2019 Texas Longhorns fall practice thread

Machinator

19 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I don't know if anything has changed with our docs, training staff, or coaching staff. It's obvious to me that he will play somewhere, though.

Yes, I am sure he will find a school that will clear him to play.  It just seems odd that he hasn't already transferred if Texas has no intention of ever clearing him.

7 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Do you know where I can get the hat that Herman was wearing last year? It was a white & Orange hat and had the state of Texas  on it with a star by the city of Austin

Edited by Rick Fuckin’ Dalton
  • Haha 1

Right, but why are they even pretending if his initial prognosis hasn't changed?

The prognosis was always unclear with a plan to rehab, train with the team in conditioning work, and reevaluate after the season. Nothing said or done so far appears to have deviated from that. What exactly would you have him do?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, South Austin said:

This seems like a bit much.  I know we get them at home early in the season with a new quarterback, but hard to see Texas favored by that much given OSU's success against Texas over the past several years. 

Just so we’re clear, Oklahoma State has the longest active winning streak of any team at DKR. Texas hasn’t put one together of the same size since 2009. OSU getting a bunch of points against Texas at home doesn’t get me pumped. 

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Just so we’re clear, Oklahoma State has the longest active winning streak of any team at DKR. Texas hasn’t put one together of the same size since 2009. OSU getting a bunch of points against Texas at home doesn’t get me pumped. 

Big 12 Ref$.....    $omething about O$U vs Texas and those jackasses being a factor.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Yep. Five straight in Austin, haven't beat them at home in 10 years. They've only beaten Texas nine times in history, so the majority of those wins are in the current steak of dominance.

Not to mention their last two visits have ended in gut wrenching fashion, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Though I'm still hesitant to consider 2015 a loss. Still, anyone just casually chalking them up as a W hasn't been around long. And double digit favorite type confidence is laughable.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

TFB August 7 practice report

Hide contents

DL1: Malcolm Roach – Keondre Coburn – Taquon Graham

Because I'm an idiot, I originally though DL1 was our depth chart for a single D-Line spot, and I was trying to figure out why the f Taquon Graham was 3rd on the depth chart. I figured out my error on my own, no thanks to any of you guys. I'm doing the best I can.

27 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Because I'm an idiot, I originally though DL1 was our depth chart for a single D-Line spot, and I was trying to figure out why the f Taquon Graham was 3rd on the depth chart. I figured out my error on my own, no thanks to any of you guys. I'm doing the best I can.

I am excited, to an unhealthy degree, to see that TQ / Coburn / Roach DL in action in Game 1.

2 hours ago, Rick Fuckin’ Dalton said:

Do you know where I can get the hat that Herman was wearing last year? It was a white & Orange hat and had the state of Texas  on it with a star by the city of Austin

They’ve been for sale at the Co-Op for going in two GD years now. Get it together. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

-Caldwell is showing up at LB and will be a factor. Being in for the spring was big. He gets forgotten a lot because he wasn’t highly rated, but that’s what you get with underdeveloped Florida players. He has a huge wingspan, he’s fast and fast twitch, and he’s mean.

Pretty sure you meant to say Tillman here. Caldwell doesn’t play LB and he’s not from Florida.

Sincerely,

Resident pedants of Surly

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

I remember watching an orange white game around 2005 and when I got home I told my dad that I can't imagine anyone having more athletic players.  By 2007 that was over

You should get better glasses.  Because there was a shit ton of elite talent on the 2007 team.  

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This would make sense. No point in playing all those games and risking injury when he's pretty much guaranteed to go in the 1st round. 

The real question is whether Canton will waive that silly “wait five years” rule. Shit man, this is Brennan Fucking Eagles.

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

“Hi guys! As you may know, my name is Gerg, and I used to be the OC for this team under Mac Brown. I have been asked to attend practice today in an advisory role (and I needed another check). As I told coach Herman when he called, I promise I will take up as little of your valuable time as possible. That said, and to put a concise wrap on this engagement and fulfill my obligations with regard to my agreement with the Texas athletic department, I offer this advice: Don’t run or call any play you think might resemble anything I ever did here. Hook’em, and have a stellar season!

35 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

“Hi guys! As you may know, my name is Gerg, and I used to be the OC for this team under Mac Brown. I have been asked to attend practice today in an advisory role (and I needed another check). As I told coach Herman when he called, I promise I will take up as little of your valuable time as possible. That said, and to put a concise wrap on this engagement and fulfill my obligations with regard to my agreement with the Texas athletic department, I offer this advice: Don’t run or call any play you think might resemble anything I ever did here. Hook’em, and have a stellar season!

What play did he draw up in his advisory role?

5 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Because he's physically able to workout and is a part of the team. Kid is probably up and down emotionally as it is. You don't tell him to be somewhere else getting fat while the kids without spinal stenosis get ready for the season.

+reps for you, on accounta that right there is  one of the truest fucking things said right around here.