Andrew Luck to retire

Radical Larry

7 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I’ve always thought he was overhyped and overrated. And that nasty neck beard...

It didn't help that he was handed the worst roster in the NFL on draft day, and has never had good coaching (except that season Pagano had cancer) or good o-line play.

But yeah, I never got the impression that his entire life was football like with Brady or Peyton. Having a body that just won't cooperate is a quick way to lose whatever remaining passion you do have.

Edited by aggie08

Probably an unpopular opinion, but without knowing all the details, kind of a bitch move. That isn’t something you just do on a hunch. He’s been thinking about that for a long time. Why do it so close to week 1? I wonder if the colts saw this coming a little bit, and were mentally prepared for it to happen. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I’ve always thought he was overhyped and overrated. And that nasty neck beard...

Absolutely overrated. The media was so desperate for him to be the next great QB but he never was. The career they tried to sell actually belonged to Cam Newton, who gets trashed often. Shrugs.

He was always the QB who was about to break out and do something. Never actually doing it but was always about to.

• Like 2