Andrew Luck to retire

Radical Larry

58 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Career 61% completion percentage and a 2:1 TD/Int ratio. Those numbers are straight out of the mid-90s in the most wide open era in league history. 

Even without the injuries, relative to his “best QB prospect ever” hype, he’s arguably a bust. I’m not saying he was bad. But he wasn’t special.

he threw the fucking ball downfield though, I'll give him that

Yes of course financially it made sense to retire and walk away healthy. But fucking any high paid athlete can do that, and we’d be left watching Joe Webb vs Brett Huntley in the Super Bowl. Luck is a quitter and fucked over a franchise who at least had a few more runs at a super bowl with Manning. Oh well, I hope Colin cowherd commits suicide, only plus from this.  

• Fuck You 10

Regardless of what people think about his decision, you can't hate on the guy for making a decision that helps himself and the Colts. We always see these guys just staying on and cashing checks with no real love for the game, and he took the professional way out. He knew he wasn't going to give it his all, so why waste the organization's time? 

3 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

Yes of course financially it made sense to retire and walk away healthy. But fucking any high paid athlete can do that, and we’d be left watching Joe Webb vs Brett Huntley in the Super Bowl. Luck is a quitter and fucked over a franchise who at least had a few more runs at a super bowl with Manning. Oh well, I hope Colin cowherd commits suicide, only plus from this.  

Meh - it's a two way street.  NFL doesn't guarantee contracts.  So when that guy lays his brain on the line and loses his career to injury, there's zero money after he's prematurely forced out.  I'd buy your argument more for NBA/MLB guys who have guaranteed money.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

as you sit on your monday morning quarterbacking chair you warrior you

7 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

He owes the Colts nothing. Be quiet.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Sad. He was talented, but also a good guy. My wife and I had the chance to meet him a few years ago at the airport, and he was the nicest dude. I'll always be a fan and respect his decision. 

Bro, where's the hot take?  Gotta be an asshole and get attention these days on the interwebz.  Get it together. 

Who knows when he realized what about his leg, and who cares? I wonder how many Surls would show up for work Monday if they realized tomorrow that they have more money than they will ever need already in the bank. Even the ones who don’t get hit at work by 300 pound freaks with bad intentions. No one owes anyone else to sacrifice his body for amusement. Good for Luck. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Bro, where's the hot take?  Gotta be an asshole and get attention these days on the interwebz.  Get it together. 

My bad. FUCK THAT FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!! God damnit, he could have come to my Bucs and made us relevant, but we're stuck with a crab leg stealing rapist who couldn't hit sand if fell face first into the desert. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Magus Ossis said:

Who knows when he realized what about his leg, and who cares? I wonder how many Surls would show up for work Monday if they realized tomorrow that they have more money than they will ever need already in the bank. Even the ones who don’t get hit at work by 300 pound freaks with bad intentions. No one owes anyone else to sacrifice his body for amusement. Good for Luck. 

Body and brain.  But yes, nailed it. 

• Like 2

He may have owed the team and its fans the decency to retire before the draft or free agency to bring in another QB. There is some room to criticize his decision, at least the timing of it. 

No there isn’t. Those motherfuckers could cut him at any time.
  • Like 1

Just now, Murfdogg21 said:

He may have owed the team and its fans the decency to retire before the draft or free agency to bring in another QB. There is some room to criticize his decision, at least the timing of it. 

I can sort of see the timing angle, but if the switch truly flipped in the last week or two, he's not doing the team any favors by hanging around and fueling the media circus around his return. 

The NFL churns through bodies for profit. This is the cost of doing business.

2 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Mostly, see below:

2 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I always chuckle at the delusional dipshit “fans” who think they get some say in what a dude does with his life, his body and his dough.

I mean it must just really suck to be some people.

To add - ain't no loyalty. Colts would have happily cut him tomorrow if they thought it was their best interest, regardless of the impact on his well being, the well being of his family, etc. No reason that isn't a two-way street, especially considering what an NFL player is putting on the line as opposed to the team and its fans. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

No there isn’t. Those motherfuckers could cut him at any time.

This is getting off on a tangent, but guaranteed contracts are not forbidden in the NFL. Kirk Cousins 3 year mega deal with Minnesota is 100% guaranteed (unless he quits), regardless of injury or Minnesota wanting to cut him. 

If Indy “cut him at any time” today, he’d keep the signing bonus he already cashed associated with this year and remaining seasons on the contract, would keep all offseason bonuses, would receive any portions of remaining contract that were guaranteed, and would immediately be a free agent. 

41 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Arguably a bust?

Lulz.

For what we were told he was going to be? Yes. He was supposedly going to be the next great QB. He made as many conference championship games as Blake Bortles. #1 pick that was a good player but never was great and never got the Colts to what they expected to be when Manning was there. They dropped off big time from that era.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thestud said:

-Career earnings north of $75 million not counting endorsements.
-Doesn’t have to use a cane to walk.
-Brain not scrambled like an egg.
-Stands to inherit shit ton of money from mom and dad
-Stanford degree
-Not having to play for Jim Irsay

I’m having a hard time finding a reason for him to not retire.

Waking up to his new bride not so bad either... 

NicolePechanectalks to others gymnastics enthusiasts after the announcement that the U.S. Gymnastics Championships will return to Indianapolis in 2015.
Edited by LTtxfan

If I was a colts fan.. id boo the timing of it. If he wants to walk away because his mind isn't in it anymore, he's known all summer and probably before the draft.

This season is now wasted for a team that won a playoff last year.

Just looked up who they beat, Houston... ok so they won a half of a playoff game and played some good ball after a terrible start

Not necessarily. He’s been dealing with injuries all off season and it sounds like he’s had enough. 

Football seems like the one sport you can’t play if you’re not all in. He shouldn’t put his future and his brain on the line because it makes others happy. 

• Like 2

Hung out with some friends tonight and my buddy’s wife went to HS with Luck. She was sad for him but definitely under the impression that he was kind of a nerd and wasn’t all that shocked. As someone a year younger than him with considerably less money in the bank, it’s shocking that someone would give that up. At the same time, though, that dude isn’t gonna be hurting for anything ever for the rest of his life, and that could’ve been said if he’d never played a down in the NFL. 

Shitty timing for Colts fans, but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.