about their money. And it's easier said than done to tell someone to be weary of any family and friends especially after you have life long connections with them. Also learning how to say no. You can't help every single person who comes to you. I am on the outside looking in so I don't know how that is. Easy to say I'd do this or that from the outside but a lot of these players are thrown into a situation they are not fully capable of handling. The pros is vastly different from college. They no longer have that structure and can really do what they please.

I don't feel sorry for the ones who just blew their money on dumb shit or whatever but I do feel bad for the ones who are taken advantage of by people they trusted their whole lives. 

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

This is why I wonder how effective this rookie seminar actually is. Is it there only for show and the NFL can point and say 'hey look, we teach these guys' or do they actually attempt to teach these guys in ways they can understand. It's not even so much on how to invest your money but how to teach them about the leeches that are coming to come at them from all sides and this includes family and friends. That is where most of them get into debt. They have this trust with them prior and they think they have their best interest at heart but they only give a shit about their money. And it's easier said than done to tell someone to be weary of any family and friends especially after you have life long connections with them. Also learning how to say no. You can't help every single person who comes to you. I am on the outside looking in so I don't know how that is. Easy to say I'd do this or that from the outside but a lot of these players are thrown into a situation they are not fully capable of handling. The pros is vastly different from college. They no longer have that structure and can really do what they please.

I don't feel sorry for the ones who just blew their money on dumb shit or whatever but I do feel bad for the ones who are taken advantage of by people they trusted their whole lives. 

Money is a magnifier. For those who have it and for those around those who have it. If friendships, familial relations, expectations and obligations change based on the size of a bank account then those are people you don’t need in your life. 

That would be lesson one. 

Lesson two would be to not entrust your money to those who’ve never managed wealth before. 

And the third would be to find a financial adviser to teach you how to manage your own money.

Pretty simple really, but I don’t think most are listening, have a good sense of boundaries and responsibilities, or are fluent in the basic language of money to begin with. Sad really. 

Part of it is the sheer ignorance.  These lower class folks probably don't know how to work a checking account.  They only have one if their employer is direct deposit.  They've never had a house note, and probably not anything resembling normal car financing, either.

So start there.

Then blend in the arrogance and entitlement of an NFL or other pro athlete (I ain't here to play no school), and it's a really toxic combo.

And that's before you get into the toys, bling, pussy, and hanger-on family members.

Him and Vince are brothers from another mother. Oh and I know Vince won a title.  But Adrian will be an NFL HOF.  As a fan give me a title 100x out of 100.  

But you can bet your ass most players will take NFL HOF vs college title. 

But again, two subpar brains.  

Edit:  Adrian = idoit 

Edited by ChiTownDoc