Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It was a hunch we were going to win. I said let’s drive up there and met my dad in Dallas at 5:30 on on Friday. We ended up pulling into town in the middle of the night and were like fuck it- no sense putting on airs and checking into the motel 6 next to the crack house at 4:00 in the morning/ we will just sleep at the Walmart and drive the rest of the way to the stadium when the homeless people come poking around. 

Would you say hygiene is an important part of your life?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

Would you say hygiene is an important part of your life?

Ha. Yeah. Shower daily, brush my teeth and wear deodorant even. But I have had more than a few whores baths in truck stop bathrooms following Texas around on the road. I’ve been everywhere man, following this team.  New conference means  new road trips I guess. Fire up the RV and get after it. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I didn’t have a bed my entire freshman year at Texas. It worked out fine. 

I didn’t know anything about college. I applied at Texas and Dartmouth, and only Dartmouth because they were recruiting me. My essay for McCombs literally had scribbles on it. My parents worked a fuckton, were disorganized and struggled to make ends meet for us and didn’t know shit about college processes, and I just figured I was a shoe-in. 

So I ignored the dorm process, figuring it was too expensive. I was dating these two girls who were best friends and they always wanted to go to Austin. So we go up and signed a lease on Riverside a few months before school started. 

They ended up getting into a fight and I was a casualty in their demise. I might have been part of the problem, but we don’t have all day. Anyway, that happened 4 days before school started. Neither was going to Austin anymore. I needed a place, desperately. One of my buddy’s parents bought him a place in South Austin and he and two of our friends rented it from his parents. I was tight with these guys and they let me sleep on one of their floors for $200/month for the year. I went through 6 roommates that year and was the only one to pass both semesters and stay at Texas. It was a wild ass year and perhaps the greatest 9 months of my life. A lot friends were made and lost along the way. 

Anywho, that’s my contribution for defending @Wulaw Horn and probably offending @RomaVicta .

Pics of the 2 girls?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

I just bought an RV in anticipation of my impending retirement.  I tried to go through a drive through the other day and thought of wulaw.  Clearance is 9' 4" by the way 

Some peoples lives are a beacon on the shore guiding others while other peoples lives are a cautionary tale. You are welcome. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I didn’t have a bed my entire freshman year at Texas. It worked out fine. 

I didn’t know anything about college. I applied at Texas and Dartmouth, and only Dartmouth because they were recruiting me. My essay for McCombs literally had scribbles on it. My parents worked a fuckton, were disorganized and struggled to make ends meet for us and didn’t know shit about college processes, and I just figured I was a shoe-in. 

So I ignored the dorm process, figuring it was too expensive. I was dating these two girls who were best friends and they always wanted to go to Austin. So we go up and signed a lease on Riverside a few months before school started. 

They ended up getting into a fight and I was a casualty in their demise. I might have been part of the problem, but we don’t have all day. Anyway, that happened 4 days before school started. Neither was going to Austin anymore. I needed a place, desperately. One of my buddy’s parents bought him a place in South Austin and he and two of our friends rented it from his parents. I was tight with these guys and they let me sleep on one of their floors for $200/month for the year. I went through 6 roommates that year and was the only one to pass both semesters and stay at Texas. It was a wild ass year and perhaps the greatest 9 months of my life. A lot friends were made and lost along the way. 

Anywho, that’s my contribution for defending @Wulaw Horn and probably offending @RomaVicta .

….did you choose to do it 3 more years?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, hornlife said:

49 in Sept.  It sucks - went from jogging and a swimmer to tremors and shakes.  I'm scared to death of fixing a light bulb on a ladder.  I just pray it isn't MS.  Neither have a blood test, it takes time.  When your legs constantly feel like you hit your funny bone in your elbow, concern.  when you have tremors so bad you can't shave it's an issue. Not looking for sympathy, just a Longhorn.  I was at that Nebraska game in SA with Mackovic on 4th down with a pass to the TE to seal it.  I was at the Michigan Rose Bowl. 

On my dorm, it was a shithole on Guadalupe street right across from Dobie (sp?) the big blue one.  I accepted late it was the only dorm available (off campus, it was too late to get on campus).  I originally was going to texam with my high school friend and now my ex-brother in law. We could walk to a great Greek restaurant down some steps and get a gyros, the arcade - Street Fighter tournaments, Gumby's pizza, Double Dave's I think too . I covered my expenses with internships at AA, PW, and Enron. And further down Taco Bell.

I just want to see some good football before I go.  I will donate and have already left some to UT.  I realize this is a fun, thrash people board.  Thrash away, it's ok.  It won't offend me.  

Life Alumni Member, 2 degrees from UT, season ticket holder for years I lived in Texas, hate aggie, respect OU but want to beat them, contributor to UT.

And for BigBend1812:

image.thumb.jpeg.63df63294433142b8920e8b88fab9794.jpeg

God Bless and Keep You Brother. 

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I was tight with these guys and they let me sleep on one of their floors for $200/month for the year. I went through 6 roommates that year and was the only one to pass both semesters and stay at Texas. It was a wild ass year and perhaps the greatest 9 months of my life. A lot friends were made and lost along the way. 

Aw... no more yanky my wanky "The Donger" need food

31 minutes ago, CoachTex said:

95/96 13th floor Jester West

Pretty damn sure that was my floor at the exact same time.   Split 50/50 men and women?   My roommate was the Pakistani dude that would go around the floor in nothing but a towel and ask the women "how you doin?" in the worst joey impression ever...   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Shaggyhorn said:

Not sure the distinction here. They’ve upgraded Moore and Nelson to the same grade (93) as Arch. Seems like a change to push clicks/views. They’re justification is malachi plays against a higher level of talent.

85eab9dcfabe9d17c5ddd8bf5f97186a.jpg

Increased arm velocity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2