Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, turtlepond said:

But, why?  Once he committed to Sark, he instantly accepted the fate that he’s not SEC-SEC-SEC good…

He’s going on a recruit mission for us 

Laugh Plotting GIF by Big Brother

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Jamarr, DeVonta, high school, closest, all the punctuation... are you a closet OU grad?

Sorry I don’t keep my name dictionary on stand-by 

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who is the aggy 247 board talking about a Texas commit visiting them?

Looks like there's an On3 article about MM planning OVs to Bama and ATM. I'm not a subscriber but the ATM site's headline says he's in daily contact with ritz bitz.

Sure would be nice if we could get these top commits to actually shut it down. Baxter and Derek Williams planning some visits too.

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Looks like there's an On3 article about MM planning OVs to Bama and ATM. I'm not a subscriber but the ATM site's headline says he's in daily contact with ritz bitz.

Sure would be nice if we could get these top commits to actually shut it down. Baxter and Derek Williams planning some visits too.

But not Hill or Jayvon Thomas?

On 9/8/2022 at 7:18 PM, Hank Scorpio said:

Any insider info about how the death of the Queen will impact the class?

[Texags]I heard from a buddy who's friends aunt worked on the queen's medical staff that her final words were "I trust jimbo. He's got the fightin aggy spirit to get this turned around if they just give him the time."[/Texags]

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

The recruiting aspect of this game is done.

We are giving them every reason to see the future.

Now let's win this!!

The downside risk is gone but it’s not all over. Close loss and we’re fine. Win and we’re turbocharging this motherfucker. 

15 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Texas was in this game until there was 15 seconds left and lost by 1 to the #1 ranked team in the country. This was after the starting QB got knocked out and the backup was playing visibly injured.

I think we'll be okay with 'crootin. They don't have to go out of state to play high level football versus tough opponents. Come to Texas guys.

If you allow me to flagellate my vag for one moment (and I promise that's it), I have some concern with the rest of the season results given the situation at QB and the repercussions of a worst case scenario playing out. 

That said, (most) everything else about the game seems like it was great from a recruiting perspective.  Even if Bama dropped off a cliff, our team improved by a lot

Edited by TommyGufano

5 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

If you allow me to flagellate my vag for one moment (and I promise that's it), I have some concern with the rest of the season results given the situation at QB and the repercussions of a worst case scenario playing out. 

That said, (most) everything else about the game seems like it was great from a recruiting perspective.  Even if Bama dropped off a cliff, our team improved by a lot

Nah, recruits aren't stupid. They know what the future holds with Quinn and Arch.

• Hook 'Em 6

47 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I’m worried about the immediate future too with Card, but I feel a lot better about the long term future.

• Hook 'Em 1

My biggest takeaway from today (other than how shitty Bama played and how many points we left on the damn field..so third biggest I guess) is that we absolutely need a dude that can come off the edge and get after the QB without having to bring extras….I mean we all knew it going in, but despite all of the shit that happened, we still win that game with a big time pass rusher. We need to roll out Turnt Ends right damn quick.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, IDIOTsavant said:

My biggest takeaway from today (other than how shitty Bama played and how many points we left on the damn field..so third biggest I guess) is that we absolutely need a dude that can come off the edge and get after the QB without having to bring extras….I mean we all knew it going in, but despite all of the shit that happened, we still win that game with a big time pass rusher. We need to roll out Turnt Ends right damn quick.

I thought Oghoufo looked gassed at the end. Would have liked to have seen one of the freshmen rotate in. But that's probably just because I haven't had enough opportunities to pick apart their weaknesses 2 games into their careers

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Number 18 played a damn good game. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Dude, the DL played a hell of a game. Biggest weakness today was easily the run blocking. Bijan got hit at the LOS every damn time. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, TommyGufano said:

Obviously we’re talking Texas football here so there’s always the possibility of collapsing in on itself like a dying star, but I’ll counter you with a couple things:

1) Card was pretty banged up. To me it looked like it was really affecting his footwork in a bad way. He’s not QE, but it’s reasonable to believe he can improve from last years Arkansas debacle. 
2) Our D played way better than last year. Bama’s WRs look like trash compared to their recent history, but Young and Gibbs are legit Heisman-level players. Aside from the 80 yard run, they did damn near nothing until late in the 4th. 

• Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Number 18 played a damn good game. 

Ovie played well, but he’s not a dude that’s gonna consistently get pressure without us bringing extra guys. Both can be true.

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Dude, the DL played a hell of a game. Biggest weakness today was easily the run blocking. Bijan got hit at the LOS every damn time. 

The DL did a solid job, but it doesn’t change the fact that a true difference maker off the edge probably wins the game on that final drive. We didn’t have it. This is the recruiting thread where we talk about what we need.

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

FIFY. Neyor would have been nice but with Card as QB it would not have helped.

Not necessarily. Neyor's presence would have reduced the amount of times Worthy would receive double coverage and would have created more opportunities in the passing game. Not all passes have to be home run throws. 

• Hook 'Em 2