Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, ousux said:
5 hours ago, tokamak said:
Please sweet baby Jesus at least let us make this competitive for recruiting reasons

Baby jesus answers, he's almost a Longhorns fan it seems

Well, we’ve already been roaming the desert for a decade+.  I mean, not as long as aggy, but they arent a blue blood. 

Edited by Mdhorn

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Irish lose to Marshall. 

3rd loss in a row

Will the Westlake WR reconsider Texas ??

2 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Greathouse isn’t coming here either.

I look at Greathouse as a back-up option to Duce Robinson. Looking at Greathouse Size-wise, it's obvious he's gonna outgrow the WR position once he's in a college strength & conditioning.

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

It wasnt a weakness so much as we were running into a front seven with about 5 first round draft picks with true freshmen linemen. 

Yep, and as soon as Ewers went out they completely focused on the run. If Card had another ankle he would have had a lot of options. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We really need to get a few more big time pass rushers.  I think the guys in the last class are going to be real good, but we need to stack depth.  Could have used some monster EDGE guys today.  Akana, Wilson, whoever.

Did any of the freshman EDGE guys play? Was at the game and it was kinda hard to see who was subbing in and out

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We really need to get a few more big time pass rushers.  I think the guys in the last class are going to be real good, but we need to stack depth.  Could have used some monster EDGE guys today.  Akana, Wilson, whoever.

Could be wrong, but I feel like the edge guys did a pretty decent job collapsing the pocket on a good number of passing plays. Don't remember seeing much of that at all last year.

• Hook 'Em 5