Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

15 minutes ago, deadshank said:

As I am driving Mrs. Deadshank to Hobby so she can catch her extremely early bird flight to Vegas for the NFR

Mrs. Deadshank:  (looking at her boarding pass) My flight arrives in Las Vegas at 7:15 AM?  Is that right?  7:15 AM?  That's so early!!

Deadshank:  I guess the flight does arrive at 7:15 AM if that's what the boarding pass and ticket says.

Mrs. Deadshank:  Well, I know that!  Don't be stupid.

Deadshank:  Then why did you ask?

Mrs. Deadshank:  I just wanted to be sure and you don't have to be so mean to me.

Deadhank:  Enjoy Vegas.

Should have told her she was lucky to be on one of the new domestic super-sonic flights that would get her there in just over an hour!

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Now I know why my wife doesn't make Greenpoint money..

During the boil notice, she tried sneakily suggest that hot water could be used in place of boiled water. Then tried to act like it was a joke.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to actually boil water to kill most bacteria. But it has to be really hot, like 170+ or something. 

If she just meant tap hot then, yeah, no.

So, not even that hot.

In water, pasteurization is reported to begin at temperatures as low as 131°F/55°C for protozoan cysts. Similarly, it is reported that one minute of heating to 162°/72°C and two minutes of heating at 144°/62°C will render Cryptosporidium oocysts non-infectious. Other studies report that water pasteurized at 150°F/65°C for 20 minutes will kill or inactivate those organisms that can cause harm to humans. These include: Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Endameba, the eggs of worms, Vibrio cholera, Shigella, Salmonella bacteria, those that cause typhoid, the enterotoxogenic strains of E. coli, Hepatitis A and rotaviruses. It is also reported that a 99.999% kill of water borne microorganisms can be achieved at 149°F/65°C in five minutes of exposure.

I hope your hot water doesn't come out of the tap 144 degrees. Unless you and your family are some sort of reptilian, salamander-people living deep below the Earth's crust.

The REASON that you are suggested to boil water is that it's a bright-line test that can be observed in a binary sense. It's difficult to determine whether non-boiling water is 140 degrees or 150 degrees. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 12:45 PM, Jameslaw121 said:

In my case, I would exactly know what she means. Because as a lifelong Texas Rangers fan, we have this conversation at least once every December

Her : Hey - did you see the Ranger's won?

Me (without looking up): That's hockey.

That’s good

"I bought chili for you!"
b1c1b8_6a6bac9c922345618f9cd0a1d676c8b7~mv2.jpg
(pictured is Costco chili, made with copious amounts of beans)
Me: "Where is the number for the neighbor's divorce lawyer?"
Tone.

Looks like TWO KINDS of beans….plus bell pepper….and corn.
That’s some Midwest “chili” shit.
I mean, I’d probably eat it, but as a midwestern “Mexican stew.”

5 hours ago, pacman said:

spacer.png

Tone.

5 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

The beans can be excused, but the corn is an unforgivable sin. 

Get a rope...or two...

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 11:45 AM, Jameslaw121 said:

In my case, I would exactly know what she means. Because as a lifelong Texas Rangers fan, we have this conversation at least once every December

Her : Hey - did you see the Ranger's won?

Me (without looking up): That's hockey.

Ranger's what? 

Certainly not championships Hahahaha!

• Haha 1

As a former Midwesterner - fuck no. No corn. No bell pepper. No cheese. Beans, yes, but dark red kidney beans only. Stewed tomatoes is the only other non-beef item besides the chili powder.

5 hours ago, Modessit said:
16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

As a former Midwesterner - fuck no. No corn. No bell pepper. No cheese. Beans, yes, but dark red kidney beans only. Stewed tomatoes is the only other non-beef item besides the chili powder.

So tell me, how did you fit all that dick in your ass?

I see zero evidence of any kind chili powder in this dish and we’re concerned about the corn? As a current representative of the midwestern delegation, I extend a hearty to the Texas delegations for not even noticing this but take the first opportunity to shit on my region
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 11:03 AM, pacman said:

spacer.png

Tone.

I feel like that is called chili by the same people who invite you to a "barbecue" and you find out they are just grilling burgers and hot dogs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 6
  • Rage+1 2

On 12/4/2022 at 11:11 AM, Brisketexan said:

This is the correct answer.  I've been married long enough to realize that my wife does not care what my definition of chili is.  I know enough to act appreciative when she buys me food.  I would take the container and eat the contents.  I also would do so with a reasonable amount of confidence that after a night in the same bed with me after feeding me that bean-rich concoction, she would not make the same mistake twice.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Wife has the feeling that dirtying a dish or utensil for something small is somehow wasting it. Where this irks me primarily is putting greasy spatulas and shit on the counter rather than use a small plate or whatever you call the dish for that. I run the fucking dishwasher every night. Just had to spray the oven mitt with dish soap and wipe it down because it looks like she rested a greasy spoon on top of it.

• Rage+1 1

Address?  Did you tell her “It is the one across from that place where you ate that time, but the meal was okay, but not great and the hostess seemed like a bitch (Hot, tight dress),  and her friends boyfriend once ate there and he really liked his meal, but her friend thought he shouldn’t have ordered it because it is not something she thinks he likes.  But that dessert place, but not the cupcake one, is near it….but a few miles away, but not that far.”
You know, directions she can understand?

Point taken. However we are new to town so I can’t use relational stories yet.

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Taking off tomorrow on a month long trip so what does the wife do? Stressing herself out needlessly cleaning every inch of our place spotless. 

…and what will be the first thing she’ll do when we return?  Yep….clean everything again. 

Yeah, this is not the humble brag thread. 

8 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Taking off tomorrow on a month long trip so what does the wife do? Stressing herself out needlessly cleaning every inch of our place spotless. 

…and what will be the first thing she’ll do when we return?  Yep….clean everything again. 

Go Away GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 8/31/2022 at 5:07 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Today I was making myself lunch and getting some turkey out of the bottom drawer of the fridge.  I notice the bottom of the drawer is wet.  I start pulling things out and the entire thing is covered in some reddish liquid.  I come to find that an entire RE-CLOSABLE bag of kimchi was not properly closed and has leaked all over everything.  I cleaned out the entire thing and then, just to add insult to injury, or add injury to injury I guess, when I went to close the bag of kimchi the juice squirted into my eye.  FUCK EVERYTHING.

On 8/31/2022 at 5:35 PM, SilasCoade said:

fuck kimchi

I make my Korean wife keep a separate mini fridge for kimchi (and any other associated stinky ass foods she likes).

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I'm an uninitiated idiot but, WTF is that?

The circular white electronic appliance in the pic is a sound machine used for white noise to help drown outside noise as a sleep aid.  They are often used for baby/kids rooms but adults use them too.  That particular model is made by a company called Homedics, and is, as I said, a raging piece of shit.

DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF SHIT: https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Relaxing-Soothing-Charging-Auto-Off/dp/B00A2JBMRE/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1YNNC5UOFG4VJ&keywords=homedics+sound+machine&qid=1670773475&sprefix=homedics+sound+machine%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzRzNWWVlENVhRUkpQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODkzMDU2Mlc1OUZVNU9JUkQxRyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzU5NTgyMkVVOVFDSFlTMkZNUyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Homedics also makes other products my wife has purchased (humidifier, room air purifier), and they are all pieces of shit.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 2